You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football 2016/17.

Trumo

Big blow for Spurs. He's a great player.

About Mick McCarthy, I was on a stag in Dublin a few weeks before the 2002 world cup with about 30 other Scouse lads. We saw him at Dublin airport and ended up having a good laugh with him. He was over for some commercial event of some sort, but we asked him if he wanted to come on the ale with us.

He told us to meet him at some little bar at about 7 that evening in the city centre and said he'd have a few drinks with us. We never thought he'd show, but he was there and he hit a few bars with us. A proper good fella who paid for drinks for everyone and wouldn't let any of us pay for anything. He even joined us in a rendition of YNWA, though he did sing a bluenose song for the less cultured ones in our group.

I always liked him and thought he was a really decent manager at Championship level. Hope he keeps his job down there.

• Upvote 5

Big blow for Spurs. He's a great player.

About Mick McCarthy, I was on a stag in Dublin a few weeks before the 2002 world cup with about 30 other Scouse lads. We saw him at Dublin airport and ended up having a good laugh with him. He was over for some commercial event of some sort, but we asked him if he wanted to come on the ale with us.

He told us to meet him at some little bar at about 7 that evening in the city centre and said he'd have a few drinks with us. We never thought he'd show, but he was there and he hit a few bars with us. A proper good fella who paid for drinks for everyone and wouldn't let any of us pay for anything. He even joined us in a rendition of YNWA, though he did sing a bluenose song for the less cultured ones in our group.

I always liked him and thought he was a really decent manager at Championship level. Hope he keeps his job down there.

Sure it wasn't the Celtic version of "grand old team?"
  • Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Disappointed the Merseyside Billionaires didn't blow everyone out of the water and buy him.

Surely they are Billionaires?

Edit: Bollocks, did you change that? I'm sure you had put in Millionaires. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Senegal 2-0 up now, we could end up missing him for a longer period than I had hoped for. 

Mane's goal was a tap in. Their second goal was a great free kick from Saivet. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Can see them winning the whole thing. Good side they have with Mane and Keita in front and the likes of Koulibaly, Gueye and Kouyate behind.

That Saivet is playing in the hole behind Diouf, Mane right and Keita left. Didn't Saivet have a short spell at Newcastle? 

Guest Pistonbroke

Yep, that's him. Was signed last January but barely played for them.

He hasn't hit any heights for new club St Etienne either, cracking free kick to score tonight though. 

Just checked, he's normally a central defensive midfielder, Senegal are playing him further forward by the looks of it.