You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Having lallana on the bench would be a good thing, we might actually have someone coming of it that can change the game and challenge the other players, Coutinho has plenty of stinkers so lallana should get allot of playing time.

continue to be wrong Grinch, it makes me smile.  Klopp, like Pochettino, knows how important Lallana is to our team. An Iniesta, as Pochettino has called him.  A genuine two footed player with vision and great technique who can accept the ball in the tightest of situations and retain it.  

Am I the only one who reads this post like a poem?

I like Lallana, but come on Stringy...

Thierry Henry once compared one of our full backs to Roberto Carlos. I'll leave it to you to work out which one.

Football manager/pundit in overblown praise shocker.

I'm only reporting what was said.  

If Pochettino had said he was whatever the Spanish equivalent of a Mezzala nobody would have had a problem, but the intention was the same.

I don't think he was comparing quality but the type of player and positions they occupy on the pitch.

If Pochettino had said he was whatever the Spanish equivalent of a Mezzala nobody would have had a problem, but the intention was the same.

I don't think he was comparing quality but the type of player and positions they occupy on the pitch.

actually Pochettino said he has the skills of Iniesta, Xavi and Fabregas.  A bit like Klopp who recently said he may well be the most skilful player he has managed.  I know most people on here don't rate him, but as I've said before, most people aren't good judges. 

I can't recall too many occasions where he played in a 3, but he was excellent in a diamond midfield with Sterling at the top and Suarez and Sturridge up front.

I'd really like to see us try that again, think we have the personnel for it still with Mane and Firmino up top and then Coutinho right behind them at the top of a diamond.  Could play Hendo at the base and Can and Gini on the sides.  Or Can at the base and Keita - Coutinho on the sides, with Firmino at the tip and then Mane and a new striker up top (after the summer on that one, obviously).

I'm just going to go ahead and take total tactical credit for this victory.  Obviously, Klopp's been reading my posts.

• Upvote 2