You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Allen thread

MLB

I wish people would stop bigging him up, sayiny he's "fucking class", calling him the 'Welsh Xavi' and actually judged what he has done on the pitch for us - which is very little.

We all hope he improves, we all hope Borini does, we hoped Josemi, Voronin and many others did as well. Shame is, we can only judge what we see and thus far he's been disappointing, as was Sahin.

I'm sure he will play better, it would help if we stopped playing him as a defensive midfielder. But I wouldn't pick him over any of our other three centre midfielders - as they all offer more and Allen has everything to prove.

He is fucking class. You just don't fancy him cause he's not big and strong like Jordy boy.

So? Sahin was the fucking attacking midfielder, closing down their bloody fullbacks. If Xabi did that, everybody would be going 'what?'. By the way, I think Xabi and Allen would be a great combination. However, if it turns out that rather than playing them together we get Xabi closing down the opposition's left back, things are liable to go a tad wonky. Not because I was wrong when I said Xabi's a good player, but because we spazzed out and didn't play him where we should have. Total waste of a player, I'm not shocked he got pissed off. So did Xabi, BTW.

Sorry, you'll have to forgive me.  I was under the mistaken impression that I knew something about football and was joining in the discussion.  In this instance, and every other henceforth, I'll defer to your impressive and superior knowledge of football players around the globe.  I'll pay close attention to your analysis and particularly transfer suggestions, with your stunning hit rate of only one fuck up per ten transfers made.  Now where were we again?  Oh yeah, Sahin and Allen didn't work out.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He is fucking class. You just don't fancy him cause he's not big and strong like Jordy boy.

I'm just going to come out and say it... buy Fernando and play a flat midfield three of Allen, Henderson, and Fernando. Then a front three of Sturridge, Suarez, and Coutinho. Just saying.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Sorry, you'll have to forgive me.  I was under the mistaken impression that I knew something about football and was joining in the discussion.  In this instance, and every other henceforth, I'll defer to your impressive and superior knowledge of football players around the globe.  I'll pay close attention to your analysis and particularly transfer suggestions, with your stunning hit rate of only one fuck up per ten transfers made.  Now where were we again?  Oh yeah, Sahin and Allen didn't work out.

What are you banging on about now? Superior knowledge? Complex much?

Sahin and Allen didn't work out in the same way that Messi and Ronaldo hasn't worked out. It didn't happen, so it can't have. It doesn't mean it wouldn't have.

What are you banging on about now? Superior knowledge? Complex much?

Sahin and Allen didn't work out in the same way that Messi and Ronaldo hasn't worked out. It didn't happen, so it can't have. It doesn't mean it wouldn't have.

Yeah, you're right.  Sahin and Allen was top.  Messi and Ronaldo, are they any good?  I haven't heard of either.

Yeah, I can see that too. Maybe, if we're honest... I dunno, his performances in Germany before and after we got him suggest he is, at the very least, a CL player, if not a CL winning player. Maybe he was a bit too good for us to play him out of position. We seemed to beg him to come, then fuck him about with game time when he got here.

Taking the red tinted specs off i'd probably agree with that, but since I'd cut off my left bollock to pull on a red shirt it pisses me off to see people not really giving a fuck.

Maybe he wasn't quite what we expected him to be when we signed him, like unfit and a shit trainer. I don't know if that was the case but there must have been a reason Rodgers didn't really fancy a player of his class, considering he pulled so hard for him to come here.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah, you're right.  Sahin and Allen was top.  Messi and Ronaldo, are they any good?  I haven't heard of either.

You're not getting this. I'll say it one last time, I'm not saying it was 'top' I'm saying it didn't happen so we can't know either way. What we do know, though, is that Sahin has gone back to being one of the top players in his position in Europe, just as he was before. You might think that in some way discredits me from giving opinion on Lucas or a replacement, but that's your misreading of what I said. Every word of which I stick by.

I think Henderson is a much better player, yes.

Well, you're wrong. He's bigger and stronger and runs around a lot. That's about it. Actually, he's a better shot of the football.

Passing, tackling, interceptions, ball retention, skill, ability...Allen wins in all of those categories.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Well, you're wrong. He's bigger and stronger and runs around a lot. That's about it. Actually, he's a better shot of the football.

Passing, tackling, interceptions, ball retention, skill, ability...Allen wins in all of those categories.

Reckon they can play together, Moof?

People do realise Allen has been carrying a shoulder injury since last November which required surgery?

The link below shows the player liverpool bought and the player Allen was in the twelve month before his injury. Perhaps we should take note of Wengers patience with Arron Ramsey after injury. Will we give Allen the same patience and time? Reading this thread i very much doubt it.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=wal/news/newsid=1875036.html

Why do people do this? Bring up shit people have said in the past. I'm sure everyone on this forum has been wrong plenty of fucking times.

Allen is ace btw. Far better player than almost anybody gives him credit for.

I actually think the only time i've ever been wrong is with Henderson. Honest.

Thats why i'm the best person in the world universe.

I like Allen and I am 100% certain that he will be absolutely ace for us.

I like Henderson. He has been very important for us in the start of the season, and he is going to be a key player for us in the coming years.

I used to like Lucas. I am not certain that he will be ace for us again, but I haven't ruled out the possibility.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Lucas would be immense for Dortmund - probably player of the year...

That's almost certainly true. But the question remains, which of Sven Bender, Gundogan and Kehl will he oust first? 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He'll oust them all first? Hmn. It's undoubted that he's better than all of them, but I was just wondering which he'd embarrass into retirement first.