You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

IF Suarez leaves, who do we spend the money on?

Also, last summer he was in the middle of a ban and at team that had missed out on European football by finishing a mediocre 7th and was a national pariah.  Now he's enjoying his football, scoring for fun (literally) playing for the country's most exciting team heading into the Champions League with a squad that is being reinforced in exciting ways and he's the darling of the (fickle as fuck) football media.  He's enjoying his football and feeling the love from the club and the fans and next season looks brighter.

Basically, last summer the "reasons to stay" column was a lot shorter than it is this year.

I'm not saying "He loves us so he'll stay forever" - but I'm not buying this assumption that he's keen to fuck off elsewhere at the drop of a hat.

Ah. those were the days.

James Rodriguez and Alexis Sanchez.

Yep, that's the calibre we should be going for.

If we can get Sanchez from Barca as part of the deal if Suarez does go that would be great.

Doubt we could get Rodriguez.  I'd take Shaqiri.  Muller would probably be impossible too but also good.

Don't think we need a target man or number 9.  Someone who can play upfront but also out wide like Suarez and those guys mentioned would be ideal.

• Upvote 1

My first signing would be the striker scout from Atletico Madrid.

That's a great shout. 

Torres, Aguero, Forlan, Falcao, Costa ... it's a bit of an unbelievable run they're on, isn't it?  Rumoured to be in for Jackson Martinez as well, suppose he'll be next on that list.

That's a great shout.

Torres, Aguero, Forlan, Falcao, Costa ... it's a bit of an unbelievable run they're on, isn't it? Rumoured to be in for Jackson Martinez as well, suppose he'll be next on that list.

I'll get the Dortmund scouts too.

The level were currently at as a club means that by the time a player is playing well for Dortmund, or Atletico then that ship has probably sailed. It's far easier a level higher as a club to be identifying Rodriguez, Rakitic, Reus etc., we all could do that. It's also the reason why our best player has a screw loose, otherwise he'd have gone to a champions league club. I think Griezmann would come, we could pay him handsomely and pop him straight into the champions league, young and plenty of potential.

Direct replacement for Gerrard.

BS going mad and exploding with bile

Just offering them £40 mill would seriously affect a lot of them and would they turn it down?

Bill would sell in a heartbeat if we offered £40m, no way such a small club could turn that down.