You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Danny Ings

TheHowieLama

Firmino is our best striker and yet has 23 goals for the club in 2 and a bit years.

Sturridge has 21 goals in the same period.

Combined, in all comps, our best 2 have 44 goals in 2 and a bit years.

Harry Kane has 67, on his own.

I'm just putting this out there - but i'd suggest that Kane has never played in midfield for the majority of that time? Unlike Firmino, who has.

If you want to really dig down and consider why we have a problem scoring goals, you need only look at how 3 of our strikers fare when compared other English strikers in the division.

I don't think I'm being harsh here when I put them in order.

• Kane
  • Vardy
  • Rashford
  • Welbeck
  • Abraham
  • Walcott
  • Austin
  • Rooney
  • Wilson
  • Deeney
  • Grey
  • Carroll
  • Gayle
  • Defoe
  • Rodriguez
  • Sturridge
  • Calvert-Lewin
  • Solanke
  • Ings
  • Crouch
  • Berahino
  • Baldock
  • Akpom
  • Murray
  • Wickham

This is like that infamous Greta Steinson post from a few years back.

• Upvote 2

I'll just stop, you're right. The stats tell the whole story, we'll obviously finish top 2 or 3, stats say so.

Henderson has good stats as well. And Mignolet.

Stats don't tell you anything, analysis and interpretation of said stats does that.

Listing strikers 1-25 based on your own opinion isn't really saying anything either.

I'm happy when we're smashing teams to pieces.

Fucking fed up how pathetic we are. Nothing about being a drama queen. Being a realist. Others like you can keep sticking their head in the sand pretending everything is great.

Just put me on ignore then instead of hanging on my posts.

You're only a fan when we're smashing teams, when we lose you want to jack it in. You spoilt child.

The lad looks to have got fit.

Give him a fucking chance. Yes he has been fucked by injury but both for big long term ones. I'd be far more concerned if he was getting multiple muscle injuries than two freak knee injuries. Give him a go before writing him off.

That run he made across the keeper when he tried to get a little flick header was better than we have seen from Sturridge all season.

Agree with your first paragraph, and most likely outcome if he stays fit over time is that we at some stage get some decent money for him.

Second paragraph is spot on. TAA put in a similar, but better, cross against Burnley and none of our attackers moved.

I'll just stop, you're right. The stats tell the whole story, we'll obviously finish top 2 or 3, stats say so.

Henderson has good stats as well. And Mignolet.

Stats never tell the whole story, and we have been inefficient in our last games.

But honestly I would think more or less everyone would agree that our defensive weakness is a far bigger issue?

If you want to really dig down and consider why we have a problem scoring goals, you need only look at how 3 of our strikers fare when compared other English strikers in the division.

I don't think I'm being harsh here when I put them in order.

1. Kane
  2. Vardy
  3. Rashford
  4. Welbeck
  5. Abraham
  6. Walcott
  7. Austin
  8. Rooney
  9. Wilson
  10. Deeney
  11. Grey
  12. Carroll
  13. Gayle
  14. Defoe
  15. Rodriguez
  16. Sturridge
  17. Calvert-Lewin
  18. Solanke
  19. Ings
  20. Crouch
  21. Berahino
  22. Baldock
  23. Akpom
  24. Murray
  25. Wickham

Danny Welbeck 4th - 253 games - 57 goals

Daniel Sturridge 16th - 261 games - 99 goals

• Upvote 1

In fairness to Klopp and our goalscoring, we're just lacking that wee bit of one of the best attackers in Europe being available due to him booting a goalkeeper in the face in a non-aggressive way.

The scoring will sort itself out. I'm not so sure about the conceding, though I'm not arsed once we're winning games.

Not many big name scorers scored more goals away from home than they did at home, but some include:

Giggs - 60 out of 109

Adebayor - 50 out of 97

Kane - 42 out of 80

Bellamy - 41 out of 79

Agbonlahor - 40 out of 73

Beckham - 36 out of 62

Benteke - 34 out of 66

Ekoku - 33 out of 52

Dzeko - 32 out of 50

Yaya - 31 out of 60