You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Sources have told FourFourTwo that Neves has an ongoing negotiation with #LFC. FourFourTwo report that Neves will be allowed to leave Wolves for #LFC if they table the “right offer”

Full story here. Apparently Lijnders has always been a fan.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/inside-story-liverpools-fight-ruben-neves-and-wolvess-potential-replacement

That Mendes has one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen. What is it about rich people where they think "I know, now that I have all this money I'll go get a fake tan and spend thousands on clothing only to make myself look like a ridiculously entitled douchebag."?

1837.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

he's a rich man's David Dickinson.

Sources have told FourFourTwo that Neves has an ongoing negotiation with #LFC. FourFourTwo report that Neves will be allowed to leave Wolves for #LFC if they table the “right offer”

Jorge Mendes must be raking in agent's fees from these 'ongoing negotiations'.

Good article, thanks.

It starts by quoting Klopp when he arrived, saying he will win a title within four years. I remember when he said it, and I also thought a bit of it was lost in translation, as he didn’t necessarily mean the league, but could also have meant a trophy.

That’s how I read it at the time, but that’s not to say we aren’t gearing up to go for the big two.

• Upvote 1

So Neves is going to Nijmegen then?

How's Lijnders been doing over there anyway (calling cloggy)?

They currently sit 3rd in the Eerste Divisie, with just 1 game left of the regular season. Their form has been pretty good at the back end of the season, strong at home, room for improvement away.

If they win their final game at Dordrecht and Fortuna Sittard lose at home to PSV's Youth side, then they'll gain automatic promotion to the Eredivisie.

It looks like the Ajax Youth side are going to win the league, but as they cannot be promoted, the team finishing second will gain automatic promotion.

NEC had already booked themselves a place in the promotion playoffs at the end of the season, courtesy of being the period 1 winners in this season's campaign, before Lijnders took over.

The season is split into 4 periods consisting of 9 games each.

P1 is Game 3 - 11

P2 is Game 12 - 20

P3 is Game 21 - 29

P4 is Game 30 - 38

The first 2 games of the season don't count in any period.

The winner of each period qualifies for the end of season promotion playoffs, regardless of where they finish in the overall table. (Dordrecht are 13th overall, but won period 3 and will therefore be in the promotion playoffs).

• Upvote 1

According to CalcioMercado we have an agreement to sign Danielle Cebbalos from Real Madrid for around £35m.

The Spanish midfielder joined the reigning European champions last summer after a stunning spell at Real Betis, but has endured a difficult debut campaign at the Bernabeu.

Ceballos has found appearances extremely hard to come by and has only made two starts, with Los Blanco’s boss Zinedine Zidane telling him he is free to search for a new club this summer.

The Italian source has stated that AC Milan were frontrunners for Ceballos’ signature, however the ‘decisive intervention’ of Jürgen Klopp has reportedly swayed the 21-year-old’s mind.

It is believed that in recent weeks Liverpool have ramped up their interest and that they have been in regular contact with the player’s agent.

Madrid previously shelled out €18million to secure the signature of Ceballos, who had been of interest of arch rivals Barcelona, and are now looking to offload him for more than double that.

Calciomercato have reported that a fee somewhere in the region of €40 million will allow Ceballos to end his nightmare spell in the Spanish capital.

Juventus were previously interested, but the reported asking price is likely to prize them out, leaving Liverpool and Milan to battle it out for the 2017 UEFA U21 Championship player of the tournament. The Reds’ will certainly have the neccessary money to complete any deal, as Klopp looks to finally replace Philippe Coutinho.

Good article, thanks.

It starts by quoting Klopp when he arrived, saying he will win a title within four years. I remember when he said it, and I also thought a bit of it was lost in translation, as he didn’t necessarily mean the league, but could also have meant a trophy.

That’s how I read it at the time, but that’s not to say we aren’t gearing up to go for the big two.

I thought he meant the same, Rev.

According to CalcioMercado we have an agreement to sign Danielle Cebbalos from Real Madrid for around £35m.

Replace Lallana with Ceballos and that's a quality upgrade. Don't know how much we can get for Lallana these days, maybe some dumb team (West Ham?) will give us £15m. I'd take it and run.

Don't think Ceballos will end up costing £35m, either. There aren't likely to be too many suitors who can pay his wages and he'll probably have a big say in it as well. I predict somewhere between £25-30m, which is a risk but not a huge one. His passing stats are excellent, there's a decent chance he flops but also a decent chance it all clicks and he turns into the Spanish version of Luka Modric. Certainly the talent is there, might need a few Klopp scowls/hugs to get his attitude to match.

http://www.anfieldedition.uk/2018/04/exclusive-liverpool-close-agreeing-deal-james-maddison/

EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool are close to agreeing a deal for James Maddison. #LFC

https://t.co/gNuSOSjGCd

Anfield Edition can also exclusively reveal that Liverpool are in crunch talks with Ryan Sessegnon’s representatives. #LFC

Sessegnon looks really good. Preferably as a wide attacker, rather than at full back.

That Maddison looks decent too. Skilful. Good passer. Can finish and take a good set piece too. Doesn't look that fast though.

I hope the Neves links are accurate though. Watched one of those YouTube compilations of him and he's shit hot. Passes it like Alonso.