You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

They should never have had it in the first place. I'd be made up if they re-ran it and it came here.

That cocksucker Blatter covered himself in glory again today didn't he? Referred to a female official as "a good looking one". The fucking berk.

They should never have had it in the first place. I'd be made up if they re-ran it and it came here.

That cocksucker Blatter covered himself in glory again today didn't he? Referred to a female official as "a good looking one". The fucking berk.

Yeah, they bought it, no doubt whatsoever. Just an obviously odd choice. Probably kept the brown envelope trade afloat, the amount of backhanders that were flying about.

Hadn't heard about Blatter, but fuck all he does shocks me any more.

Guest San Don
World Cup vote must be rerun unless Qatar improves treatment | Scoop News

Not overly concerned about the WC, but its football, its news.

Not a chance of this happening especially for non footballing reasons.

If push comes to shove and Qatar has to host the WCFs in June \ July, I dont know why all the talk is about artificial clouds or open air conditioned stadiums.

Just build stadiums with roofs on and air condition them. OK, it will be hot outside but life doesnt totally stop there now during the summer.

Yeah, they bought it, no doubt whatsoever. Just an obviously odd choice. Probably kept the brown envelope trade afloat, the amount of backhanders that were flying about.

Hadn't heard about Blatter, but fuck all he does shocks me any more.

This might shock you; that the 'looker' is a dead ringer for Hank Marvin.

Sepp Blatter calls female Fifa candidate 'good and good-looking' | Football | The Guardian

Not a chance of this happening especially for non footballing reasons.

If push comes to shove and Qatar has to host the WCFs in June \ July, I dont know why all the talk is about artificial clouds or open air conditioned stadiums.

Just build stadiums with roofs on and air condition them. OK, it will be hot outside but life doesnt totally stop there now during the summer.

You'd be surprised. There is absolutely fuck all to do and unless you want to go to the mosque or an air conditioned mall, then you're staying in. For the 3 months during the summer the place is a ghost town, with most of the expats taking their annual leave and just fucking off back to wherever they came from. It is unbearably hot, even if you've got your own swimming pool, you can't sit next to it and unless its chilled, you can't get in it.

Qatar is in no way set up to host a World Cup, I was in Doha last year and its surprising how little infrastructure is there.

I don't doubt that they can build the super duper air conditioned stadiums required to host the games, but there were about 3 hotels when I was there. The roads are terrible (that's if you have a road), my mate was still waiting for a road to be built up to his street so you had to drive over sand to get there, and this wasn't in the middle of nowhere, it was 5 minutes out from the centre of Doha.

There is little to no public transport and you can forget about walking anywhere with temperatures reaching 50C at midday.

You can only get a drink in the hotels (which there aren't enough of) and I would say the average hotel could only hold about 500 people spread over the existing bars.

So somehow, tens/hundreds of thousands of people will have to get accommodation that hasn't been built yet, be catered for in bars that haven't been built yet, then transferred to stadiums that haven't been built yet on roads that haven't been built yet in buses that don't exist yet.

Added to which, THERE IS NO FUCKING BACON! Qatar is completely pork free and for that reason, I'm out.