You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

I don't think we'll sign a CB unless we sell Lovren

Sell. shoot, stick him in the reserves, do whatever it takes to get rid of the brainless buffon.  We've two centre backs that can be relied on (Skrtel & Sakho) and one of those is made of biscuits.

Despite having one of the most expensive defensive set ups about, it's a position that badly needs looked at again.

Striker, defensive midfielder, centre back and left back still needed.

If we keep Tiago Ilori (like we should) i don't think we need another centre back mate, he is looking like a great prospect.

Who would people go for out of Bacca, Benteke and Rondon if those were the only 3 targets?

For me i would chose Benteke, he is 24 and knows the league and can already score here. Bacca is 29 and seems like one of those players that uses so much energy and runs so hard that his body could be fucked in a couple of years time. Rondon i know nothing about.

What about CM/DM? Illaramndi would be nice, i think we need a passer in with Milner/Can/henderson

Left back? I would much rather we spend big on CM and striker so if we got this Lucas Digne i would be very happy with the entire recruitment this summer.

I still feel like we wont get all 3 in though

I would go for Rondon if I had to choose between him, Bacca and Benteke.

I'm not totally sold on Bacca, and I think I'd rather wait and see how we go with Ings, Origi and Sturridge being used as a number 9, and Balotelli even.

But Rondon looks interesting in terms of age, athleticism, goal record. Wouldn't pay over £15m for him though.

By the way, speaking about Bacca, he obviously came from Brugge who seem to have a backdoor to some real striking talent. Their replacement for Bacca at the moment is this lad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsjjRPANarA

We might actually have a decent team next season.

------------------Mignolet

Clyne----Skrtel------Sakho-----Flanno

-----------------Can-------------------

--------Hendo---------Kovacic

-----Milner----Firmino-----Coutinho

Bench: Bogdan, Toure, Moreno, Allen, Ings, Sturridge, Ibe

Sell: Lallana, Lovren, Enrique, Coates, Alberto, Manquillo, Balotelli, Lambert, Borini, Wisdom

Loan: Ilori, Markovic, Gomez,

We will still be pants next season. Firmino isn't going to transform anything, we've already got a younger Milner in Henderson and Clyne is no better than the 3 rightbacks we already have. This wholesale splashing of cash is nothing different from last summer especially when we haven't addressed centre midfield and Rodgers is in charge with a YTS coach to flip triangles with. Underwhelming to say the least.

Clyne is considerably better then any rb at the club, no one is saying Firmino will transform anything and you are either overrating Henderson or under rating Milner.

We are quite a bit stronger already having spent hardly anything in terms of net spend, I don't understand how any lfc fan can not be positive about what's been done so far.

• Upvote 2

I just hope Rodgers knows whats going on, he gets back from holiday and its a case of " ahh hello Brendan.. boy have we been busy".  

I'm happy the club is actually aiming for good players and more importantly getting it done, I just hope there is some kind of plan for on the pitch and players will be used where they are more likely to shine. The pressure is on this season Rodgers needs to show that he isn't just a flash in the pan.

Clyne is considerably better then any rb at the club, no one is saying Firmino will transform anything and you are either overrating Henderson or under rating Milner.

We are quite a bit stronger already having spent hardly anything in terms of net spend, I don't understand how any lfc fan can not be positive about what's been done so far.

Yeah it's been about replacements so far Johnson, Gerrard, Sterling. Crunch time is buying players better than the crud we have in positions where we have been wasting money for 5 transfer windows.

• Upvote 1

From Sky:

Liverpool are also favourites to sign Inter Milan midfielder Mateo Kovacic and Zenit forward Salomon Rondon

"So head on over to Skybet and make yourselves lots of money!"

Yeah, from the bottom up on the reliability ladder it goes Sky Sports, the Express, Caughtoffside etc, ITK's then Press Association

I just hope Rodgers knows whats going on, he gets back from holiday and its a case of " ahh hello Brendan.. boy have we been busy".

I'm happy the club is actually aiming for good players and more importantly getting it done, I just hope there is some kind of plan for on the pitch and players will be used where they are more likely to shine. The pressure is on this season Rodgers needs to show that he isn't just a flash in the pan.

Agree and disagree here.

I think the sort of players we're collecting are excellent, and the gauntlet is thrown down to Rodgers to find a way to make it work. Like Ronaldinho said the other day, if you can't score goals with Coutinho and Firmino in your side then there's something wrong.

I think FSG are bringing the horse to water and it's upto Rodgers to make it drink. If he can't do it, then there'll be a line of manager queuing up to take over a side containing:

Mignolet

Sakho

Skrtel

Illori

Clyne

Moreno

Milner

Henderson

Kovacic

Coutinho

Firmino

Markovic

Ibe

Origi

Sturridge

Ings

Bacca

And then an undercurrent of top quality players almost ready to come through in Gomez (19), Rossiter (19), Chrivella (19), Wilson (19), Canos (19), Ojo (19), Sinclair (19), Jones (20). In fact, I'll put their ages come the start of next season in brackets next to them.

I get the impression that Mike Gordon and an advisor are making these purchases using Ian Ayre, and that the transfer committee is gone, and so is Rodgers' input this Summer.

• Downvote 1

With this many players being signed who, like last season, all look decent additions, it will certainly test him to the full.

I hope he rises above the obvious media agenda in the opening press conference when they imply they werent his signings, which they will. Sometimes he goes too far in trying to explain and justify himself to that pack of rats.

He'd better off taking a leaf out of Mourinho, Ferguson etc- soon as one starts that crap shoot him down