You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

For All Mankind. 

Two episodes in and it's a bit meh. The constant clapping and 'USA,USA' type dialogue is cringeworthy. 

I am not sure if I've seen a decent Apple TV production yet either.

There's not much on there, but both Severance and Slow Horses are excellent.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Do you need to have seen BB to watch BCS?

You probably could do, but there are a lot of links between the shows and characters that cross between the two. It would be easier to understand the wider context but I think BCS would stand up on its own. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Do you need to have seen BB to watch BCS?

You don't need to but if you haven't I envy you. The opportunity to watch both for the first time is something to be cherished.

Been watching Obi Wan Kenobi.

It’s good, I like it but it lacks some ooommmppphhh.

I think it’s because ultimately we know him and Leia survive relatively unscathed. I do think was smart to leave Luke alone and focus on Leia, leading into Rogue One and Episode IV.

I needs more Darth Vader. He was the one who ramped up the ending of Rogue One. Even though everybody knew they’d steal the Death Star plans, it was still fucking tense as Vader was chopping down everybody in sight to get it back.

Both Obi Wan & Rogue One have done a good job of turning Vader into a badass again after Episode III made him the galaxies biggest pussy.

Given we know Leia & Kenobi survive, I’ll interested to see how it finishes. I think Kenobi is going to get a significant dose of dark side lightening at some point.

On 08/06/2022 at 10:27, Mudface said:

Saw Severance and liked it but tried to watch Slow Horses but thought it looked a bit shit. That was the one that began in an airport and everybody spoke like they'd just graduated from Oxbridge?

45 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Saw Severance and liked it but tried to watch Slow Horses but thought it looked a bit shit. That was the one that began in an airport and everybody spoke like they'd just graduated from Oxbridge?

Give it another try, it's a fantastic black, satirical comedy and Gary Oldman is superb in his role.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yeah it starts like an episode of Spooks but it's basically a parody of that type of thing really. Some of it's really funny. If you didn't get past the opening give it another shot, it gets better.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Narcos: Mexico

Just started season 2, and it's all a bit formulaic. Having every Mexican cop and general corrupt as fuck gives the writers the easiest get out of jail free card. Wow they've caught him, the incorruptible cop isn't going to... no he took a bribe. 

I'm no expert maybe that's quite realistic over there. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I'm no expert maybe that's quite realistic over there. 

Yeah, there's definitely widespread corruption, but there are better ways to depict it. A massive raid, one previously straight cop finding the narco, you know what's going to happen even though it's painfully contrived.

Too many similar instances of poor writing in comparison to Narcos. The DEA try to snatch up a crooked cop, and spend a minute shouting for him to get out of the car, by which time back-up arrives and a gunfight ensues. Post shoot out, they just smash the car window and drag him out.

On 08/06/2022 at 10:27, Mudface said:

I thought the morning show was good, especially season 1. 

I saw the other day as well as season 2 of slow horses already being in the can as it was recorded alongside season 1, on the back of the response to season 1, they've renewed it for seasons 3&4 to be filmed the same way. Apparently there's about 20 books? (I've not read them) and there's some discussion they might try to do most of them. It's be good to get 2 seasons a year though as they're only short. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought the morning show was good, especially season 1. 

I saw the other day as well as season 2 of slow horses already being in the can as it was recorded alongside season 1, on the back of the response to season 1, they've renewed it for seasons 3&4 to be filmed the same way. Apparently there's about 20 books? (I've not read them) and there's some discussion they might try to do most of them. It's be good to get 2 seasons a year though as they're only short. 

Great, nothing worse than having to wait ages between series (which was one of the few downsides of Severance, especially with it ending on a massive cliffhanger).

6 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Yeah it starts like an episode of Spooks but it's basically a parody of that type of thing really. Some of it's really funny. If you didn't get past the opening give it another shot, it gets better.

Ok,I give in. I will give it another try and report back. The problem with Apple stuff so far is it seems a bit too 'family friendly' at present. Maybe this will change?

6 hours ago, Elite said:

The two brothers in Alone season 4 are funny as fuck, one of them is a ringer for Todd from Breaking Bad.

Just been watching the series set in Mongolia, not terrible, but fuck me that cunt Larry really needs gobbing.

Anyway , finished We run this city and ended pretty strongly - solid 7/10

Edited by elvis
  • Upvote 1

Halfway through season 3 of succession and I feel like I’ve watched the pilot episode 26 times. 

Not one character in this show has grown.  It’s the exact same scenario every season and nothing ever changes. The Adrian Brody vanity episode was just a waste of everyone’s time and took the story nowhere. 

If you haven’t watched this yet don’t waste your time. Watch The Boys instead.

• Upvote 1

The staircase 

Thought it was very interesting how in the documentary he comes off as quite sympathetic but much less so in this.

Also focuses a lot more on his wife and kids.still none the wiser of he did it or not.

8/10

Pistol. Starts almost comically awful (those accents)but does actually improve as it goes on.

6/10