You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

The con that pricks like him play on the general public is incredible. Vocal backer of Brexit, fucks off to Monaco, pretends he's going to build his new car in Britain and then fucks it off to Germany. You're right, the cunt shouldn't be allowed back in but instead he'll be lauded because that's how this chumocracy works in Britain. They say one thing, do another, and somehow we're the cunts for pointing it out. Fed up with it all.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

The con that pricks like him play on the general public is incredible. Vocal backer of Brexit, fucks off to Monaco, pretends he's going to build his new car in Britain and then fucks it off to Germany. You're right, the cunt shouldn't be allowed back in but instead he'll be lauded because that's how this chumocracy works in Britain. They say one thing, do another, and somehow we're the cunts for pointing it out. Fed up with it all.

They’ll come crawling back once we’ve stripped workers of rights and safe conditions of Labour.

Wait until they find out about the Brexit bonus of race to the bottom wages, they’ll be a clamber not seen on our shores since the Norman conquest.

They also have the bones to pick over of all the businesses that have gone bust, they’ll pick them up for nothing, buying against the pound, and will be able to build them back up through the above. Wait for the essential and public service sell off, they’ll literally be given the infrastructure for pennies if they’re brave enough to have had faith in Brexitania.

All that and they’ll be able to funnel their ill gotten gains through our newly deregulated financial structures making sure non of this is taxed whilst the claim corporate welfare from the state to pay their, fellow Brexiteers, shareholders dividends.

It’s all too glorious to not want a piece of.

It really is looking like the sunlit uplands are upon them

Cunts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Ineos had previously stated they were going to build their cars in Wales. Unfortunately it’s cheaper to do it in Germany...who’d have thought it. Jim Ratcliffe, the huge Brexit supporter, finds out supply chain impacts of Brexit are true, so fucks the U.K. off. 

https://twitter.com/ineosgrenadier/status/1336320175289769984?s=21

Well, spank my ass and call me Charlie!  Who could have seen stuff like this happening?

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It's not really strange, is it, given the people who are driving Brexit.

Thatcher was wrong then and she would be wrong now, as she was wrong about everything she believed in. Atlee, Benn, Foot and Bevan were right then as they would be right now.

The eu is a capitalist super state, was then is now. It's the reason Thatcher never once tried to leave it despite having the mandate.

You make a valid point on the people who are driving brexit as these people offer the same tenuous parallels to a future outside the eu as the people who use moderm day Russia as a vindication to disown communism, ie sabotage by people at top to make a fortune at the expense of people at the bottom. All very depressing.

19 hours ago, RedKnight said:

Have a read of this - it'll cheer you right up like it did me. Some people are so entrenched in their views they'll literally gouge out their eyes and chop their ears off to avoid confronting all the evidence that is stacking up in front of them:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/09/tory-leigh-still-unconvinced-by-labour

Corbyn isn't patriotic enough, but Johnson and his cronies dishing out billions of pounds of taxpayer cash to mates is flag-wavingly British. Accountability only applies to one side, and it flows in completely the wrong fucking direction.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Manny said:

Have a read of this - it'll cheer you right up like it did me. Some people are so entrenched in their views they'll literally gouge out their eyes and chop their ears off to avoid confronting all the evidence that is stacking up in front of them:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/09/tory-leigh-still-unconvinced-by-labour

Corbyn isn't patriotic enough, but Johnson and his cronies dishing out billions of pounds of taxpayer cash to mates is flag-wavingly British. Accountability only applies to one side, and it flows in completely the wrong fucking direction.

I was just reading that before, incredibly depressing. After the last 12 months- never mind the last 4 decades- if people haven't figured out that the Tories are fucking shit for everyone but the very richest, there really is no hope. There's also the depressing subtext that 'Labour don't care about people like me', apparently because they give a shit about 'cultural issues' (i.e. not being a cunt to minorities or vulnerable groups). And yet it's so obvious that the Tories not only don't care but actively despise 'people like me' and will gladly be cunts to anyone if it thinks it'll give them an advantage.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Manny said:

Its all about Perception.

I've said this before, but if its Johnson vs Starmer at the next election, Starmer has no chance. Brexit supporters will not go back to Labour under Starmer. 

The problem the tories have now is that if they stab Johnson in the back, they will lose a lot of that support. 

Just now, MegadriveMan said:

Its all about Perception.

I've said this before, but if its Johnson vs Starrmer at the next election, Starmer has no chance. Brexit supporters will not go back to Labour under Starmer. 

The problem the tories have now is that if they stab Johnson in the back, they will lose a lot of that support. 

Lots of the red wall voters are already saying they’d switch back to Starmer. Also, Brexit is going to pinch hard soon. Don’t underestimate what a little ‘told you so’ will do. 

14 minutes ago, Numero said:

Lots of the red wall voters are already saying they’d switch back to Starmer. Also, Brexit is going to pinch hard soon. Don’t underestimate what a little ‘told you so’ will do. 

The Tories have completely defined themselves through the culture war and I'm unconvinced that this is a vote that's worth chasing because this kind of politics appeals to a particular demographic. I've said a few times that they're deliberately chasing the permanently outraged (not that I'm belittling the fact that some of these have good reason for their disillusionment) and that it'll ultimately end up costing them because it's impossible to placate this group: Brexit won't solve their issues and it never would, they'll need to find something else for them to define themselves in opposition to in order to keep the wool pulled over these eyes.

