You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

city at home

kop77

I went on the MEN site to see their take on the game. It's buried beneath pages and pages about the 'shocking violence' before kick off. 

jumped up fucking sheep-shagging bumpkins. 

All week it;s been 'we won't be intimidated'; now they cry to mum because the nasty man threw the drink.

Twats. 

• Upvote 2

​They're a real nasty bunch over on that Blue Moon. Just downright horrible and spiteful. I know the internet tends to cultivate a collective abhorrent mentality as a result of anonymity and you unfortunately take it as a given- hence why you should never look below the line- but some of the stuff that fully grown adults come out with on there is staggering.

Some of it is totally weird and at the same time indicative of the amnesia that a lot of Mancs seem to suffer from. Calling our ground Klanfield and pointing out the buildings down the docks are the result of the slave trade, whilst conveniently ignoring their own city's support of the Confederacy during the US Civil War. Lots of smear and insinuation about Hillsborough, with one poster commenting on the coach's uploaded Instagram vid by saying something like 'it's a shame that technology like that hasn't always been around because the truth they sought may have turned out different'. Constantly referring to Liverpool as being a shithole, with the usual quips about people being on the dole and the like. Pot calling the kettle black there, lads? That last point, in particular, is why I tend not to have sympathy when I hear of fans getting fleeced by their clubs when they come to Anfield singing about people being on benefits and signing on. Act like Tories by all means, but don't moan when you end up getting treated like Tories by the Tories running your club.

All of the faux outrage about the coach welcome. Don't get me wrong, it's indefensible lobbing stuff at the bus and you can't legislate for a bunch of mindless scals, but fucking hell, your club made a far bigger deal of it in the first place than was necessary. You didn't exactly help the situation by bleating endlessly and being complicit in the production of clickbait journalism. These scals don't need an incentive to act like morons, but your attitude in the first place was like a red rag to a bull. For the most part, those in attendance at the welcome conducted themselves in the right manner and I've no doubt the numbers swelled because of their club's behaviour. Yesterday's was the first welcome I've done and it was primarily because of their conduct making me think, 'fuck you, you small time cunts'. And no, I didn't chuck anything.

All we heard since the draw was made was smart arse quips from your fans and players about how they wouldn't be intimidated, how flags can't score goals, how x has played in this derby in Buenos Aires, etc. You had no fucking idea. The entire attitude of that club fucking stunk to high heaven to begin with and they were brought back down to earth with an almighty bump. They're still more than capable of putting us out next week as they're an excellent team, but it felt like last night was a big 'fuck you' to those who think football can be measured solely in binaries, in stats, in pound signs. The intangibles play a far bigger part in the game than people realise. Last night proved it. In future, don't go throwing your weight around before you've earned the right.

Shite, small-time, Paul Dickov-loving, inflatable banana waving ball bags. 

• Upvote 15

I said yesterday that the people doing it are cunts

But you would think the bus was firebomed and a complete wreck the way some peope are going on and fucking Pep half comparing it to a bloody bomb at the Dortmund game. Get a fucking grip, as if Pep had not dealt with that going to Madrid with Barcelona or travelling in Eastern Europe and Turkey during his career. 

Anyway from Titi Camera

At my local supermarket #Believe #LFC #YNWA #LIVMCI

DZ-HYXhW0AEalNF.jpg

• Upvote 2

Their assistant manager was terrified obviously that's why he was right by a window filming?

Why weren't they all cowering on the floor. No excuses just a few fucking idiots.

Would have barely been mentioned had the won 3-0.

Just watched the video from the City coach and my word, talk about mountain out of a molehill. A few taps on the window where the cans hit which the City players wouldn't have even heard with their headphones on. Don't get me wrong, one can is one can too many thrown by dickheads, and the object which broke the glass worse, but the bitter overreaction is ridiculous but not surprising.

I work in Manc and sit in the immediate vicinity of two Utd fans, a Manc Evertonian (no I don't get it either) and a City fan and boy were they outdoing each other on the talkingshite-ometer today!

• Upvote 3

Fat Joe has got in on it now calling for solidarity between the two cities.

Got a whatsapp of a conversation of Joe distancing the club and the city from those who threw the cans, the first reply calls him fat joe, goes on to say the damage to the coach is caused by the potholes in the road and when are you going to sort it, Chippy Tits

Just watched the video from the City coach and my word, talk about mountain out of a molehill. A few taps on the window where the cans hit which the City players wouldn't have even heard with their headphones on. Don't get me wrong, one can is one can too many thrown by dickheads, and the object which broke the glass worse, but the bitter overreaction is ridiculous but not surprising.

