You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

I think he looks good in an Ajax kit. Good luck to him. Some of the stick he gets on here is out of order considering he lifted almost every trophy for the club as captain. Sevilla you fucking cunts. 

• Upvote 2

Oh dear, poor Jordy, the wheels have fallen off his bicycle.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jordan-henderson-ajax-henderson-ettifaq-32100634.amp

Former boss Steven Gerrard has already hinted that his side are better off without Henderson after concluding their transfer business. He said: "We've tried to look for certain upgrades that are going to be ready to contribute, to push foreign players for starting spots. The squad, in my opinion, is looking stronger and healthier than it did before."

Even as someone who thinks that he contributed significantly during many of the Klopp years, his departure has significantly improved us. 

I also think Jurgen had a slight blind spot with him and that he would have featured a fair bit this season, so the Saudi move was an absolute godsend. 

At this stage of his career, every one of our senior midfielders is a better option than him, whether they’re a 6 or an 8 or somewhere in between.

What a shambolic way for him to end his own Liverpool career, though. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Ah, he must just be vice captain then. Good.

Jordan Henderson's first appearance as Ajax captain did not go to plan

Bergwijn is out injured but I think Steven Berghuis is going to be the stand in. 

Daily Mail seems to reckon Henderson but they are twats. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I've never seen such an obsession with one of the most successful captains of the club,whether you liked him or not it's a fact. If you thought he was shit then Klopp disagreed and thank god he did. He's been,gone and it's over. Move on FFS.

Thank god he moved on.

19 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

What a shambolic way for him to end his own Liverpool career

Him and Milner both - difference is he fucked his up and Big Games James got shafted.

How did Milner get shafted? He left with dignity.