You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

Luis is as good as it gets. Seeing Sturridge flourish too makes me think their partnership is what we could have seen with a fit and motivated Torres had he not left..

Luis and Daniel are by far the best strike partnership in the league.

Can you imagine Luis and a prime Nando? Sturridge is amazing but he's not on the same level as 2007-10 Torres, we would have had potentially the best strike partnership ever to grace the premiership, what a shame.

He'll be gone next season whether we are champions league or not I reckon. I don't particularly like him very much but fuck me he's an exceptional footballer, ability wise he has to be one of the best players ever to wear the red shirt.

don't qualify for Champions League and he is nailed on gone imo

if we qualify I'd say 50/50 depending on who is after him and whether we're looking like still progressing imo

Can you imagine Luis and a prime Nando? Sturridge is amazing but he's not on the same level as 2007-10 Torres, we would have had potentially the best strike partnership ever to grace the premiership, what a shame.

Torres has never played well alongside another striker

still early days but if we kept hold of them both for a few years and they carried on in this fame, Suarez and Sturridge would be the best partnership the premier league has seen

Torres has never played well alongside another striker

still early days but if we kept hold of them both for a few years and they carried on in this fame, Suarez and Sturridge would be the best partnership the premier league has seen

I know mate but Suarez playing the "Gerrard" role would have been devastating.

Yea I agree about SAS they could be the best.

If we got Champions League, I think he'd stay unless Real came in. And to be honest if we did get CL and he wanted to go to them, then I think he could go with our blessing this time, as he'd have done his job, and we'd be in a financial/attracting players position to, not replace him, as it isn't possible. But to buy players of the standard needed to keep us progressing who would fit into our style of play.

Guest San Don

Not sure it will matter a jot where we are in January or end of season. He's as mad as a box of frogs and I could see him going or staying.

I would be surprised if madrid dont make a move in January especially if he continues his hot streak as I could see a couple of the moneybags clubs trying to tempt him away.

All I can say is he looked really made up with each of his goals yesterday. I just wonder how much input his missus will have on any decision he does make.

Can see him going in January myself, I can see a few clubs with their campaigns flagging realising they need some reinforcements and he'll probably be the best striker in the world on the list of strikers who aren't cup tied for the CL, someone will spunk silly money at us and we'll have them by the balls.

Can see him going in January myself, I can see a few clubs with their campaigns flagging realising they need some reinforcements and he'll probably be the best striker in the world on the list of strikers who aren't cup tied for the CL, someone will spunk silly money at us and we'll have them by the balls.

I can't see FSG selling in January.  They've been burned before.

Was thinking the same thing earlier mate, most of the other best strikers in the world either moved in the summer or at settled at their current club. We could actually sell for a significant amount as were in no rush to sell and he doesn't seem like he'll do the same shit as the summer again. For a change we are in charge of this situation and we have only Rodgers and the board to thank for that.

Back to the same situation in the summer again, although this time well get a lot more money for him but who do we buy as his replacement? So that being said I'd still keep him and see what happens this season.

don't qualify for Champions League and he is nailed on gone imo

if we qualify I'd say 50/50 depending on who is after him and whether we're looking like still progressing imo

I would say its more to do if Madrid buy him in January. I cant see them not buying him simply because he is that good. They know he wants to go there and if he keeps on playing the way he is Madrid will buy him even to stop a possible Barca swoop.

He could be the key to winning the champions league for them.

I would say its more to do if Madrid buy him in January. I cant see them not buying him simply because he is that good. They know he wants to go there and if he keeps on playing the way he is Madrid will buy him even to stop a possible Barca swoop.

He could be the key to winning the champions league for them.

If it is Madrid we'd have to try and include Di Maria and Morata and just hope he ends up as good as he looks, they are desperate need for a top class striker, they look poor upfront, Di Maria started as the central striker against Barca, he's an out and out winger. That's how desperate they are.

Garth Crooks - cunt!

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than extolling the virtues of Luis Suarez without referring to his less savoury side. But I can't. Against West Brom, he scored one of the best hat-tricks I've seen in years, so why does he start looking for free-kicks and penalties that don't exist? And more importantly, why doesn't manager Brendan Rodgers tell him to stop it? Apart from that, I can't fault him.

• Upvote 1

I still for the life of me can't understand why Madrid signed Bale ahead of Suarez.

They were playing Bale as a striker in el clasico!

A role he's probably played about 5 times in his professional career!

I think it's inevitable that Madrid will make a bid in January, and they will try and get him on the cheap too, because they know he really wants to go there.

If we turn down a bid from Real for Suarez I think that would be the breaking point for him and he'd do a Torres type sulk/not arsed for the rest of the season.

Considering that his contact expires in 2016, I think we should actively approach Real Madrid about him joining them next summer.

Not because I want him to go, because I'd love him to stay for the rest of his career, but I really don't see it.

If we start to broker a deal with Madrid now, it could work out well for all parties. From his point of view we could sell it to him that Madrid are seriously interested and constantly going to be scouting him, which would mean he'd continue to play out of his skin, and hopefully keep the negative stuff out of his game. From Madrids point of view they would finally have a big name striker, some one that is ten times the player Benzima is, and ten times the striker Bale is!

Most importantly though from our point of view it would save a repeat of this summer, It would give us more control too. We could insist that the deal doesn't happen until the summer, on the basis that they meet our asking price we could also agree not to negotiate with anybody else. I think Real Madrid are the only non premiership club that would be prepared to pay a really big fee for him.

It all comes down to how much Real Madrid actually want him though?

Some people believe that Aguero and Falcao are their top targets. 

I have to admit I can see this happening as well, but I really hope that it doesn't.  I don't care if we replace him with Matic, Pastore and Morata, we will be just hoping that they settle quickly and if they don't we won't have any chance at the top 4.

If Real comes in for him, as I suspect they might, and he agitates to leave, I hope that we at least have the balls to demand a massive premium for him leaving in the middle of the season.  70 million, say.

Garth Crooks - cunt!

Simple, succinct. Agreed. Why Crooks feels the need to make his first comment about what he doesn't like about Suarez and then praise him on his hattrick? Change the record, for heaven's sake. What a bore. Oh, and he's got Andros Townsend in the team of the week. Is he contractually obligated to include a Spurs player every week or something?