You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 10/06/2022 at 09:48, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Narcos: Mexico

Just started season 2, and it's all a bit formulaic. Having every Mexican cop and general corrupt as fuck gives the writers the easiest get out of jail free card. Wow they've caught him, the incorruptible cop isn't going to... no he took a bribe. 

Just finished season 2, and it was far better than the first season. As with all these crime shows, the gangs fighting is the real draw. Loads of decent characters, and plenty of claret.

Still miss Pablo's jumpers though.

On 12/06/2022 at 09:06, Scott_M said:

I acquired Tokyo Vice the other day. A Michael Mann / HBO show based on a true story of a US national who becomes a crime reporter in Tokyo.

I really enjoyed the first episode, unfortunately, subsequent episodes don’t have the subtitles so I need to acquire from elsewhere. 

Had no problem with kodi+fen+opensubtitles (set to auto download English subs if not embedded)

• Upvote 1

On 11/06/2022 at 11:48, clockspeed said:

We own this city very solid 8/10 brilliant performance from actor playing Wayne. 

Only watched the first episode, and just coming here to say the same thing.

An actor I've not been impressed with previously, but that was great.

The story looks good as well. 

5 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Only watched the first episode, and just coming here to say the same thing.

An actor I've not been impressed with previously, but that was great.

The story looks good as well. 

I would assume he will be up for some sort acting award. 

29 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm not going to watch it, but I do enjoy the thought of the anti-Woke warriors shitting themselve about a superhero who is a Pakistani Muslim who uses the title "Ms".

It was just hard to watch, the colourisation was like Wizard of Oz when it flicks into colour.  

Just started watching the midwich cuckoo's, my weekly food shop has a bigger budget. Interesting if not familiar plot. Max Beesley can't act for shit, he was outperformed by a fucking traffic light. I look forward to a US remake which has a big budget and doesn't feel like someone is filming a school play. I'll persist with it because I aint watching much else.

Wild Wild Country - Fascinating Netflix documentary about the followers of Bikram Choudhury an Indian Guru whose followers set up a city in Oregon in the 80's. Really good 8/10

Just watching Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey - Another Netfix about an offshoot of the Mormon church, absolutely shocking. 1 Episode to go - 8/10 so far

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Atlanta series 3. 

So far not as good as the first two series and the first episode was quite bizarre, even though it was most likely allegorical. It has improved by around halfway though.

I started watching the second series and ended up not finishing it. 

It has that weird feeling of being quite clever and well done but then being oddly unentertaining.

Feels like something I should like but just doesn't seem to work 

1 hour ago, Chairman Meow said:

I started watching the second series and ended up not finishing it. 

It has that weird feeling of being quite clever and well done but then being oddly unentertaining.

Feels like something I should like but just doesn't seem to work 

I can see that. This series is very focused on the racial element,but done in a very discreet and intelligent(?)way. It is largely unentertaining though,but things tend to hit you after you've finished watching it though.

The thing is that you could argue that its just been 'Atlanta on Tour' as its been filmed across Europe mostly and not much of it is in the US.

On 13/06/2022 at 22:35, VladimirIlyich said:

It was bizarre,the whole season was in fact. It was like a stand alone series.

It certainly lost.some of its humour, but I'm not sure that was deliberate it was just a little more silly, but I didn't think that worked as well as the earlier seasons. I thought the last episode was cracking though. 

13 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

It certainly lost.some of its humour, but I'm not sure that was deliberate it was just a little more silly, but I didn't think that worked as well as the earlier seasons. I thought the last episode was cracking though. 

It lost all it's humour for me. I couldnt really follow it because I was expecting some funny excerpts but they didn't happen. Then what did happen I thought was completely stupid,from the character's point of view. I expected it to be labelled 'a dream sequence.'

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It lost all it's humour for me. I couldnt really follow it because I was expecting some funny excerpts but they didn't happen. Then what did happen I thought was completely stupid,from the character's point of view. I expected it to be labelled 'a dream sequence.'

Yeah, I get what you mean. They've only for a season to go, so hopefully the last will be back on form and it was written as a 2 season arc. I do think a lot of shows lose it when they do that, they seem to break their formula and the show tails away. 

I've just picked up watching Atlanta again after a few people on here raving about season 3. I stopped watching at the start of season 2, but couldn't remember why. I put it on last night and it came back to me right away. Unless Danny Glover is speaking, I can barely understand a word that is being said. Maybe as I'm getting older, my hearing isn't as good, but I just miss large parts because I only snatch words. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, I get what you mean. They've only for a season to go, so hopefully the last will be back on form and it was written as a 2 season arc. I do think a lot of shows lose it when they do that, they seem to break their formula and the show tails away. 

I've just picked up watching Atlanta again after a few people on here raving about season 3. I stopped watching at the start of season 2, but couldn't remember why. I put it on last night and it came back to me right away. Unless Danny Glover is speaking, I can barely understand a word that is being said. Maybe as I'm getting older, my hearing isn't as good, but I just miss large parts because I only snatch words. 

Danny Glover.

2Q==(4).jpg

Borgem season 4

After a 10 year break bridigette is back looking all milfed up.

Looking at the complexities of the Danish political system,ethics in politics (Johnson wouldn't last 5 seconds in Denmark)and trying to keep world powers happy.

8/10

On 15/06/2022 at 09:47, Elite said:

I'm halfway through We Own This City and it's brilliant. It's had some mixed reviews, fuck knows why.

I thought it was fantastic.

It's not "The Wire" but that's not what they were aiming for anyway with only six hours to tell the story.

It was more like a documentary, for me, with the interviews taking the place of narration, interspersed with the "actual footage" of the events they were talking about.

I'll watch as much of that as they want to make.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

I thought it was fantastic.

It's not "The Wire" but that's not what they were aiming for anyway with only six hours to tell the story.

It was more like a documentary, for me, with the interviews taking the place of narration, interspersed with the "actual footage" of the events they were talking about.

I'll watch as much of that as they want to make.

It's like a real life version of The Shield. Strange to think these were doing this shit around the time The Shield was airing!