You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Garth Crooks Wisdom Thread

3 Stacks

• 2 weeks later...

However, losing 5-1 is no fun, especially when Reds manager Jurgen Klopp is fist-pumping every goal and celebrating with his staff like it's the final of the Champions League. I understand the importance of winning, but this was Brighton. What I do take exception to is any manager being kept waiting to shake hands once a game has finished, while his opposite number finishes hugging and kissing his players and staff in celebration of their victory. I sense this was exactly what happened after the final whistle, and why Chris Hughton tore a strip off Klopp immediately after the game and quite rightly.

What is happening to the traditions of this great game? Has winning and money destroyed everything we hold dear? The convention is we shake hands immediately after a game because it brings closure to the occasion, and it starts with the managers. The game's conventions are bigger than any manager or player, and if either can't be bothered to perform the duty, I suggest they find another profession that can afford their bad manners.

He's such a weirdo.

However, losing 5-1 is no fun, especially when Reds manager Jurgen Klopp is fist-pumping every goal and celebrating with his staff like it's the final of the Champions League. I understand the importance of winning, but this was Brighton. What I do take exception to is any manager being kept waiting to shake hands once a game has finished, while his opposite number finishes hugging and kissing his players and staff in celebration of their victory. I sense this was exactly what happened after the final whistle, and why Chris Hughton tore a strip off Klopp immediately after the game and quite rightly.

What is happening to the traditions of this great game? Has winning and money destroyed everything we hold dear? The convention is we shake hands immediately after a game because it brings closure to the occasion, and it starts with the managers. The game's conventions are bigger than any manager or player, and if either can't be bothered to perform the duty, I suggest they find another profession that can afford their bad manners.

He's such a weirdo.

he's a xenophobic prick.

He's such a weirdo.

Hahahahah seriously? Crooks' bellendary hits new heights. What a prick.

We've all sat next to a Garth on a plane or train, initially you think they're harmless, then a bit eccentric, then they piss in a cup a drink it in front of you, after offering you some.

Then the carer who bought a seat away from their charge has to come and takeover.

You end up a bit freaked out and can't get the piss stench out your nostrils.

Might just be me like.