You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where Will We Finish?

Pureblood

Where, but where?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Whereth doth LFC finnisheth?

Depends on getting Sturridge fit and buying two quality players in January to instantly improve the team as we did a few years ago when we bought Courtinio & Sturridge. So its looking bleak. However on the off chance the rabbits are pulled out of the hat, top half could become an oyster.

Does anyone currently see 3 worse teams than us in the division?

God there's been some negatively on this forum recently but this post takes a nutmeg of negative to a whole new level.

Three teams worse than us? Get a grip of yourself man! There's Burnley for a start, we'd do them, then there's... erm.. oh fuck I'm struggling a bit now.

We probably need 56 pts minimum from our remaining 27 games to finish 4th. That looks like a big ask. If we can get to 32 after 19 I would think we could do it. That is 18 from the next 8 and right now that looks unlikely. I fear we will fall short of that and have too much to do in the 2nd half of the season. 6th would be my guess.

We probably need 56 pts minimum from our remaining 27 games to finish 4th. That looks like a big ask. If we can get to 32 after 19 I would think we could do it. That is 18 from the next 8 and right now that looks unlikely. I fear we will fall short of that and have too much to do in the 2nd half of the season. 6th would be my guess.

Exactly how I see it. 

We'll rally at some point and put together a decent run. We always do. But it'll be too late. 

Guest davelfc

Depends if Sturridge spends a lot of time injured, plus what we do in January. Everyone is waiting for it to 'click' but the longer it takes, the more points we drop and the further behind we fall.

A fully fit Sturridge banging in the goals for the rest of the season just might see us get 4th, might! It's not looking good at the moment though.

I've got genuinely no idea. It's certainly conceivable (although highly unlikely) that we could finish as high as 3rd, but I think we could sink as low as 8th. Sturridge's fitness holds the key to our entire season, in my view.

4th. For no other reason than the league is full of average sides apart from the cockney cunts.

2nd,3rd and 4th are all there to play for. We need to step up very soon though 

Massive set of fixtures after the break until Xmas. We could have only the FA cup to look forward to come Jan. Cue utter fucking mayhem when Bury knock us out.

Anything between 3rd and 6th is possible. We've got too much quality to be overtaken by Spurs and Everton. I still firmly believe we'll finish above the Mancs, as they are even worse than us. Southampton will tail off, but if it gets to 12-15 pts before they do so, we'll face an uphill battle to catch them. Arsenal aren't much better than us either, so it all depends on who puts together a winning run first. Agree with Paul about Sturridge, keep him (relatively speaking) fit and we'll get 4th I think, which is what I've voted.

• Upvote 1

Can't realistically vote this side of the January window because that could have a huge impact or none whatsoever depending what (if anything) we do in it.

If the squad stays the same as it is now, I'd say 6th.  That's based on Chelsea, City and Arsenal definitely being above us, my suspicion that the mancs are going to improve as the season goes on (the only thing that I can see screwing them is Rojo's injury but I expect them to sign another CB in January) and the fact that I really don't see the wheels coming off Southampton's season in any major way.  Not sure I'd have them top four but I can definitely see them hanging on in fifth.  It's also a best estimate - a couple of places below that wouldn't shock me at all.

It's all guesswork though, the transfer window is key.