You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfers 2013

Gym Beglin

I hope we keep Reina.

If we do sign a new keeper, I don't think we should rule out every English keeper and assume they will be shite just because we have had bad experiences in the past.

We do generalise a lot at times when we really should judge each play on his own merits not pass mistakes.

I hope we keep Reina.

If we do sign a new keeper, I don't think we should rule out every English keeper and assume they will be shite just because we have had bad experiences in the past.

We do generalise a lot at times when we really should judge each play on his own merits not pass mistakes.

I'd never say don't sign a keeper based purely on nationalities but I don't think there is much in the way of good english keepers in the minute, after Hart theres Ruddy who I do rate but I don't think he is good enough for where we want to be and then Butland who is still very young and untested at the top level

My favourite suggestions should we need to sign a keeper in the summer so far have been Mignolet and Stekelenberg

Moussa Sissoko looks to be off to Newcastle.

Newcastle are only 2 points above 19th and 18th, but have these fixtures in the second half of the season...

Villa (a)

Chelsea (h)

Spurs (a)

Kharkiv (h)

Kharkiv (a)

Southampton (h)

Swansea (a)

Stoke (h)

Wigan (a)

Man City (a)

Fulham (h)

Sunderland (h)

West Brom (a)

Liverpool (h)

West Ham (a)

QPR (a)

Arsenal (h)

They haven't won an away game all season, and only scored 14 goals in 12 homes games all season.

Their top scorers list reads like:

Ba - 13

Cisse - 6

Shola Ameobi - 3

Ben Arfa - 3

Cabaye - 3

Marveaux - 2

I can see a problem with that leading scorer list. The top bit is missing and the rest of it is fucking shit. (except for Cisse, but he's not having a nice time).

It's relegation time Alan.

Newcastle are only 2 points above 19th and 18th, but have these fixtures in the second half of the season...

Villa (a)

Chelsea (h)

Spurs (a)

Kharkiv (h)

Kharkiv (a)

Southampton (h)

Swansea (a)

Stoke (h)

Wigan (a)

Man City (a)

Fulham (h)

Sunderland (h)

West Brom (a)

Liverpool (h)

West Ham (a)

QPR (a)

Arsenal (h)

They haven't won an away game all season, and only scored 14 goals in 12 homes games all season.

Ba - 13

Cisse - 6

Shola Ameobi - 3

Ben Arfa - 3

Cabaye - 3

Marveaux - 2

I can see a problem with that leading scorer list. The top bit is missing and the rest of it is fucking shit. (except for Cisse, but he's not having a nice time).

It's relegation time Alan.

fucking hope so, i hate pardew and i'd love us to snap up cabaye

Newcastle are supposed to be getting Yanga Mbiwa as well (a defender from Montpellier, he's been highly rated in the past couple of season) for only 7M or so and another young French lad.. Now I here they're in for Moussa Sissoko for probably a pretty low fee, we should be in for him as well.. We don't have any real muscle in the middle.

Newcastle are only 2 points above 19th and 18th' date=' but have these fixtures in the second half of the season...

Villa (a)

Chelsea (h)

Spurs (a)

Kharkiv (h)

Kharkiv (a)

Southampton (h)

Swansea (a)

Stoke (h)

Wigan (a)

Man City (a)

Fulham (h)

Sunderland (h)

West Brom (a)

Liverpool (h)

West Ham (a)

QPR (a)

Arsenal (h)

Ba - 13

Cisse - 6

Shola Ameobi - 3

Ben Arfa - 3

Cabaye - 3

Marveaux - 2

It's relegation time Alan.[/quote']

Their defence is pathetic and it was the one area that needed addressing which they have done.Williamson is one of the worst defenders I have seen ever play in the premiership,and with the new signing he won't be near the team.Reckon they will stay up unfortunately as I fucking despise them.

That Williamson is gash. Their whole defense is rubbish though to be fair, especially now that Coloccini's heart isn't in it. Cisse is alright but a bit overrated (like Jelavic) on the back of his purple patch when he first signed. Their scouts really need to try a different market for a change.

That Williamson is gash. Their whole defense is rubbish though to be fair, especially now that Coloccini's heart isn't in it. Cisse is alright but a bit overrated (like Jelavic) on the back of his purple patch when he first signed. Their scouts really need to try a different market for a change.

Yeah. Newcastle are in trouble, but will stay up (unfortunately), and I reckon that they'll keep getting better if they keep signing decent footballers from France on the cheap.

Granted, Oily Pardew might have to learn French.

That Williamson is gash. Their whole defense is rubbish though to be fair' date=' especially now that Coloccini's heart isn't in it. Cisse is alright but a bit overrated (like Jelavic) on the back of his purple patch when he first signed. Their scouts really need to try a different market for a change.[/quote']

They need to try something different to what delivered their best season in a decade? That's FSG logic right there.