I still feel Labour have to define themselves as a party beyond this - I'm still not sure how to do it, but I think it's possible to build a consensus of voters who are sick and tired of this culture war shit and simply want to see the country rebuilt. Once Brexit bites and all the sovereignty stuff starts to ring hollow I don't think that those who love the culture war would come crawling back, but hopefully enough of them are disillusioned and disengaged enough for a Labour victory to be possible.

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

The Red Wall are going to be the most affected by No Deal which should be confirmed tomorrow. Going to be quite the thing seeing how they'll blame Labour for this.

Labour and the EU will be blamed, obviously.

Despite having an oven ready deal a year ago, the nasty EU are not giving us a deal now, EU cunts.

The Remoaners who voted down previous bills and were always against the country have emboldened the EU, Remoaner Labour cunts. 

11 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Despite having an oven ready deal a year ago, the nasty EU are not giving us a deal now, EU cunts.

The Remoaners who voted down previous bills and were always against the country have emboldened the EU, Remoaner Labour cunts. 

Owen Jones genuinely wrote that article the other day.

‘it’s all hard-remainders that are to blame’

Fuck you, Owen Jones, fuck you.

28 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Fuck you, Owen Jones, fuck you.

I’m willing to take the blame. Not the ones who voted for it, lied about it, or negotiated it, but me, who did none of that. I’m a cunt. Sorry for putting you all through this shit. 

12 minutes ago, Numero said:

I’m willing to take the blame. Not the ones who voted for it, lied about it, or negotiated it, but me, who did none of that. I’m a cunt. Sorry for putting you all through this shit. 

It was madness, not that I expect you to read that crap, but did you?

If not it’s here https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/dec/07/remainers-britain-soft-brexit

It so fucking stupid it’s worth reading just for the new found disgust you find with his writing, He blames everybody on the left, but genuinely exonerates himself and absolves himself.

Baffling stupidity and arrogance.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Iain Dunked-Inshit was chatting this kind of shit on the radio earlier on so you're probably right!

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The EU is not a "superstate".

You undermine your own points with stuff that's just false.

The eu is capitalist. I notice you has no crib about that. No point splitting hairs about the hill Thatcher, Benn, Atlee, Foot chose to die on, or do you need a littoe history reminder about that? I seem to remember you being the poster who denied their was a  Labour manifesto pledge to take us out of the eu in the first term of parliament if their was a labour government in the early eighties.

I'll try to dig out the manifesto for you again if you're still unsure Angry or to save bother let's repeat. Thatcher; pro eu;   .Foot, Benn, Atlee, Bevan ; anti eu. Make of that what you will.

10 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The article doesn't say that; in fact, it says the opposite.   But it does say (with hindsight - and absolutely correctly) that Remainers and the Labour Party got a lot of stuff wrong over the last 4 years.  Hard to argue with that.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Gnasher said:

The eu is capitalist. I notice you has no crib about that. No point splitting hairs about the hill Thatcher, Benn, Atlee, Foot chose to die on, or do you need a littoe history reminder about that? I seem to remember you being the poster who denied their was a  Labour manifesto pledge to take us out of the eu in the first term of parliament if their was a labour government in the early eighties.

I'll try to dig out the manifesto for you again if you're still unsure Angry or to save bother let's repeat. Thatcher; pro eu;   .Foot, Benn, Atlee, Bevan ; anti eu. Make of that what you will.

The EU is a partnership of Capitalist states; that is true.  

I think you’re misremembering who said what about a manifesto from nearly 40 years ago. I genuinely don't care what it did or didn't say, because it's not relevant. 

Stronts recently wrongly accused Stig of the  logical fallacy of judging an argument not on its own merit, but on who it is who makes it.  Your last paragraph is a good example of that fallacy.   Just because Hitler was a vegetarian, doesn't mean vegetarianism is wrong.

21 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The article doesn't say that; in fact, it says the opposite.   But it does say (with hindsight - and absolutely correctly) that Remainers and the Labour Party got a lot of stuff wrong over the last 4 years.  Hard to argue with that.

It literally says it in the subheading...

46542B85-C336-4C8D-AE36-E7408F3643C1.png

‘Both the intransigence of prominent leavers and the refusal of leading remainers to accept a compromise succeeded in polarising the electorate. By the European elections, Labour was out of any good options, and Corbyn and his key parliamentary allies believed there was no choice but to back a new referendum. They were right: the Labour membership wanted one, and Corbyn’s political project was founded on accepting they were sovereign, and remain voters had defected en masse to the Liberal Democrats and Greens. The remain movement had succeeded in its aim – forcing the Labour party to accept its central demand – but at a huge cost to Corbyn: the leader was left looking like an unprincipled zigzagger, contributing to the collapse in his personal ratings. Labour lost the election partly because of the errors of its leaders; but those prominent remainers share a considerable amount of the blame.’

Edit: Now I’ve had to read that shite again, Angry and now I’m, er, angry. I’ve not even had a coffee yet and the days already fucked. Cheers.

11 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It doesn't say (as you claimed) Scooby's "Remoaners were always against the country and have emboldened the EU" nor does it say (as you claimed) "it's all hard Remainers to blame".

It literally says the opposite. 

20201210_072655.png

The article tells the left to take a long hard look at its self and is, in part, to blame, and other self aggrandising fucking nonsense as always from that chimp. 

You ok with that, because I sure as shit ain’t?

More moral gymnastics to show ‘I had more foresight than you’ bollocks.

Maybe I paraphrased, but the central argument is still ‘you, remainers, fucked up and you’re to blame for this sorry fucking mess, but not me, I’m better than that and saw it all coming ‘cause I’m so fucking clever and lefty an’ tha’’

Anyway, I’m getting a coffee, enjoy the day.