You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eng U21 Serbia fight

Jennings

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a statement on their website' date=' the Serbian FA said: "(The) FA of Serbia absolutely refuses (sic) and denies that there were any occurrences of racism before and during the match at the stadium in Krusevac.

"Making connection between the seen incident - a fight between members of the two teams - and racism has absolutely no ground and we consider it to be a total malevolence."

________

That is quite incredible when you consider you could see and hear it all coming across on TV.[/quote']

I think we should enforce a no fly zone over Serbia.

The square headed cunts.

You have to question the referee as well, if you are going to book a player for kicking the ball away after the game, but not any of the players involved in the brawl, or those running after him and smacking him, you really do need to be brought to task.

I reckon a disqualification for England and a suspension of chocolate rations for the Serbs is inevitable, if they are really serious it might result in the naughty step, but I can't see them going that far!

They may as well have released a statement saying 'And what the fuck are you going to do about it?'

Fair play to them I say.

A country ravaged by horrific fighting, genocide, torture, I dont think they-a give a fuck sir. FIFA and all its bollocks, why should anyone listen to them, ever. They dont own football. They think they do, we kind of let them, but the way they act is just as dastardly as what went on yesterday.

I dont condone racism by the way, but this is the sort of chin dribbling forum where you feel the need to state that clearly, and even then people will probably consider me a racist.

But...I simply view it as name calling. No different to thousands of opposition fans saying anything offensive to any player, for any reason. It's no reason to stop a game, it's no reason to walk off the field, well, no MORE of a reason to walk off the field than Gerrard being slaughtered about the baby not being his.

And, to be fair to the Serbians (for the time being), the only bit of racist-related antics that have been captured on camera so far seem to have been Danny Rose's impression of Ian Brown. Again, just saying what I'm seeing.

There's still a lot of racism going on with supporters from Italy, Spain, Russia, for example.

I dont condone racism by the way, but this is the sort of chin dribbling forum where you feel the need to state that clearly, and even then people will probably consider me a racist.

But...I simply view it as name calling. No different to thousands of opposition fans saying anything offensive to any player, for any reason. It's no reason to stop a game, it's no reason to walk off the field, well, no MORE of a reason to walk off the field than Gerrard being slaughtered about the baby not being his.

And, to be fair to the Serbians (for the time being), the only bit of racist-related antics that have been captured on camera so far seem to have been Danny Rose's impression of Ian Brown. Again, just saying what I'm seeing.

There's still a lot of racism going on with supporters from Italy, Spain, Russia, for example.

Idiot.

I simply view [racism] as name calling

And the fact that not 20 years ago the Serbs racistly murdered tens of thousands of people and forced hundreds of thousands more from their homes doesn't, perhaps, tinge it with any kind of menace?

Riiiight.

Guest ShoePiss
As someone who has spent a LOT of time in Eastern Europe. No, I don't find that at all... and definitely not in the Balkans.

Racism? I've found Russians the worst of the bunch for that.

Now, about those Serbs...

Racism is still a huge problem in many countries.

Unfortunately there is very little Fifa and Uefa can do about it. Banning teams from competitive matches and tournaments would be a start, or at the very least forcing these teams to play all their home games behind closed doors?

Even this wouldn't actually solve the problem of racism, but merely cover it up and protect players from this kind of abuse. Until these countries become integrated multicultural society's racism will continue throughout.

It's almost as if UEFA haven't even watched what happened, and is yet another example of how the game's authorities always get their priorities wrong. It doesn't seem to matter what level either.

BBC Sport - England and Serbia charged by Uefa after racism claims

England and Serbia charged by Uefa after racism claims

Uefa has charged the Football Associations of England and Serbia in the wake of Tuesday's Under-21 match.

The Serbian FA has been charged with alleged racist chanting by fans and both associations over the behaviour of players at the end of the game.

Violent scenes erupted shortly after Connor Wickham scored in the 90th minute to give England a 1-0 win.

The cases will be discussed at the next ordinary hearing of the Uefa Control and Disciplinary Body on 22 November.

A Uefa statement read: "Uefa has opened disciplinary proceedings against both the Football Association of Serbia (FSS) and England's Football Association (FA) following a number of incidents during and after England's 1-0 win over Serbia in the 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championship play-off second leg at the Mladost stadium in Krusevac on Tuesday 16 October 2012.

"Regarding alleged racist chanting, UEFA will instigate proceedings against the FSS over the misconduct of their supporters during and at the end of the match. Proceedings will also be instigated against the FSS for the improper conduct of the Serbia players at the end of the match.

"UEFA will also commence proceedings against the FA for the improper conduct of the England players at the end of the match."

I know this'll sound bonkers but I think the racism should be dealt separately from the violence shown by the team/coaches. Although for the Serbs to blame Rose for that is off the scale. The violence though is clear to see and there can be no justification for it, the racism will be a he said she said argument unless it was clearly caught on the cameras.

There's a lovely video on youtube that clearly proves there were dozens, if not hundreds of them dishing out the monkey chants, (which peaked when Rose was walking off and he did his gesture to them by the way) thanks to someone filming from that very section.There's lots of shouting and that as well but I have no idea what is being said, but you can guess at least some of it was racial abuse as well. I'll see if I can dig it up...

And the fact that not 20 years ago the Serbs racistly murdered tens of thousands of people and forced hundreds of thousands more from their homes doesn't, perhaps, tinge it with any kind of menace?

Riiiight.

Yes because all serbs are racists, right?

Just like all British are alcoholic paedophiles and child murderers.

I'm with Rio Ferdinand on this matter. Sort your own house first.

Yes because all serbs are racists, right?

Just like all British are alcoholic paedophiles and child murderers.

I'm with Rio Ferdinand on this matter. Sort your own house first.

Eastern Europe, and places like Serbia and Poland, Russia and Ukraine in particular are extraordinarily racist countries and cultures, and far worse than the UK.

This is fact.

Eastern Europe, and places like Serbia and Poland, Russia and Ukraine in particular are extraordinarily racist countries and cultures, and far worse than the UK.

This is fact.

Didn t know Poland was but I know the other three are without doubt.

Russia is by far the worst and they have a severe problem with it.

My neighbour is Serbian and he has always quietly maintained that his home country is living in the dark ages in some respects. The racism being a prime example. He wasn't surprised in the slightest by the goings on, although he is ashamed of it. I suppose that's one of the reasons he moved......

But I've been around some of his Serbian mates at a barbecue, and they were openly racist. They're brought up that way, it's a hard cycle to break.