You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Now if you'd said Nicola...

She was probably too good looking for the locals from Chester Lee Street mate. A pity your dad had his day spoilt. I have nothing against people chatting at a sporting event, but the loud ones who just go OTT and aren't even there for the occasion should stay at home, or get pissed in a pub. 

Nice ground they've built for DCC though. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

She was probably too good looking for the locals from Chester Lee Street mate. A pity your dad had his day spoilt. I have nothing against people chatting at a sporting event, but the loud ones who just go OTT and aren't even there for the occasion should stay at home, or get pissed in a pub. 

Nice ground they've built for DCC though. 

I don't think it ruined his day entirely, it was still a good trip up until all that shite happened.  He was definitely suffering more than me, though.  His problem was that he's usually in the Members Stand watching Durham with all of the perks that come with it.  Today he was stuck with us plebs in the pissed up Kiwi section.  

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, TK421 said:

I don't think it ruined his day entirely, it was still a good trip up until all that shite happened.  He was definitely suffering more than me, though.  His problem is that he's usually in the Members Stand watching Durham with all of the perks that come with it.  Today he was stuck with us plebs in the pissed up Kiwi section.  

I've been to the Riverside, or the Emirates Riverside as they call it these days quite a few times whilst back in the UK, although not since 2007, my last visit to that neck of the woods. They only went and won the bloody championship the next two seasons n all. Always had a good few days out watching the Cricket. Pity DCC are now in league two after all the points deductions the other season. Drew with Lancashire in their latest match which finished today, so Div 2 it will be again next season, not that I had much of a chance of promotion. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

I've been to the Riverside, or the Emirates Riverside as they call it these days quite a few times whilst back in the UK, although not since 2007, my last visit to that neck of the woods. They only went and won the bloody championship the next two seasons n all. Always had a good few days out watching the Cricket. Pity DCC are now in league two after all the points deductions the other season. Drew with Lancashire in their latest match which finished today, so Div 2 it will be again next season, not that I had much of a chance of promotion. 

Jimmy Anderson injured in that match yesterday.

I saw the home game v Lancs which was held at Gosforth this year (they play one game every season at Gosforth).  My dad saw Jimmy Anderson in Caffe Nero but didn't ask him if he came with volume control.  Keaton Jennings was run out in a ridiculous slipping incident.  Durham should have won the home game but they got whacked around in the penultimate over. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Jimmy Anderson injured in that match yesterday.

I saw the home game v Lancs which was held at Gosforth this year (they play one game every season at Gosforth).  My dad saw Jimmy Anderson in Caffe Nero but didn't ask him if he came with volume control.  Keaton Jennings was run out in a ridiculous slipping incident.  Durham should have won the home game but they got whacked around in the penultimate over. 

Lancashire have a few old Durham players these days, Jennings and Onions. I still follow the scores closely and get the odd live game in via streams, normally only the ODI or T20 stuff though. Not much live Championship shown these days, if at all. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Gayle fails again, out for 7 off 18 balls, WI 21/1. Gayle should have retired last year, he's just a side show these days with the odd good innings due to slogging. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Gayle fails again, out for 7 off 18 balls, WI 21/1. Gayle should have retired last year, he's just a side show these days with the odd good innings due to slogging. 

Just read a bizarre and frankly amazing stat that this is Gayle's 28th innings since the last world cup and 45% of his runs have come in sixes...

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Stickman said:

Just read a bizarre and frankly amazing stat that this is Gayle's 28th innings since the last world cup and 45% of his runs have come in sixes...

He's done at this level mate, he doesn't offer enough to warrant a place in the team imo. He's also reversed his decision to retire. Maybe's the players like having him around the dressing room, but surely if that is the case he could take up a coaching role.

Afghans just drop Hope off a dolly. WI struggling here, 28/1 off 7.2 overs. I'd love to see Afghanistan win a game. 

14 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

He's done at this level mate, he doesn't offer enough to warrant a place in the team imo. He's also reversed his decision to retire. Maybe's the players like having him around the dressing room, but surely if that is the case he could take up a coaching role.

Afghans just drop Hope off a dolly. WI struggling here, 28/1 off 7.2 overs. I'd love to see Afghanistan win a game. 

To be fair he was outstanding in the ODI series in the Caribbean when they drew with England but he's just incredibly selfish and always has been. He's the sort of player who as long as he scores 70-80 or a hundred then he's really not arsed about how the team does...

It's all about Chris Gayle

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Stickman said:

To be fair he was outstanding in the ODI series in the Caribbean when they drew with England but he's just incredibly selfish and always has been. He's the sort of player who as long as he scores 70-80 or a hundred then he's really not arsed about how the team does...

It's all about Chris Gayle

He's done now mate, I agree with the me me me attitude and not quite the team player you need, especially at a WC. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Yep.

Big difference with hitting runs on a home pitch that suits fast bowling which means the ball comes to the bat at pace, also against the same bowlers. Bit different at a World Cup on varying pitches/bowling.

A healthy and good Windies team is good for Cricket. They seem to be bringing good players through now, so hopefully they'll improve. They need to move Gayle into coaching or just bin him. Great player in his day, mostly at the shorter game, but age gets to us all. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Pakistan V Bangladesh. Pakistan need to win the toss, bat and win by roughly 300 runs to make the semi's. The toss................Pakistan win the toss and bat, good luck hahahaha. Come on Bangladesh, if they win they'll finish 5th in the league and ahead of Pakistan. That would conclude a very good tournament for the Tigers. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Pakistan off to a flyer...........23/1 off 7.2 overs. I knew I should have whacked money on Bangladesh after the England innings the other day. Damn. 

Guest Pistonbroke

After a dodgy start Pakistan are now 136/1 off 26.5 overs. Helped by some wank fielding from Bangladesh, miss fields costing boundaries, dropped catches and strange field placings.  

Guest Pistonbroke

315/9 off Pak's 50 overs. Mustafizur with a 5 for. Imam got exactly a 100 then stood on his wickets. If Pakistan bowl Bangladesh out for 7 they'll make the semis's! 

Guest Pistonbroke

SL V India. SL won the toss and decided to bat, 249/5 off 47.3 overs.

SA v Aus. SA won the toss and are currently battering the Aussie openers. 52/0 off 6.1 overs. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Steve Smith is such an arrogant tit, thought he ran out van Der Dussen and was puffing his chest out trying to act cool as if it was definitely out, batsman made his ground though...hahaha. 

SA 251 for 2 off 41 overs. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

Smith is a bellend, no where near as bad as Warner though. 

I really don't like either mate, and not just down to the cheatgate stuff. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

Warner is another league compared to the cabbage patch kid. 

True, although both deserve a few slaps. If Aussies lose this we'll probably face them at Edgbaston in the semi, as India are fucking humping SL in their run chase. 152/0 off 25 overs chasing 265