You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

IF Suarez leaves, who do we spend the money on?

Heads out of the sand, Real are going to go after a big striker this summer. They're lukewarm about Benzema, Carroll has already said he doesn't like foreign food, and they've always fancied Suarez and Aguero. Obviously everyone hopes he stays but would anyone really be surprised if he packed his bags and leaves behind a wad of spending money and an empty number seven shirt that Aspas doesn't yet look up to filling. Potentially we'll have huge wages to offer and the best part of £80m to spend, but who is attainable?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Heads out of the sand, Real are going to go after a big striker this summer. They're lukewarm about Benzema, Carroll has already said he doesn't like foreign food, and they've always fancied Suarez and Aguero. Obviously everyone hopes he stays but would anyone really be surprised if he packed his bags and leaves behind a wad of spending money and an empty number seven shirt that Aspas doesn't yet look up to filling. Potentially we'll have huge wages to offer and the best part of £80m to spend, but who is attainable?

I saw reports earlier they were foccussing on Aguero now.

Certainly hope so as we couldn't replace Suarez. Levy selling Bale case in point.

IF! Real madrid were to get him id want cash plus player. Any other club would know we had received big cash for him and would hold us to ransom. De Maria, Marcelo and money..... To be spent on fuck knows who up-front

Definately the correct answer from Bjornebye.

£80million in cash is a nice amount to spend but if everyone knows you are loaded, they will add on a wedge. £20m targets are now £25m + and so on.

If he goes, it most probably be Real Madrid, and we will insist on Di Maria, Ronaldo or Bale.

If they don't agree, discussion over.

We are their CL rivals next year, we treat them no different to the way we treated Arsenal last summer.

Quite day at yours OP

Very. Also I think Real will bid for him and he'll want to go. I still think we can turn it down again and he'll stay but if not we are going to struggle finding anyone on a level approaching his. I wondered what everyone's thoughts were on some of those names, Martinez, Falcao, Lavezzi etcetera. Falcao I imagine earns enough to stay where he is.