You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Rooney is 'angry and confused' about how United have commented on his future, thus screams the yellow ticker on Sky.

I know we all said how they would crumble when Demento left, in pure hope more than anything if we're honest with ourselves, but this just all feels so different this time.

Before, you just felt that they'd be fine no matter what under Fergie. Massive tests starting already for Moyes, before a ball is even kicked in anger for them. Missing out on big name targets, now this too.

Mourinho has been trolling Moyes and United, he knows they won't sell to Chelsea but he is enjoying the shitstirring and causing havoc as this will run and run.

"If Wayne is a second choice for Man United, then the national team will be affected," Mourinho told BBC Sport.

A few days back

“It’s a funny trick question,” Mourinho said.

“From an ethical point of view I can not speak about other team’s players. But I won’t speak with hypocrisy. It’s not in my nature. I always speak what I think.

“He is a player I like very much but I can’t say much more. He is fast and direct and I like him. But he is a Manchester United player.”

Mourinho has been trolling Moyes and United, he knows they won't sell to Chelsea but he is enjoying the shitstirring and causing havoc as this will run and run.

"If Wayne is a second choice for Man United, then the national team will be affected," Mourinho told BBC Sport.

A few days back

“It’s a funny trick question,” Mourinho said.

“From an ethical point of view I can not speak about other team’s players. But I won’t speak with hypocrisy. It’s not in my nature. I always speak what I think.

“He is a player I like very much but I can’t say much more. He is fast and direct and I like him. But he is a Manchester United player.”

I fucking detest Mourinho but if hes doing this in an attempt to destabilize them then my hats off to the cunt.

Rooney is 'angry and confused' about how United have commented on his future, thus screams the yellow ticker on Sky.

I know we all said how they would crumble when Demento left, in pure hope more than anything if we're honest with ourselves, but this just all feels so different this time.

Before, you just felt that they'd be fine no matter what under Fergie. Massive tests starting already for Moyes, before a ball is even kicked in anger for them. Missing out on big name targets, now this too.

Him and Moyes are like oil and water. I never believed they'd get along, no matter the early good vibe that Moyes was projecting.

I know it won't happen, and I'm not sure I'd even like it, but it would be an epic piss taking if we made a bid for him. The cosmic irony of an ex-bitter going to OT in a Liverpool shirt and scoring the goal that knocks them out of the CL would be priceless.

I enjoyed that image.

Scum are forcing Rooney out imo whilst attempting to make it look like it is his doing

Sunderland have signed Giaccherrini from Juve, not really seen him play for them but he was impressive for Italy in the Confederations cup so could be a bit of a coup for Sunderland

They're not even being subtle about it.

Makes me think that Rooney is finished as a top level player.

He's probably finished as a Utd player. Remains to be seen whether he can make a big impact elswhere. Utd want to cash in no doubt before he gets any older plus he has a lot of miles on the clock.

Barrett's latest article sounds interesting:

Damian ‏@DamianLFCpl 7m

Luis Suarez agent insists £40 million bid will trigger release from Liverpool - Tony Barrett, The Times

The Kop 305 ‏@TheKop305 6m

Chelsea are also believed to have an interest in Suarez, but they're only expected to move if they are unable to sign Rooney. (The Times)

Billy Liddell ‏@Liddellpool 1m

#LFC are monitoring Bernard Tony Barrett The Times

Just when I thought I couldn't dislike Downing much more...

Arsenal ready to offer £40m to lure Luis Suarez

Luis Suárez’s representatives believe that Liverpool’s resolve to keep the striker can only be tested when a £40million clause in the striker’s contract is activated.

Liverpool insist that they will be under no obligation to sell Suárez even if this valuation is met. They believe it entitles them only to inform Suárez of the approach, but this position will be examined if – or when – a side offers that much. For Suárez and his advisors, such a bid is sure to prompt them into thinking he is entitled to make his Anfield exit.

Until such an offer is made, Liverpool have been able to stand firm maintaining that they rate *Suárez even higher than the £50 million they received for Fernando Torres when he was sold to Chelsea two years ago. The only bid received so far has been from Arsenal, as reported by The Daily Telegraph on July 7, and confirmed by Liverpool’s managing director Ian Ayre this week.

There are suggestions that Arsène Wenger is prepared to increase his offer to £35 million. However, it has now emerged that the first Arsenal bid would have eventually increased to that amount based on Suarez’s appearances and success in north London.

Should Arsenal make a *second bid, it will inevitably be above £35 million in order to eclipse the opening offer. Most likely, Wenger will agree to pay £40 million for Suárez to keep ahead of Real Madrid and other suitors in the chase for the striker. It will be at that point the saga will get messy as Liverpool try to resist Suárez’s sale regardless of the contract clause.

The club want the player and not the proceeds of his transfer as they are discovering how difficult it is to recruit – and in Suárez’s case keep – high-class players when you have no Champions League football to offer.

Liverpool are interested in 20-year-old Brazilian winger Bernard and have approached his club, Atletico Mineiro. Bernard has a release clause of around £20 million, but the South American is wanted by several Champions League clubs, Arsenal believed to be among them.

As with the recent pursuit of Armenian Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Liverpool are vulnerable to having prime targets lured elsewhere to play in the elite competition.

Stewart Downing, meanwhile, has informed Liverpool he has no wish to leave the club for West Ham. Sam Allardyce was prepared to pay £8 million for the former England winger, but Downing wants to fight for his position at Anfield.

Arsenal ready to offer £40m to lure Luis Suarez - Telegraph

Downing will be well down the pecking order if he stays, I would think. Silly move by him.

The Bernard link always felt right to me. It just seems like the kind of player we would be after. If Spurs can sign Paulinho there's no reason why we can't sign him.

I think Suarez is going to say he wants to leave and will be open to a move to Chelsea or Arsenal. I can't see him saying he only wants to go Madrid. He will go anywhere to get away. I just hope we are able to get the most money possible, and that he ends up choosing Real.

Downing will be well down the pecking order if he stays, I would think. Silly move by him.

The Bernard link always felt right to me. It just seems like the kind of player we would be after. If Spurs can sign Paulinho there's no reason why we can't sign him.

I think Suarez is going to say he wants to leave and will be open to a move to Chelsea or Arsenal. I can't see him saying he only wants to go Madrid. He will go anywhere to get away. I just hope we are able to get the most money possible, and that he ends up choosing Real.

I'm still hoping either or both Bayern and PSG come in for him.

Both will pay what we are after.

Gonna get messy with this release clause.

Thinking the same thing

Im just hoping we can either sell him abroad or get him to agree to stay for another year.Ill be pissed off seeing him play for another club over here.

You'd have question the owners if they sold to Arsenal. You dont sell to direct rivals if yiu want to nab a top 4 soot above them

Thinking the same thing

Im just hoping we can either sell him abroad or get him to agree to stay for another year.Ill be pissed off seeing him play for another club over here.

You'd have question the owners if they sold to Arsenal. You dont sell to direct rivals if yiu want to nab a top 4 soot above them

Question the owners? The club have made it pretty clear we don't want to sell.

Question Suarez more like if he wants to go to a team that hasn't won anything for years.

Question the owners? The club have made it pretty clear we don't want to sell.

Question Suarez more like if he wants to go to a team that hasn't won anything for years.

If the club really don't want to sell, they won't sell. No one can force them to accept a bid. They, on the other hand, can force Suarez to stay.