You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

3 hours ago, Alan Sex said:

A couple of Episodes into Pistol. 

Certainly not a factual documentary of the events surrounding the formation of the Sex Pistols - but as a Punk themed fantasy based on the Sex Pistols, it’s enjoyable. 

I'm at the same stage and just found it a bit of a pantomime, in all honesty. I can see why Lydon hates it.

On 21/04/2022 at 22:25, Mook said:

Derry Girls is absolutely fucking awful.

Comparing it to The Inbetweeners is like comparing a three year old with an out of tune guitar to Stravinsky.

The big difference between the two is that Derry Girls managed not to jump the shark in the third series.

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The big difference between the two is that Derry Girls managed not to jump the shark in the third series.

Where did it jump the shark? I thought the third series was probably the best of the lot.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Just started Better Call Saul

About 4 episodes in and it's a bit slow. It gets better, right?

If you don't like the pace of BCS I don't think you'll ever like it. It is very slow, but for me it's part of its brilliance. Mike often has scenes for 5 minutes where you're just watching him, not a thing is said. But it's absolutely brilliant. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't even know what jumping the shark is! 

When a TV programme runs out of good ideas and goes over-the-top with nonsense. (In a later episode of Happy Days, Fonzie did a water-ski jump over a shark - hence the expression.)

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't even know what jumping the shark is! 

There was an episode of Happy Days where Fonzie jumped over a shark on water skis.

Now a general term for the moment when a once beloved show has gone off the rails.

20 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It overplayed the gross-out stuff, to the detriment of the funny stuff.

Oh OK. I suppose it was a bit more 'outre', but just looking through the first series' episodes, we had Simon vomiting on a child, Neil's arse at Thorpe Park and the caravan club with piss and spunk everywhere...

21 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Oh OK. I suppose it was a bit more 'outre', but just looking through the first series' episodes, we had Simon vomiting on a child, Neil's arse at Thorpe Park and the caravan club with piss and spunk everywhere...

That scene was even more funny because of the build up to it. Will telling the kid about dirty bombs killing his mum & dad and making him cry, Simon tells Carly he wants to finger blast her or something then the kid comes running in and he spews all over his face. Childish humour but utterly superb. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That scene was even more funny because of the build up to it. Will telling the kid about dirty bombs killing his mum & dad and making him cry, Simon tells Carly he wants to finger blast her or something then the kid comes running in and he spews all over his face. Childish humour but utterly superb. 

That episode was brilliant. "Kiss me." "You know I've got a boyfriend." "Just finger yourself in front of me."

10 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I've just worked out that The Simpsons jumped the shark 23 years ago. It's been bad a hell of a lot longer than it was good. 

Yeah, isn't series 10 or 11 generally considered the last really good one, about '98 or so?

The Flight Attendant Season 2 – Kind of like if Christopher Nolan's Inception wasn't the most boring, overrated piece of shit of all time and was actually enjoyable and had Kaley Cuoco being adorable and funny. Sort of. 

• Upvote 1