You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

hmm, I forgive, if you promise to behave yourself and treat us with respect next summer you little bastard!

Glad luis is staying, but holy Christ man did he have to put us thro' that agony first, but as long as he helps us to win us the premier league title, the FA Cup and the Capital Cup, we may just forgive him.

I was watching the manc match again and the second half reminded me of how much he brings to the team. He may lose the ball, too, but we were dying for someone to pick up the ball at midfield and take on defenders in advancing the ball. We missed that at Villa, too.

Still say we should sell. We now know his heart is not in it so shouldn't bother keeping him around. Flog him to a foreign club. Tell any English clubs interested to get fucked.

I'm not sure I buy into that. I don't think any of them have this real love for the club that would say their heart is in it - with one it two notable exceptions. If Suarez's heart was in it at any point, he wouldn't have behaved the way he's done over recent months (I have no issue with him wanting to leave, just how he went about it) as he'd have had too much respect for the club and fans to do it, but he illustrated it means fuck all to him and its just a job.

But I like to look at that the other way, it means to me hopefully his performances will have the same commitment as he had before and there's no reason why we won't seem him give his all for 90mins each week. I'm not saying he'll stay next year or we should even have another fight like this to keep him, I'm just saying I think he'll give it a go as nothing has changed and who's to say if we don't have a good season he won't be happy to stay unless the obvious clubs like barca, Madrid or Munich come calling?

I'm not sure I buy into that. I don't think any of them have this real love for the club that would say their heart is in it - with one it two notable exceptions. If Suarez's heart was in it at any point, he wouldn't have behaved the way he's done over recent months (I have no issue with him wanting to leave, just how he went about it) as he'd have had too much respect for the club and fans to do it, but he illustrated it means fuck all to him and its just a job.

But I like to look at that the other way, it means to me hopefully his performances will have the same commitment as he had before and there's no reason why we won't seem him give his all for 90mins each week. I'm not saying he'll stay next year or we should even have another fight like this to keep him, I'm just saying I think he'll give it a go as nothing has changed and who's to say if we don't have a good season he won't be happy to stay unless the obvious clubs like barca, Madrid or Munich come calling?

But he's had a shave now, Barry. It's time to forgive and forget.

If Suarez comes in after earning his place and does well for us, then fine. Can't say I'm counting down the days of his ban though to be honest. When he does come back in. He had better make a contribution to get us at least 4th. If not, then sell and get the players that collectively improve us. If we do get top 4, do the same. That's my feeling on the matter.

He'll come back and fit right back in. He'll play brilliantly, score plenty goals and The Kop will sing his song. He'll be agitating for a move again come January/next summer.

Marca have already started their campaign for Madrid in January.

g0909.02dd7242fd6eb4667d5bd7d2824a4060.jpg

We're gonna have to get used to it until if, or when, he leaves.

That YouTube link has pissed me off, I hate him for what he's done this summer, flirting with Arsenal. Fucking Arsenal for fucks sake, but that clip... he's fucking brilliant on a football pitch.

I know exactly what you mean as this is precisely how I felt when our captain decided to go to the chavs (the 1st time).

I wasn't so much upset that he wants to leave, but that he wanted to go to that scum. It was like having your missus run away with some ugly-looking inbred bastard with small floppy cock and three fingers on each hand - you can't believe it's happening, as it defies all logic and you find constantly asking yourself "why, why, WHY?"

He'll never be the same to me after this summer though.

In time, all this will go away after the mad bastard starts banging them in. You'll look back at this whole episode with a wry smile and say to yourself "fuck, yeah!"

I can't wait to have the nutmegging lunatic back. What a fucking player.

Him, Moses, Coutinho and Sturridge are gonna frighten the fuck out of the league!

Indeed. Nobody is disputing his abilities. The big question from now on is, could he control his temper and cut out the rather childish and imbecilic part of his game, because as soon as he starts playing again, he will be a marked man, not just by refs, but by oppos players as well.

Spend whatever it costs to get benteke in the next transfer window, blow the budget,the kid going to be the next drogba and the mancs or arsenal will prob be bidding come summer.bed him in as a ready made replacement for suarez if suarez leaves in the summer. If luis decides to stay all the better, three top class young strikers fighting over one place. Strikeforce sorted for the next ten years.

Spend whatever it costs to get benteke in the next transfer window, blow the budget,the kid going to be the next drogba and the mancs or arsenal will prob be bidding come summer.bed him in as a ready made replacement for suarez if suarez leaves in the summer. If luis decides to stay all the better, three top class young strikers fighting over one place. Strikeforce sorted for the next ten years.

Where's Sturridge play then? There's too many weaknesses in the first XI and other places to be spunking the whole budget on a player who'd be a back up centre forward, even if he replicated the form he's shown for a side who're built entirely around him.

Where's Sturridge play then? There's too many weaknesses in the first XI and other places to be spunking the whole budget on a player who'd be a back up centre forward, even if he replicated the form he's shown for a side who're built entirely around him.

Up front hopefully. The sad thing is, it looks like sturridge is injury prone, his injuries could see liverpool starting against swansea with just aspas as a recognised striker,whilst suarez may be on his way out next summer.

Benteke would be a massive boost to liverpools striking options for the next ten years.

Up front hopefully. The sad thing is, it looks like sturridge is injury prone, his injuries could see liverpool starting against swansea with just aspas as a recognised striker,whilst suarez may be on his way out next summer.

Benteke would be a massive boost to liverpools striking options for the next ten years.

I'm not so sure he's the greatest fit. Don't get me wrong I think Benteke's quality, but with the way we play and how good Sturridge is upfront, if we're going to be spunking big cash on a forward then he has to be able to play outwide too. So we get him and Sturridge in the team at the same time.

• Upvote 2