You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfers 2013

Gym Beglin

Are you taking the piss? Nigeria is not the capital of Africa. It's not the capital of anywhere because it's not even a city ya twat.

Here's a simple rule of thumb for you: when a place name ends in 'ia' it means it's obviously an Eastern European state; CroatIA, SlovakIA, RussIA etc. Nigeria is on the Baltic Sea, bordered by Latvia to the south and India and California to the north and west.

A good post in full.

Not sure about the first bit here. Does Nigeria have a cathedral? Pretty sure its a city.

Your theory on IA endings does seem to have some palpable credence. However, it does fall down with Nova Scotia. Which I believe is African for New Scotland.

A good post in full.

Not sure about the first bit here. Does Nigeria have a cathedral? Pretty sure its a city.

Your theory on IA endings does seem to have some palpable credence. However, it does fall down with Nova Scotia. Which I believe is African for New Scotland.

No, you are thinking of a basilica which is in Rome. Rome is indeed a city because it hasn't got a basilicia since the fall of communism when it was Romania. Same thing with Scotland where communism faded out after Karl Mac was overthrown.

Are you taking the piss? Nigeria is not the capital of Africa. It's not the capital of anywhere because it's not even a city ya twat.

Here's a simple rule of thumb for you: when a place name ends in 'ia' it means it's obviously an Eastern European state; CroatIA, SlovakIA, RussIA etc. Nigeria is on the Baltic Sea, bordered by Latvia to the south and India and California to the north and west.

whoosh.gif

The Telegraph are reporting that Liverpool have made an initial offer of £8m for Inter Milan midfielder, Philippe Coutinho.

Bascombe says Rodgers' interest in Coutinho stems from his frustration in not being able to sign Thomas Ince from Blackpool this window.

Why go for Ince first?Coutinho is class.

Any one know if he is getting games this season?

The Telegraph are reporting that Liverpool have made an initial offer of £8m for Inter Milan midfielder, Philippe Coutinho.

Bascombe says Rodgers' interest in Coutinho stems from his frustration in not being able to sign Thomas Ince from Blackpool this window.

Very exciting if true!

He looked class around the time Rafa was in charge of Inter, when they played Spurs in Champions League and did well at Espanyol last season but he struggles to get in Inter's team when they are a bit shite which raises concerns, still only 20 though

Guest Numero Veinticinco
How much more would he cost? I remember seeing him come on for Inter as a substitute in the Club World Cup I think. Wasn't there an issue with Inter trying to sell him and Rafa wanted to keep him? Hadn't heard much from him since then.

If it was me, I'd not sell for less than 15m

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I know nothing about this Coutinho lad.

Proper low center of gravity. I don't think it's an understatement to say he has as much dribbling skill as Suarez and Messi. Unfortunately, like many others who have that level of dribbling quality, the end product isn't anything like Messi or Suarez. Still, I think he's only 19, so you can't really judge on that just yet.

He'd be infinitely preferable to Ince, IMO. He's quick in all the ways Downing isn't. Accelerates like an F1 car. The definition of lightweight, though.

Proper low center of gravity. I don't think it's an understatement to say he has as much dribbling skill as Suarez and Messi. Unfortunately, like many others who have that level of dribbling quality, the end product isn't anything like Messi or Suarez. Still, I think he's only 19, so you can't really judge on that just yet.

He'd be infinitely preferable to Ince, IMO. He's quick in all the ways Downing isn't. Accelerates like an F1 car. The definition of lightweight, though.

Oh, cool. Sign him up.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Oh, cool. Sign him up.

You know that kid at school, who was a proper fancy footed fucker, but could just be knocked over by sneezing next to him? That's Coutinho. (To be sung to 'That's Amore').

He was a few years ago rated like Lucas Moura was last season and Neymar is now. The next best player ever to kick a football but won't actually be. I posted videos over at the other place.