You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mario Balotelli

WhiskeyJar

He's still going to win the Ballon D'Or, dontchaknow?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37318761

Nice striker Mario Balotelli says joining Liverpool was the "worst decision of my life".

The Italian scored four goals in 28 appearances for the Reds after arriving for £16m from AC Milan in 2014.

He managed one goal in 20 Serie A games on loan at Milan last season beforea free transfer to Nice this summer.

"Apart from the fans, who were fantastic, and some players who I got on really well with, I didn't like the club," Balotelli told Canal Plus.

The 26-year-old was speaking before scoring twice on his Nice debut in the 3-2 Ligue 1 win over Marseille on Sunday.

Brendan Rodgers, who signed Balotelli, was sacked as Liverpool manager in October 2015, with Jurgen Klopp taking over.

"I had two coaches, with Rodgers and Klopp for a short time, but neither their methods nor their personality left me with a good impression," he said.

"I never really felt right there."

'I can still win the Ballon d'Or'

In an interview with former France, Leeds and Roma midfielder Olivier Dacourt, Balotelli was asked if he still thought about winning the Ballon d'Or.

"Of course. It's not too late," he said. "I think I could have already won it by now, but by working hard in training I could still win it in the next two or three years."

In Sunday's home game, Balotelli was goaded by Marseille's Bafetimbi Gomis as he prepared to take a penalty, but kept his cool to score the opener.

Florian Thauvin, on loan from Newcastle, equalised before ex-Swansea striker Gomis put Marseille in front from the spot.

Balotelli headed home before Wylan Cyprien's long-range winner.

Victory lifted Nice into second in the table, behind leaders Monaco on goal difference, with champions Paris St-Germain in seventh.

Why does anyone seriously give a fuck what he does elsewhere. He should never have been bought by :Liverpool , he did nothing but prove an embarrassment to the club and now he's gone .He can score in every game for Nice and I'll couldn't care less about him now he finally been moved off our books,    

Not really. He played 20 times for Milan while on loan, he scored once.

He made 28 appearances for us, scoring four goals.

He's found his level.

You make it sound like the French league is on a par with the Scottish league.

He scored 20 in 54 league appearances for Man City, so somewhat counterfactual to suppose that he cannot thrive in the Premier League.

Similarly, before we signed him, he scored 26 in 43 appearances for Milan. A little unfair to ignore those stats in favour of the 1 in 20 scored during an unhappy loan spell.

Obviously he's the kind of player who needs something more in the way of motivation than most. I shan't lay all the blame on the player for Rodgers' failure on that score.

• Upvote 1

He scored 20 in 54 league appearances for Man City, so somewhat counterfactual to suppose that he cannot thrive in the Premier League.

Similarly, before we signed him, he scored 26 in 43 appearances for Milan. A little unfair to ignore those stats in favour of the 1 in 20 scored during an unhappy loan spell.

Obviously he's the kind of player who needs something more in the way of motivation than most. I shan't lay all the blame on the player for Rodgers' failure on that score.

An accurate, and good, post, in full. comma.

That'll be the failure of Rodgers, Klopp and whoever was Milan manager during his shit spell.

I'm inclined to lay a fair chunk of the blame on the player.

I don't particularly want to post it here but The Mirror are running the 'story' of El-Hajdi Diouf blaming Steven Gerrard for Balotelli failing at Liverpool.

But this quote is from L'Equipe of Diouf...

Diouf told L’Equipe: “I told him not to go to Liverpool. It wasn't made for him, that things couldn't go well with Gerrard, who has never had his talent and then said negative things about him.

“Gerrard is a jealous man who doesn't like men of character. Mario is a good person that you should listen to. He's not a guy who's going to cause problems in the dressing room.

“There are a lot of things that have been made up about [balotelli]. People tell tales about him, but they're often a load of rubbish.”

The mind boggles. 

Edit: This may be a great way to send this thread to the group of 'Closed' threads, as Diouf and Balotelli have been linked together in the best way possible.