You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke

I went to peel some spuds and prepare the chicken for roasting and they lost another 3 wickets. 27/6 off 12 overs, utter embarrassment. It would seem winning the WC has gone to their heads. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Semi final 1. NZ v India.

NZ win the toss and have decided to bat first. I wouldn't write NZ off but they'll have to bat better if they have a chance against India. Gonna miss a large part of watching this live due to going out for a meal with military friends who are leaving Germany for good. 

Guest Pistonbroke

NZ 1/1 off 3.3 overs, Guptil out for 1 off 14 balls. Unless Williamson and Taylor have a great day this could be very much a one sided affair. Kohli admiring his own catch, pity it didn't smack him in the gob. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

NZ 1/1 off 3.3 overs, Guptil out for 1 off 14 balls. Unless Williamson and Taylor have a great day this could be very much a one sided affair. 

While everyone keeps saying that Vince is the shittest opener at this World Cup, Guptill be like, "Hold my beer!"

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Trumo said:

While everyone keeps saying that Vince is the shittest opener at this World Cup, Guptill be like, "Hold my beer!"

He's had a nightmare for such a talented lad. I don't think he's had one influential innings. 

I think NZ are attempting to get in the record books here. The lowest ever first PP score in WC history. 

Guest Pistonbroke

There's a reserve day tomorrow to finish the match. It won't be reduced overs unless it pisses it down tomorrow. Mind you, it is the Uk so that is a possibility. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

There's a reserve day tomorrow to finish the match. It won't be reduced overs unless it pisses it down tomorrow. Mind you, it is the Uk so that is a possibility. 

If they restart the game tonight it will be a 20 over game even if they have to go into the reserve day tomorrow.

If another ball isn't bowled today it will still be a 50 over game tomorrow... providing there is no more rain that is.

Guest Pistonbroke
14 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

If they restart the game tonight it will be a 20 over game even if they have to go into the reserve day tomorrow.

If another ball isn't bowled today it will still be a 50 over game tomorrow... providing there is no more rain that is.

Ehß Is that some new rules. Makes a mockery of what a reserve day is about. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Officially off for the day. match resumes tomorrow at 10:30 Uk time and will continue from the present position. So NZ will start on 211/5 after 46.1 overs.