You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sweets

Carvalho Diablo

Just seen an advert for some Rolo's.

I haven't had any Rolo's in donkey's years. I used to fucking love Rolo's when I was a kid, a definite favourite.

I really fancy some Rolo's right now. The power of advertising eh ?

tumblr_mf27c4AtEz1r4i14no1_500.jpg

Even just looking at this picture, I could swear I can almost smell them. Total sensory recall.

I haven't had any Rolo's in donkey's years. I used to fucking love Rolo's when I was a kid, a definite favourite.

Even just looking at this picture, I could swear I can almost smell them. Total sensory recall.

Dont do it. They're not the same now. Surely, the toffee used to be runny. Didnt it?

Munchies piss all over Rolos. After a whole pack of Rolos to yourself it felt like you had just eaten a horse. 

Some nice vintage sweetshops near ours, every now and then I pop in and order a quarter of strawberry bon bons or hob nobs. Just for nostalgia reasons. 

• Upvote 1

When I was a kid growing up in York our next door neighbour worked in the Rowntrees factory up the road from us.  Once a week he would bring a bag of bars to me and my brother that wouldnt pass quality control for being out of shape.  I loved him as much as Santa

• Upvote 3

When I was a kid growing up in York our next door neighbour worked in the Rowntrees factory up the road from us.  Once a week he would bring a bag of bars to me and my brother that wouldnt pass quality control for being out of shape.  I loved him as much as Santa

And here he is...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18253-1344611165-4.

• Upvote 1

I nearly choked on a pear drop as a kid.Yet even that didn't stop my habit.

love chocolate limes and kola cubes as well.

used have a bag a day as a kid.

When I was a kid I went to a local petting zoo with a bag of cola cubes in my pocket. You could go in the pens with the goats to pet them. Turns out all the goats liked cola cubes, especially the enormous black ram with big curly horns. I was bruised for fucking weeks by that cunt trying to get my sweets. The petting zoo closed down eventually, so he probably went to the glue factory. Needless to say I had the last laugh.

• Upvote 1

Giant smiley faces (the sour ones were best)
The little turtle/frog sweets
Them bubblegum bottles
Them sour double ended tongues 
and fruit gums were my favourites as a kid.

Now I'll have a Milky Way now and then. Try to look after my teeth because lord knows I abused them enough from the ages of 5-17. Can of coke and a packet of fruit gums before school started with 50p worth of one of the above at lunch. 

Never loved Rolo but they made the best ever advert......

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mR6xvzXpEVo