You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jon Flanagan

Jhinge Machha

Don't like to judge things without seeing it, but if it's as it seems (with the guilty plea and the comments from his legal rep) then fuck him off.  Barely warranted a squad place as it is.  Shame about the injuries and enjoyed watching him come through, but no sympathy for this.

A defenseless woman? Absolutely. But a man hitting a woman for a good reason shouldn't be "beyond the pale".  

So if she can defend herself have at it?

What if she makes egg and chips on steak night?

Just out of curiosity what would be people's opinions on him if he assaulted a man?

If it involved a United supporting DJ not playing a Phil Collins tune I'd say most of us would say fair enough.

• Upvote 3

So you mean if your girl is swinging her handbag at you then a right cross to the head or a kick in the bastard is on?

What are you implying exactly? It's pretty simple and clear what I'm trying to say.

If a girl is repeatedly kicking you in the balls or trying to hit you with a hard object, you should be able to defend yourself.

A man should be able to hurt a woman if he's threatened enough. This isn't rocket science. Women shouldn't be guarded against rightful physical retribution just because they're women. 

i made the same point to a mate earlier if Suarez had of done the same thing to his wife in the 13/14 season when he was the best player in the league would everybody still be as quick to say terminate his contract / sack him etc?

I would.

I would have been more pissed off about it, because of the way it would hurt the club, but it would have been the right thing to do.

What are you implying exactly? It's pretty simple and clear what I'm trying to say.

If a girl is repeatedly kicking you in the balls or trying to hit you with a hard object, you should be able to defend yourself.

A man should be able to hurt a woman if he's threatened enough. This isn't rocket science. Women shouldn't be guarded against rightful physical retribution just because they're women.

Still no.

Kicking someone in retaliation is not self-defence. It's assault.

You defend yourself by getting yourself away from anyone who is having a go at you.

I'd like to think that Jon Flanagan has a clearer idea of what constitutes defence than you do.