You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Uruguay vs Senegal with african side 2-0 up though down to ten men due to a foul on our current number 7.

Predictably the entire crowd at wembley are booing Luis Suarez, the level of power the media have in this country is sickening. When most people hear the name Suarez they think rascist. So tiresome.

Also Coates is looking very ring rusty/slow, I'm starting to wonder if the rave reviews he gained at the copa america were derived in part frmo the fact he was up against more static but technical forward lines. I haven't seen a great deal of him so I hope this is not the case.

Predictably the entire crowd at wembley are booing Luis Suarez, the level of power the media have in this country is sickening. When most people hear the name Suarez they think rascist. So tiresome.

Still at it, the mongs. Any hope that the vitriol against Luis might fade somewhat this coming season looks forlorn if an Olympic crowd are like this.

Also Coates is looking very ring rusty/slow, I'm starting to wonder if the rave reviews he gained at the copa america were derived in part frmo the fact he was up against more static but technical forward lines. I haven't seen a great deal of him so I hope this is not the case.

In one on ones where he needs to make a tackle or win a header he is excellent, positionally he still has a lot to learn, likewise in his decision making in possession.

Watching Uruguay vs Senegal with african side 2-0 up though down to ten men due to a foul on our current number 7.

I just hope the clumsy Senegalese shithouses don't break Suarez's leg in half.

Are these African twats for real? Olympic spirit my arse, the dirty cunts.

As for the booing, I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of people telling Suarez to keep quiet about it. I hope all of that FA panel are happy, they've ruined the life of a young man.

Watched the second half of the Uruguay game, and both Suarez and Coates had displays similar to some of their displays for us last season. Suarez missed a couple of great chances but provided Uruguay's only consistent attacking threat. Coates showed some clumsy decision making but was also prepared to play out from the back. Cavani looked like he couldn't be arsed, and I didn't notice Ramirez all that much.

Just saw the red card incident again, and having watched Senegal in that second half, they very much remind me of Cameroon circa-1990. Some very good play combined with absolutely brutal, over-physical defending. Their commitment and exuberance gets the better of them all too often.

Spain really lost their heads towards the end there. Muniain was lucky not to get a second yellow because he definitely barged the referee after Spain were denied a penalty. Saying that, his earlier booking was born of understandable frustration because the replay showed that Adrian had made no contact with the Honduras goalkeeper at all, yet the keeper feigned a head injury, then started rolling around about 20 seconds after whatever contact he deemed there to be. I have no time for shithousery of that sort, and his teammates were no better either. That blert by the corner flag rolled back onto the pitch about a minute or so after the foul was given, in an attempt to get an opponent booked.

Spain were their own worst enemy, and gave those who hate tiki-taka a reason to hate it even more. It is very effective - as Spain's full international side and Barcelona have shown - if you include a clinical and ruthless edge. Occasionally, those sides have overdone the intricate stuff and tried to score the perfect goal and come unstuck, and that is the biggest problem with teams trying to copy that approach. They forget that the main purpose is to score goals and beat teams even if it occasionally means a more direct approach, and instead concentrate too hard on trying to look good.

I watched the other game mainly, and it was a quality goal by Sturridge to round things off for GB. He has a lot of ability and gets his fair share of goals, and no doubt a Youtube video would show him to be an extremely dangerous player. I've seen him play a fair bit and it's amazing how often he takes the wrong option, be it turning the wrong way, holding onto the ball too long, or trying the impossible shot. I suppose you can't fault him for wanting to make an impact in games, but I bet he's frustrating to work with for coaches. If a coach can get into his head and improve his decision-making and game intelligence, they'll have a player who'd be a real handful for even the best defences.

I don't think Allen is anywhere near worth the amounts being quoted in the media, but his game today had definite shades of Alonso about it. It's hard to explain but there was something about his movement in and around midfield that was very reminiscent of the bearded maestro, and in the spells where GB retained possession, it was Allen that was able to dictate the tempo.

Japan morocco was pretty grim but Spain Honduras was great. Only skimmed trumos post as I'm on the phone but Spain really spent far too much time pissing about and turned a fairly neutral crowd firmly in favour of Honduras by behaving more and more shit house as they got frustrated.

Ive had an ace time. Brazil game next on Wednesday.

Been to Old Trafford today to watch Brazil and had a boss time. Great atmosphere, cracking game and some superb goals; especially the opening Belarussian one.

Neymar certainly looks a player, I have to add. Didn't really do much first half, but really came to light in the second. His feet and turn of pace are just unreal and the free-kick he hit was superb. My mate was videoing it on his phone as he predicted it was going in and as it went in, all you could hear was me making some vaguely sexual moan similar to the one Gary Nevilla let slip when Torres scored for Chelsea in the Nou Camp! Probably though the only criticism I have of the lad is his decision-making as there were a couple of times when he held on to the ball far too long when a pass was a better option, but he's still young and I'm sure that will come with experience.

Oh and I would also like to add that Brazilian woman are unbelievable. If I lived in that country, I'm sure I'd be locked up! Me and my mates were having a few sly glances and made a pact there and then to get to the 2014 World Cup by hook or by crook!

The power of the media is insane , it truly is unreal how they can brainwash so many with whatever bullshit they want.

Its so predictable that big bad Suarez will play a big part in knocking GB out i can see it coming from a mile off , he'll probably score the winner and then be crucified even more (if thats possible) by journalists, fans and other thick wankers who jump on the bandwagon.

Guest ShoePiss

I remember some people on here trying to say that the whole Suarez witch hunt thing would die down and fans wouldn't be booing him. They either weren't around or have forgotten how John Barnes was booed at every game for months on end by shithouse fuckheads from shit towns up and down the country.