You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gylfi Sigurdsson

marcus50bucks

I'm sure Horrenderson will be just mortified that I described him as a football abortion as he lies on an enormous pile of money, some of it mine, being fellated by beauties while catching flies in his big mong mouth and chuckling quietly to himself over how he's got away with impersonating a footballer for so long.

Have a word with yourself...

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Horrenderson will be just mortified that I described him as a football abortion as he lies on an enormous pile of money, some of it mine, being fellated by beauties while catching flies in his big mong mouth and chuckling quietly to himself over how he's got away with impersonating a footballer for so long.

How fucking old are you? Or is it just that you're a massive cock? That'd probably explain your abortion of a post.

I really think we've dragged our feet because of the situation with the "on loan" players. If we are destined to have both Cole and Aquilani on the books, it makes for a crowded and expensive midfield array.

Personally, iI find it hard to see what he'd add next season and Id like to see Shelvey given more playing time.

We need to add goals otherwise we'll repeat last season.

Guest San Don
Henderson is shit.

Beyond that, I have no interest in the discussion above.

I'd just point out you were likely saying the same thing about Lucas 2 years ago.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'd just point out you were likely saying the same thing about Lucas 2 years ago.

I said Konchesky was shit two years ago.

Guest San Don
I would like to know who pulled the plug on this.

If Rodgers has decided he isn't worth the wage he was asking,fair enough.

If he really was Rodgers' number one target and Ayre or FSG have failed to back their choice of manager,there's a problem.

So you think we should pay him £70+k a week then?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
And events have proved what we all knew about him.

My point here is that none of these players have any impact on Henderson or whether he'll improve. He does need to improve though, because he has been the footballing equivalent or a rich-tea biscuit.

The fact that we seem to have lost him because of his wage demands are not the thing that is worrying me most. The fact that we don't seem to be linked with anyone else, so therefore our number one target is going else where is really worrying me.

Guest ShoePiss
I would like to know who pulled the plug on this.

If Rodgers has decided he isn't worth the wage he was asking,fair enough.

If he really was Rodgers' number one target and Ayre or FSG have failed to back their choice of manager,there's a problem.

I don't think we'll find out but how we do by the close of the window may give us more of a clue.

Guest San Don
My point here is that none of these players have any impact on Henderson or whether he'll improve. He does need to improve though, because he has been the footballing equivalent or a rich-tea biscuit.

My point is, the illiterate were falling over themselves to say how shit Lucas was, how he'd never be anything with LFC. They then claimed they always said Lucas would come good blah, blah, blah.

All Im saying is Henderson is 22 and one season is too quick to write him off.

Not neccessarily but if the manager thinks he's worth that,who in the hierarchy of the club has the football knowledge to say he isn't?

Our history has shown managers have consistently given players wages in excess of what they should have been given. Then, we have trouble moving them on.

Im happy that we have stuck to our guns regarding wages for this particular player. If he doesnt want to play for the shirt, fine, sign for spurs and whoever their manager might be.

Couple of things nowhere has it been reported that he has been offered 70k by spurs. According to most people who know a bit more about spurs, they would be very suprised if that was the case.They think more around the 50k mark. It was started off by the lads at the echo it was 33% then 50% increase offered by spurs. It now seems gospel he was offered 70 k wages.

I think we could have easily withdrew our interest in the player without briefing the local media and with wild wage demands, just my view.

Liverpool had held extensive talks with the 22-year-old and put together a generous deal for a player of Sigurdsson’s experience.

Tottenham Hotspur have moved into pole position to sign the Icelandic midfielder after they agreed to match his salary requests.

That figure is believed to be nearly 50% more than what the Reds were willing to offer"

Read More Gylfi Sigurdsson ‘wild’ wage demands may end Liverpool FC move as Tottenham move in (VIDEO) - Liverpool FC News - Liverpool FC - Liverpool Echo

Read More Gylfi Sigurdsson ‘wild’ wage demands may end Liverpool FC move as Tottenham move in (VIDEO) - Liverpool FC News - Liverpool FC - Liverpool Echo

Last week, I thought he was a tremendous addition, integral to the manager's vision of a flowing passing side and a shrewd statement showing that a return to the Liverpool way was on the horizon.

Now, I'm not sure he was ever any good, that he's a mercenary and I'm glad we'll be focusing elsewhere.

There is no inconsistency.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
My point is, the illiterate were falling over themselves to say how shit Lucas was, how he'd never be anything with LFC. They then claimed they always said Lucas would come good blah, blah, blah.

All Im saying is Henderson is 22 and one season is too quick to write him off.

As somebody who always supported Lucas through the hard times, I'm not in that crew. However, him coming to a difference country, where he won the top individual honour, and learning a different position at a new club with a new language, is entirely different to Henderson.

Lucas has been thrown up for several players. Just because Lucas improved, it doesn't mean any other player will.

The owners pay players what they arent worth Ie Cole and Aquilani = Reckless

The owners then refuse to spend recklessly = They are trying to bankrupt the club

Great logic.

These owners weren't around when Cole and Aquilani signed.

Point is this though IMO - we don't really know the ins and outs of what's happened here, whether the decision to bail out was made on Rodgers' behalf or whether he was party to it. What we do know is that Rodgers wanted him here.

I think we're going to find out this summer though what we're dealing with. I think people are perfectly entitled to feel slighty nervy about developments around the Sigurdsson transfer, albeit with the caveat that we don't know what happened.

Whether he's worth 70k a week is a different matter entirely.

These owners weren't around when Cole and Aquilani signed.

Point is this though IMO - we don't really know the ins and outs of what's happened here, whether the decision to bail out was made on Rodgers' behalf or whether he was party to it. What we do know is that Rodgers wanted him here.

I think we're going to find out this summer though what we're dealing with. I think people are perfectly entitled to feel slighty nervy about developments around the Sigurdsson transfer, albeit with the caveat that we don't know what happened.

Whether he's worth 70k a week is a different matter entirely.

I knew someone would be a pedantic little shit and bring that up. My point was people have been saying how sick and tired they are of us as a club paying stupid wages for shit players.

Fair enough.

But when the owners refuse to sanction ridiculous wages to a 22 year old who had a good six months for Swansea the same people are getting restless and saying they are trying shaft us. It's fucking bollocks.

If they are trying to shaft us they wouldnt have spent so much money on managerial appointments and compensation. There is no basis to all of this apart from conjuncture and the people who have been involved with the owners and seen the changes they are implementing are saying they are serious about this.

It's not a different matter at all, people are using any excuse to kick off.