You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loic Remy

WhiskeyJar

Best bit of transfer news of the entire window, for me.

We haven't signed the poor man's Darren Bent.

Instead we signed Lambert, who is older, worse and doesn't suit the way we play.

Yippee!

Instead we signed Lambert, who is older, worse and doesn't suit the way we play.

Yippee!

It's not "instead", is it?

They aren't the only two options. It isn't a Lambert v Remy.

Lambert is back up. Hopefully now, especially as we haven't wasted money on Remy, we can actually buy a really good footballer.

It's not "instead", is it?

They aren't the only two options. It isn't a Lambert v Remy.

Lambert is back up. Hopefully now, especially as we haven't wasted money on Remy, we can actually buy a really good footballer.

When I say instead, he's our only other striking option at the moment, unless we count Borini - who isn't good enough.

Remy would have been perfect and suited the way we play.  Lambert doesn't suit the way we play.  Borini is cack.  

The club need to pull something out of the bag.

106 goals in 197 games for southampton isn't bad mate. 

I prefer lambert. 

Fuck Remy 

He's a good finisher.  But pace and mobility - the two kep reasons why we were destroying teams last season with the movement of Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling - he does not fit into that style.  I was not happy with his signing, unless he is very much back up.

Remy suited the way we play, had the pace, skill and movement.  

Time for us to spend some money and get the right player who improve us and that doesn't mean another lump like Bony, who also won't suit the way we play.  

• Upvote 2

When I say instead, he's our only other striking option at the moment, unless we count Borini - who isn't good enough.

Remy would have been perfect and suited the way we play.  Lambert doesn't suit the way we play.  Borini is cack.  

The club need to pull something out of the bag.

He's a good finisher.  But pace and mobility - the two kep reasons why we were destroying teams last season with the movement of Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling - he does not fit into that style.  I was not happy with his signing, unless he is very much back up.

Remy suited the way we play, had the pace, skill and movement.  

Time for us to spend some money and get the right player who improve us and that doesn't mean another lump like Bony, who also won't suit the way we play.  

You are assuming we would only have one way of playing.  In other words, you are assuming we would retain the lack of options that was our downfall last season.  I'm sure we will buy another attacking player, but for the avoidance of doubt, Lambert wasn't bought as a like-for-like replacement of Sturridge, Suarez or Sterling.  

Disappointed for Rodgers, but obviously if the medical team aren't happy with something, I think we should defer to their judgement.

well he failed 4 medicals in his career and there's no chance people at the club were not aware of that yet we offered him 5 year contract and no. 7 shirt. Jesus wept, I wonder if there's any plan at all

Disappointed for Rodgers, but obviously if the medical team aren't happy with something, I think we should defer to their judgement.

The same medical team who rubber stamped deals for Aquilani and Carroll for upwards of £50m lets not forget.

I'll stop well short of saying they are to be fully trusted.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

well he failed 4 medicals in his career and there's no chance people at the club were not aware of that yet we offered him 5 year contract and no. 7 shirt. Jesus wept, I wonder if there's any plan at all

They offered him those things subject to a medical.

But clearly we didn't, did we?  He's not getting a contract, and he's not getting the number 7 shirt.  Jesus wept indeed.  Hysterical.

• Upvote 3