You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Old Bloke Who Killed The Burglar

Some people get so excited on the subject its as if they want a burglar to turn up at their house so they have an excuse to batter them; it's fantasised about.

I personally can't imagine a situation where I'd enjoy stamping on someone's head or lamping them with a club

• Upvote 1

My mate is a prison guard and a gamer and thinks its due punishment that the prisoners in his gaff only get a PlayStation 2. He was handcuffed to one bloke a couple of years ago to take him to Whiston Hospital and took him looking for Pokemon GO while they were waiting, whether he wanted to or not.

Some people get so excited on the subject its as if they want a burglar to turn up at their house so they have an excuse to batter them; it's fantasised about.

I personally can't imagine a situation where I'd enjoy stamping on someone's head or lamping them with a club

You should try working with my boss for a couple of hours.

Was reading how someone left a note with flowers at the scene saying this lad “Had a heart of gold”.

Oh aye, bet he loved his dear old Mum too.

Bet he never harmed one of his own kind either.

He probably did have a heart of gold. One attached to a gold chain that was nicked the night before from some poor fuckers dressing table.

• Upvote 3

Was reading how someone left a note with flowers at the scene saying this lad “Had a heart of gold”.

Bollocks isnt it mate. Nobody is ever a cunt after they die, even if they were the biggest one ever.

I remember some years ago a particularly bad bastard shuffled off, and they had the nerve to play "Trouble" by Coldplay at the funeral. Aye, righty ho then.

Vincent came from a family of offenders and, after two of his cousins were jailed for stealing a war hero’s medals, another relative commented on Facebook: ‘The old b******s deserve everything they get. An OAP a day will keep ur bank balance at bay.’

https://www.metro.news/burglars-killer-may-never-feel-able-to-go-home/1010235/

Sound like a lovely family.  

Heart of gold with his own screwdriver sticking out of it hopefully!

• Upvote 1

From the BBC News webpage:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43676359

In January, Mr Vincent was named and pictured by Kent Police investigating a distraction burglary on a man in his 70s.

Family and friends paid tribute to him on social media.

Good fucking riddance.

Obviously not funny that someone died, but this part is a bit funny. What would they have said? That he was a great guy, loved by all who came in contact with him? He tried to take advantage of an old man, ffs. Probably not the best thing to pay tribute to this guy in a public forum. 

My 83 year old father in law was burgled early on Sunday night while he was out at my house. According to the police, it was almost certain it was chums from the traveller community who had done two other houses in the road on the same evening.  The police can/will do nothing, the forensics were about as forensic as that woman off the shake and vac advert, and now he's without a working front door.  

Obviously not funny that someone died, but this part is a bit funny. What would they have said? That he was a great guy, loved by all who came in contact with him? He tried to take advantage of an old man, ffs. Probably not the best thing to pay tribute to this guy in a public forum. 

they give no fuck.

'understood to be from the travelling community'

Well I never!

Pretty sure non travellers engage in criminal activity from time to time, my blood pressure nurse sells Kodi boxes and half of Tottenham are walking round with machetes down their kecks.

Ironically the next thread on the GF is the 'Stealing a Living' thread. Potential for conflating the two?

And with the bumps of all these Simon threads it's getting a bit pikey   spooky.

Just seen this after posting in the Juxtapositions thread.

Either that or the spirit of thievery has taken me too.  It's infectious.

Shrine to Hither Green 'burglar' Henry Vincent torn down

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43710526

BBC don’t fucking help themselves do they?

As a massive fan and defender of them they can fuck right off! The tributes weren’t ‘torn down’. They were removed from home owners properties and respectfully laid on a communal pavement.

The fact they were put up opposite the home the owner of which doesn’t feel safe to move back into again and has had to have his windows bordered up is another matter entirely.

My 83 year old father in law was burgled early on Sunday night while he was out at my house. According to the police, it was almost certain it was chums from the traveller community who had done two other houses in the road on the same evening. The police can/will do nothing, the forensics were about as forensic as that woman off the shake and vac advert, and now he's without a working front door.

Cunts.