You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra

Barry! New fucking star although I much prefer that brandi myself. WTF she sees in that partner of hers god only knows!

Anyhoo, got to agree with the above comments.

Just seems some people want to have digs at our biggest servant, benitez, houllier, gerrard, carragher etc, etc. Its fucking boring!

Barry is fucking boss, just drives round in his cars and suave clothing. He definitely makes the show for me.

I'm not particularly bothered, but he is the vice-captain and longest serving player, I can see why people think what he has to say is important.

If he'd come out and said something outrageous like Henderson is a cunt and shouldn't be in the squad then, yes, I could understand the criticism.

I don't think Henderson is sat in his hotel hanging on Carragher's every word and I doubt he could care less. The fact that Carragher actually said nothing wrong makes the criticism even more ludicrous.

In terms of quality, there IS no-one on the bench to replace them. Whatever anyone's opinion on Henderson, or Jones, or Milner, they're all nowhere near as good as Gerrard or Parker. Nowhere near. So there's no-one on the bench who can come into the team and do the job to the same standard.

That's how I interpreted it, anyway.

In terms of quality, there IS no-one on the bench to replace them. Whatever anyone's opinion on Henderson, or Jones, or Milner, they're all nowhere near as good as Gerrard or Parker. Nowhere near. So there's no-one on the bench who can come into the team and do the job to the same standard.

That's how I interpreted it, anyway.

He's also got to be careful about coming across as too partisan. He'd get no end of grief if he did.

I'm not particularly bothered, but he is the vice-captain and longest serving player, I can see why people think what he has to say is important.

Exactly some people need to pull their cocks out of his arse crack and stop being drama queens whenever someone says something negative or even reasonable observations about his comments.

Hes put himself out there as a pundit of course we are going to take note note of what he says and want to discuss some of it.

Just thought he could of put some sort of positive spin on Henderson instead of screwing his face up and saying theres no-one to replace Parker and Gerrard.

You know, I think we are really, really close to resolving once and for all the following issues:

(a) Rafa's time at the club

(b) Carra's role behind the scenes

© Purslow's delusion's of grandeur

(d) FSG's strategy

(e) Alonso's treatment

(f) Kenny's sacking

(g) Rodger's appointment

(h) Hodgson's time here

(i) How legendary a certain player may or may not be

I think a couple more pages of hard work here, and I truly think all of the above are finally going to be laid to rest. I can't imagine any situation where anyone will ever need to mention them again, if the next two or three pages of discussion go to plan. THis is how momentous this thread has become. I'm quivering right now at the sheer enormity of the achievement we have collaborated on here today.

Come on guys, we can do it! A few more well-reasoned responses, and we have cured LFC! The time is ours. We are the pinnacle of human endeavour. I remain quivering with excitement.

I agree with that.

I've been talking with some gents from CERN and they're calculating that this will likelynreach a conclusion at 08.28 on 18 July 2012, but only if this posting volume remains constant.

Guest TK-421

So there's NOBODY who can do the job Scott Fuckin' Parker does? He's a unique talent in the English game, yeah? What a load of shit.

See when they were talking about Gerrard and Parker getting rested.

Carra saying theres nothing on the bench to replace them with , which is probably true , Henderson is poor but surely you should stick up for your team mate ? or at least make an attempt to spin it a bit in Hendersons favour ?

From the man who said

Nice read but its really clutching at straws trying to spin it into something positive regarding Henderson.

It's your type that has a problem with Carragher the man, and not the footballer.

From the man who said

It's your type that has a problem with Carragher the man, and not the footballer.

Because there's no difference between a random fan posting on an internet forum and the clubs vice-captain is there?

Its like comparing Silverlining calling Henderson shit to Brendan Rodgers calling one of our players shit.

Because there's no difference between a random fan posting on an internet forum and the clubs vice-captain is there?

Its like comparing Silverlining calling Henderson shit to Brendan Rodgers calling one of our players shit.

I don't care. You don't get to jump to the defense of a player you've called shit all season, just because someone hasn't licked their hole on telly.

I don't care. You don't get to jump to the defense of a player you've called shit all season, just because someone hasn't licked their hole on telly.

He's not defending him though, he accepted that what Carragher was saying was accurate. His argument is that the vice captain and ambassador of the club should not be belittling one of his team mates on national TV. It has nothing to do with Henderson's ability or how good you think he is.

Brilliant, if he hailed Henderson as immense back up he'd get criticised for that aswell. Do some of you pricks not realise how sad it is, sat at the tv desperately waiting for a club legend to slip up so you can pounce? He's a shit footballer now, that should be peoples problem with him not all this other crap.

He was just being honest. Lets face it not taking that slack jawed manc - Carrick seems like a glaring omission now. Henderson's no where near ready, although hes still just 22 and has time on his side.

Carrick didn't want to be on the standby list though, so its his fault really. He said he didn't want to be sitting on the subs bench, so basically he wanted to be a guaranteed starter or he wasn't going. He didn't anticipate injuries to Barry and Lampard so totally his fault.

Hodgson's options were limited, how many other English CM's are available?

Take Wilshere, Lampard and Barry out because of injuries. Cleverly too because he missed most of the season.

There really aren't many options there.