You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nintendo Switch

Scott_M

Got the Darker Side multi-moon. Absolutely solidly hard.

810 moons and I’m done. I’m not a collectic of games so eBay beckons for it if the DLC isnt worth it.

I’m a bit sad it’s over to be honest, amazing game

• Upvote 1

They'd get through the main game okay (or with the assist mode), the post-game and dark side of the moon is hard at times though.  Don't know if it's too much for kids, games were just as tough back in the 90s.  Just maybe bear in mind that handheld + frustration might be an expensive combination.

• Upvote 1

Mario Odyssey a bit much for kids then?

As Pidge said, you can finish it doing half I did. I went all out because I was really enjoying I, I get others won’t complete as much as I did.

There are lots of easier moons to collect that will be able to see you progress. I can’t comment on assist mode, I never turned it on.

It gets a lot harder once you complete it and it unlocks about another 50% of the game.

Got the Darker Side multi-moon. Absolutely solidly hard.

810 moons and I’m done. I’m not a collectic of games so eBay beckons for it if the DLC isnt worth it.

I’m a bit sad it’s over to be honest, amazing game

Kudos. I couldn't get through that. I tried for about an hour, but I always fells just short and I couldn't face redoing the early parts over and over again any more.

Kudos. I couldn't get through that. I tried for about an hour, but I always fells just short and I couldn't face redoing the early parts over and over again any more.

It took me on and off about 2 weeks!

To be fair, once you got through a part of it a couple of times, it was pretty easy to get back to where you were. Like that time one without Cappy, the blocks always move in the same way. A couple of goes and you’ve worked it out.

I found the one with the sensor rings and those little hairy goblin things coming from all angles the hardest. I got through the Pokio one at 3rd time of asking and then the 2D and Boweser bits first time.

There was no big celebration once I got it, I was a bit underwhelmed actually.

Mainly the only ones I didn’t get were the Foot Race ones, the art ones where you need to go back to other levels and a few mini games.

Has anyone played NBA? Man, there are a lot of buttons to remember. I'm sure all sports games are like this now, and maybe i'm getting old. It seems to be more a realistic simulation of a game on TV, rather than an easy to play, vaguely realistic computer game.

Saying that, once you get familiar with the controls it's a pretty good game. The Switch needs more sports games. I'd love an NHL game. Come on EA! 

So far in Zelda I seem to be doing a lot of walking about of some fields and ruins, dying from the cold and climbing mountains.

Just got to some village where some old dear told me to revive the destroyers or something. Now got to head east to have my iPad fixed.

It is pretty good through. Just wish all my swords etc would stop breaking.

So far in Zelda I seem to be doing a lot of walking about of some fields and ruins, dying from the cold and climbing mountains.

Just got to some village where some old dear told me to revive the destroyers or something. Now got to head east to have my iPad fixed.

It is pretty good through. Just wish all my swords etc would stop breaking.

You'll find as you progress through the game weapon durability becomes less and less of an issue.

There is a lot of walking about in Zelda. I know the 'open world' part of it is half it's appeal but I think I'd have liked it a bit more structured. It's very, very good but I think I'll enjoy it a bit more when I can warp back and forth to a few places. 

I'll finish the Zora Devine Beast this evening. I'll go for the Goran's next, they were always my favourite on the N64 version.

Played a load of this last week, think I went the wrong way.  Ended up in the Gerudo area getting beaten up by the Yiga clan a lot, plus every Lizalfos could one-shot me. Going elsewhere first.

Just enjoying the exploration at the moment. Finding as many shrines as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I was finding the transition from Mario and it’s constant achievement to Zelda wondering round for ages not sure if your doing anything quite difficult at first. I even ditched it for a week to play FIFA again.

I’ve been back on it this weekend and it is a great game, just needs more patience.

Enjoying Goron City and the North Mine, think I’m pretty close to an assault on the Devine Beast.