You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Well Mata is a quality number 10 fuck Erikksen and these others if he is avail we should be putting in a bid. Who knows it might even be the type of signing that would persuade Luis we are serious about trying to do well, put a 30million bid in please Ayre.

United have no need for him as Funnee points out they have Kagawa and they haven't figured out how to use him yet.

Let's see how Neymar gets on next year before saying he's that good. He might be, but he has achieved very little in the game so far.

I'd put Suarez in the same group as Van Persie. Last season he scored just as many goals as him (or he was until that last suspension) and he made a lot of those goals for himself, unlike Van Persie who is much more reliant on the service he gets.

You'd take Sturridge over neymar I reckon.

I imagine Mourinho is just waking up now hungover to fuck thinking "I know I did something really fucking daft last night but can't quite think what"

He then turns on the telly and takes a huge sigh of relief upon seeing the word rejected

Well Mata is a quality number 10 fuck Erikksen and these others if he is avail we should be putting in a bid. Who knows it might even be the type of signing that would persuade Luis we are serious about trying to do well, put a 30million bid in please Ayre.

United have no need for him as Funnee points out they have Kagawa and they haven't figured out how to use him yet.[/QUOTE]

Complete and utter steaming pile of horse shit.

You're telling me they couldn't make use of Juan Mata?

OK.

Mata > Rooney frankly.

I think this appears to be genuine, really surprised that Maureen doesn't rate Mata? I don't think United would have trouble fitting Mata in behind RVP, he'd be better than Rooney. I suspect United have leaked this, they just want more cash in the deal.

Mata > Rooney frankly.

I think this appears to be genuine, really surprised that Maureen doesn't rate Mata? I don't think United would have trouble fitting Mata in behind RVP, he'd be better than Rooney. I suspect United have leaked this, they just want more cash in the deal.

The only thing i can think of is Mata isn't great in terms of outright pace or tackling, and Oscar has that side to his game, so he's arguably going to make the position in the centre his own. With Hazard one side and Schurrle coming in, is it worth keeping a player of Mata's calibre for sub duty when you can cash in on him and get the CF you want?

There's no way Mourinho will stop playing a DM, and he's still got a crush on Lampard, so Mata looks like a bizarre casualty.

I must be the only one who doesn't rate Suarez in the top 5. He's had one cracking season, is a crazy good dribbler but has some serious shortfalls. I would rank top 5 as

Messi

Ronaldo

Iniesta, Van Persie, Neymar

if you're talking top 5 players Suarez would be ahead of Neymar, if you're talking goals he would be ahead of Inieta.

I think Mata is ace, but I rate Rooney more highly.

Mata is one-paced and hasn't got a ton of goals in him and hasn't got the strength Rooney has to hold off defenders.

I think that Chelsea would come out of the other end of the deal and be the improved team. But, y'know, opinions.

The more interesting aspect is the fall-out. So Chelsea would only be £20m down (after they up their bid), but would not be in the hunt for another striker you'd think (with Schurrle, Rooney, Ba and Torres all there). Or they might sell one, in which case it could be Torres (I think Mourinho wants to clear the Spanish contingent out).

And United would be badly in need of another quality striker.

Who's left on the market who can fill that class void?

Ronaldo seems unbuyable, Ibrahimovic also very expensive, Cavani's gone, Falcao's gone, but what sort of forward would Moyes most like? He's a bit of a Benteke fan to me, you look at the shithouses he's deployed for Everton. Either that, or Chelsea can offer Lukaku and £20m, which they wont.

There's still some way to go in the transfer window in terms of strikers, with Suarez, Higuain, Rooney, Negredo, Benteke, Jovetic all angling for moves, and all would greatly improve whatever side they went to. And then the likes of Jackson Martinez, Soldado, Yilmaz, Heung-Min and Aguero who look like they could all be easily talked into one.

Tottenham are hquiet on this front at the moment, but they might already have spunked their load on Paulinho and reportedly two teenage Croatians for another £15m. With no CL money it might be that the cupboard is bare until they can move some players.

I'm more than happy with Borini and Sturridge, I must admit, and rather smug too.

I think Mata is ace, but I rate Rooney more highly.

Mata is one-paced and hasn't got a ton of goals in him and hasn't got the strength Rooney has to hold off defenders.

I think that Chelsea would come out of the other end of the deal and be the improved team. But, y'know, opinions.

The more interesting aspect is the fall-out. So Chelsea would only be £20m down (after they up their bid), but would not be in the hunt for another striker you'd think (with Schurrle, Rooney, Ba and Torres all there). Or they might sell one, in which case it could be Torres (I think Mourinho wants to clear the Spanish contingent out).

And United would be badly in need of another quality striker.

Who's left on the market who can fill that class void?

Ronaldo seems unbuyable, Ibrahimovic also very expensive, Cavani's gone, Falcao's gone, but what sort of forward would Moyes most like? He's a bit of a Benteke fan to me, you look at the shithouses he's deployed for Everton. Either that, or Chelsea can offer Lukaku and £20m, which they wont.

There's still some way to go in the transfer window in terms of strikers, with Suarez, Higuain, Rooney, Negredo, Benteke, Jovetic all angling for moves, and all would greatly improve whatever side they went to. And then the likes of Jackson Martinez, Soldado, Yilmaz, Heung-Min and Aguero who look like they could all be easily talked into one.

Tottenham are hquiet on this front at the moment, but they might already have spunked their load on Paulinho and reportedly two teenage Croatians for another £15m. With no CL money it might be that the cupboard is bare until they can move some players.

I'm more than happy with Borini and Sturridge, I must admit, and rather smug too.

This is a wind up yes?

Every post you make has me picturing you mincing through an office gossiping.

Ooh but she's got a potty mouth too.....

Maybe its just me.

How are you so sure' date=' and who is?[/quote']

It's obviously just my opinion based on the fact that (surely!) no-one could possibly think Rooney for Mata+cash makes any economic sense.

It would be the worst bit of player plus cash business since Eto'o + squillions for Ibrahimovic, which will surely hold the mantle for years to come.

The talk is it's either Mata or Luiz. It's got to be Luiz. Surely.

He got 20 last season.

I make it 12 league goals?

He had a knack of scoring in big league games, he scored against United on 5 May, Arsenal on 20 Jan, United on 28 Oct, two against Spurs on 20 Oct, and against Arsenal on 29 September.

A lot of his goals came against Europa League wank. He found the net once in the 9 knock-out round games including the final.

Still a great player mind.

"Chelsea football club can confirm that yesterday it made a written offer to Manchester United for the transfer of Wayne Rooney.

"Although the terms of the offer are confidential, for avoidance of doubt and contrary to what is apparently being briefed to the Press in Sydney, the proposed purchase does not include the transfer or loan of any players from Chelsea to Manchester United."

I make it 12 league goals?

He had a knack of scoring in big league games, he scored against United on 5 May, Arsenal on 20 Jan, United on 28 Oct, two against Spurs on 20 Oct, and against Arsenal on 29 September.

A lot of his goals came against Europa League wank. He found the net once in the 9 knock-out round games including the final.

Still a great player mind.

You've gone full Code. Never go full Code.