I work in Manc and sit in the immediate vicinity of two Utd fans, a Manc Evertonian (no I don't get it either) and a City fan and boy were they outdoing each other on the talkingshite-ometer today!

Poor Pep will probably need Counselling, expect PTSD claims. " It wath like Nam "

( Platoon tune plays in the background )

I've banned myself off bluemoon now, went on there for a laugh but they really are a vile bunch with the shit they are spewing.

Saying the media are glossing over it, I've heard nothing except stuff about the bottle throwing how's that glossing over it?

And "I wonder if the liverpool fan base will be as insistent upon justice for those hurt as they have been in the past..."

yeah because a few cans lashed at a bus is comparable to people dying.

On top of all the other bollocks that united usually come out with, they think they are so much better than everyone else.

Fucking hell. Ten Evertonians on my faceaids have shared the video of the Man City assistant filming the bus ride. Obsessed twats.

Been on some facebook page called Pints & Pyro. They fucking moan non stop about how shite English football is for atmosphere and has been ruined by Japanese tourists with selfie sticks. As soon as Liverpool do anything remotely passionate all the fans are cunts and got everyone banned out of Europe and killed their own fans at Hillsborough. Mainly Nottingham Forest and Chelsea fans.

​They're a real nasty bunch over on that Blue Moon. Just downright horrible and spiteful. I know the internet tends to cultivate a collective abhorrent mentality as a result of anonymity and you unfortunately take it as a given- hence why you should never look below the line- but some of the stuff that fully grown adults come out with on there is staggering.

Some of it is totally weird and at the same time indicative of the amnesia that a lot of Mancs seem to suffer from. Calling our ground Klanfield and pointing out the buildings down the docks are the result of the slave trade, whilst conveniently ignoring their own city's support of the Confederacy during the US Civil War. Lots of smear and insinuation about Hillsborough, with one poster commenting on the coach's uploaded Instagram vid by saying something like 'it's a shame that technology like that hasn't always been around because the truth they sought may have turned out different'. Constantly referring to Liverpool as being a shithole, with the usual quips about people being on the dole and the like. Pot calling the kettle black there, lads? That last point, in particular, is why I tend not to have sympathy when I hear of fans getting fleeced by their clubs when they come to Anfield singing about people being on benefits and signing on. Act like Tories by all means, but don't moan when you end up getting treated like Tories by the Tories running your club.

All of the faux outrage about the coach welcome. Don't get me wrong, it's indefensible lobbing stuff at the bus and you can't legislate for a bunch of mindless scals, but fucking hell, your club made a far bigger deal of it in the first place than was necessary. You didn't exactly help the situation by bleating endlessly and being complicit in the production of clickbait journalism. These scals don't need an incentive to act like morons, but your attitude in the first place was like a red rag to a bull. For the most part, those in attendance at the welcome conducted themselves in the right manner and I've no doubt the numbers swelled because of their club's behaviour. Yesterday's was the first welcome I've done and it was primarily because of their conduct making me think, 'fuck you, you small time cunts'. And no, I didn't chuck anything.

All we heard since the draw was made was smart arse quips from your fans and players about how they wouldn't be intimidated, how flags can't score goals, how x has played in this derby in Buenos Aires, etc. You had no fucking idea. The entire attitude of that club fucking stunk to high heaven to begin with and they were brought back down to earth with an almighty bump. They're still more than capable of putting us out next week as they're an excellent team, but it felt like last night was a big 'fuck you' to those who think football can be measured solely in binaries, in stats, in pound signs. The intangibles play a far bigger part in the game than people realise. Last night proved it. In future, don't go throwing your weight around before you've earned the right.

Shite, small-time, Paul Dickov-loving, inflatable banana waving ball bags. 

Just requoting this because it's well written. 

I'd like to add that it's nights like these that keep fans pumped up all week. We'll go to bed singing "Allez Allez Allez" and wake up to watch the highlights and the post-match comments. We'll rewatch the arrival of the bus, try and find the best pictures of the red mist for our wallpaper/desktop background and watch Salah, Ox and Mane put 3 past the current best team in the league. If City could replicate this level of atmosphere it would make for another great night in CL football. But they can't, and it's sad that they can't - probably every one of their fans knows that - it's just not the same level of club when it comes to fan support. 

Football is all about nights like these, it's about the fans, it's about the atmosphere, it's about turning up to work with no voice and wanting to burst with fucking glee. I wish we could do this shit every week and at every game. For now, we'll just live with bringing our magic to these special CL nights with this level of support. 

We have some dickheads who support our club, but every club does. 

Our support is bigger than that, and the majority have the best intentions. We're never going to stop. Allez-fucking-allez