You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Allen thread

MLB

Don't be a wanker just because you like Henderson and Lucas more

I only asked a question, not need for abuse.

He was tidy on the ball, for me Coutinho was the one unlocking the tight defence, not Allen.

You mean you didn't see for yourself?

I mean seriously mate, how can you not see the difference between what Allen did today and what Lucas usually does?!

Yes I watched it, he was tidy on the ball and did well - some of the praise is embarrasing though you would have thought we had Souness in midfield today.

I haven't even mentioned Lucas in this thread, not sure why you are bringing him up.

I think Lucas is a better DM.  Allen for me is better used as a box to box midfielder, a role I hope he gets now Gerrard is injured and he can partner Lucas.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The praise is embarrassing? It should be a hint that you're missing something when just about everybody is eulogising about the performance. I'm on my phone at the minute, so can't type much. Back on later.

The praise is embarrassing? It should be a hint that you're missing something when just about everybody is eulogising about the performance. I'm on my phone at the minute, so can't type much. Back on later.

Over praise is embarrassing, like saying he's the "Welsh Xavi".

Why can't people just say he played well and hope he can keep it going?  

One thing about Allen, he certainly has bulked up a little since joining us last season, that should help him if he is going to play DM for us more.  He wasn't brushed a side today, like he was last season by Diame - which is a big positive.

One thing about Allen, he certainly has bulked up a little since joining us last season, that should help him if he is going to play DM for us more.  He wasn't brushed a side today, like he was last season by Diame - which is a big positive.

Agree there kills players progression

LFD i think you either have an agenda against Allen or you really don't now what your talking about.

Lucas has been terrible for a while, Allen played his role today and played it superbly. Then after that he was moved further forward because of Gerrard and to put the "better DM" Lucas into his normal role.

Allen played really well when further forward too.

Lucas was slow as fuck again in his DM position, gave away the ball for the goal for no reason. then he hammers nolan on the edge of the area....for again being slow as fuck.

No doubt Jaih-ho and TKMAX will neg me for this, but i don't give a fuck. We saw today what a team without Lucas can do......

Then in the same game we saw what a team with Lucas does.........and it wasnt good viewing for a while there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LFD i think you either have an agenda against Allen or you really don't now what your talking about.

I have one agenda - that's for LFC to be successful.  

I don't care if we have Lucas, Henderson, Allen, Gerrard or even Spearing in CM if we win.  I rate some players over others, but I have no agenda and I have said today Allen played well.  But he was not excellent, no one on the pitch for us was today.

I disagree that Lucas has been "terrible" for a while.  Doesn't mean I'll say you have an agenda or don't know what you're talking about - it is merely a difference of opinion, in  a game about opinions.

The reason i said you don't knwo what your talking about is because you couldn't visibly see the difference between Allen at DM and Lucas at DM.....

It was fucking glaring today

It was one game against a poor team.

Lucas looked great vs Palace, Fulham and West Brom at home.  

I don't judge players on one game.  I'm not saying Lucas is perfect, I'd like to see an improvement bought for him.  I just think he's a better DM than Allen, based on what I've seen since Allen has been at the club.  I'm not going to change that opinion after one game.

Credit for today, he was good - now let's hope he can keep it up.

• Upvote 1

It was one game against a poor team.

Lucas looked great vs Palace, Fulham and West Brom at home.  

I don't judge players on one game.  I'm not saying Lucas is perfect, I'd like to see an improvement bought for him.  I just think he's a better DM than Allen, based on what I've seen since Allen has been at the club.  I'm not going to change that opinion after one game.

Credit for today, he was good - now let's hope he can keep it up.

For me its not even the fact it was Allen, it was the fact we had somebody else other than Lucas for a change.

There will be better players than both Lucas and Allen for that role, but its plain to see, when we do have a guy performing better in that role what the team can do as a unit.

Oh and Lucas has only ever been great before he got injured, for those few months he was awesome, the rest of the time he has been one paced and uncomfortable on the ball. Unable to pass it forwards soon enough or run with the ball and attack space.

That's not quite right mate. He is an intelligent player but due to him wanting to move us on when he gets the ball he will always turn to face the opposition, sometimes getting caught.

It happened today just the once but he didn't hide. He never does.

Who did you think he was on about? We was on about Sterling mate, incase you didn't realise.

I did not say he was the 'Welsh Xavi' and therefore did not overpraise him. I don't see why you're getting so het up about this.

and you say I have an agenda?!

There is no agenda on my part, i wanted Lucas to come back from that injury the same player but sadly he hasnt (so far).

I said in other threads that he needs competition for his place and we need to see what somebody else can do in that role and how it might improve the team overall.

Today we finally got that.

Lucas is finally getting competition on his place and hopefully this will make him improve as well.

There is no agenda on my part, i wanted Lucas to come back from that injury the same player but sadly he hasnt (so far).

I said in other threads that he needs competition for his place and we need to see what somebody else can do in that role and how it might improve the team overall.

Today we finally got that.

Lucas is finally getting competition on his place and hopefully this will make him improve as well.

Fair enough.

I think the main difference today was Coutinho was central and he makes us tick and when central to our play we look a much better team.  We did at the end of last season when Suarez was injured and he was behind Sturridge and today he controlled the game for me.

Don't think whoever played out of Lucas / Allen would have made a difference.

There is no hope LFD, im never going to get you to see what you should be seeing.

If you can't see what Allen did differently today compared to Lucas then you never will

He was more mobile, but I think Lucas is better defensively.

But today Allen did his job defensive, won the ball 8 times which was the most in the team and I have no complaints with him defensively today.

In the next game we'll probably see Lucas and Allen together and I think it will benefit both players.  Lucas will have more energy from Allen than Gerrard has been able to give.  Allen gets to play his best role as the box to box player.

Don't be a wanker just because you like Henderson and Lucas more

Allen showed Lucas how that role was meant to be played today. He goes forward with the ball, passing and running. He is much quicker to press than lucas as well.

Lucas was at fault for they're goal for being too fucking slow as usual. In fact at 2-1 he gave a blatent foul on the edge of our area, again for being too slow in the tackle and just wiping nolan out.

Lucas should be worried, and about fucking time as well

No need for the personal abuse because he has a different opinion to you.

You massive fucking cunt.

• Upvote 1