You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra

It's not a big issue and Carra was correct in what he said but he should have been more diplomatic about a young team-mate. If one of our players was asked to be a pundit for a match where Carra was on the bench and said something similar about him then all hell would have broken loose.

"Yeah, he could rest Stevie and Jordan could cover with no problem whatsoever".

The snort of derision from Keane alone would probably cover the studio in snot.

Next; Xavi's okay but he's no Charlie Adam.

Hahahahaha. Quite.

The media is full of Henderson articles today. Mostly with pictures of him looking pensive, and outlining how most people didn't want him in the squad, or anywhere near the pitch, how he was an "easy target", "horribly inconsistent" and "hiding at times"

And quotes from poor old Horrenderson admitting that his season had been a "bit up and down" and "at times I have been disappointed with my performances and the way I have played"

"at times"!

Not half as disappointed as Liverpool fans. Nor, one suspects, half as often.

I don't want to slag Jordan off - I don't like my footballing views aligning with Joey Barton - and despite an underwhelming season I see some potential in him. But here in June 2012, he simply isn't as good as Steven Gerrard or Scott Parker. So from a tournament perspective, an injury to one of those players will weaken the England team, and Carra's comment is pretty uncontroversial really.

Guest TK-421
I don't want to slag Jordan off - I don't like my footballing views aligning with Joey Barton - and despite an underwhelming season I see some potential in him. But here in June 2012, he simply isn't as good as Steven Gerrard or Scott Parker. So from a tournament perspective, an injury to one of those players will weaken the England team, and Carra's comment is pretty uncontroversial really.

He could have been a bit more diplomatic about it.

Im also looking at parker's honours list. Major trophies; zero.

Hendo had already won more than parker has in his entire career.

He could have been a bit more diplomatic about it.

Im also looking at parker's honours list. Major trophies; zero.

Hendo had already won more than parker has in his entire career.

I think people are reading too much into a casual comment, Henderson despite being blamed for our entire debacle of a season by some of the best fans in the world isn't a patch on Gerrard, and I think Carragher was probably guilty of supporting Gerrard more than he was of denigrating Henderson.

Keane can fuck off, he was replaced by Matt Fucking Holland and they reached the knockout stages. So his snorts of derision would have been very funny to witness.

Hello mate, good to see you back in action on here.

A few points in reply to yours: if we start doing things because it's what man city do we're fucked.

Carragher WAS a top player, no doubt. But at the time he was awarded the new contract we weren't a top club. No champions league footy, new owners and Roy as manager.

The timing of it was terrible and we're suffering for it now. We have a player on big wages who has badly struggled to hold down a place since his new contract. It's simply a waste of resources, i don't see how people can view it any other way.

Hi mate, thanks. Football is al about overpaid stars, largesse, in all leagues. I don't want to see us waste money, but that's footie, millions are wasted every year.

If he's not worth 90k a week, what is he worth ? 60k in which case were talking about half a million a year, which in the grand scheme of things is a tiny fraction of the waste that goes on in our club and in many others.

He's a club legend, who has been lowly paid in his time, so I'd say fair play to him he's earned his big final pay day.

I'm more concerned thatFSG sort out the real problem we have which is generating revenue. Since Sir John left, Peter Robunson and then Parry have failed to cash in on the name and exploiting the far east, merchandising, partnership deals, naming rights and delivering the stadium etc so let Carra have his money, he's earnt it.

Guest TK-421

I think your math are a bit out, mate.

I just think it was bad timing and irrational. I said so at the time and nothing that has happened since has altered that stance.

I think your math are a bit out, mate.

I just think it was bad timing and irrational. I said so at the time and nothing that has happened since has altered that stance.

I wonder did you say the same thing when Rafa signed his big contract in the midst of boardroom turmoil?

Guest TK-421
I wonder did you say the same thing when Rafa signed his big contract in the midst of boardroom turmoil?

Rafa deserved his contract.

He underperformed (by his standards) afterwards and paid the ultimate price.

Not really comparable to an aging declining player getting a three year deal on the eve of the club being sold.

Rafa deserved his contract.

He underperformed (by his standards) afterwards and paid the ultimate price.

Not really comparable to an aging declining player getting a three year deal on the eve of the club being sold.

I think I read your comments wrong. I thought you were holding Carragher to blame for his contract and it appears that that isn't the case. As it shouldn't be.

He's not defending him though, he accepted that what Carragher was saying was accurate. His argument is that the vice captain and ambassador of the club should not be belittling one of his team mates on national TV. It has nothing to do with Henderson's ability or how good you think he is.

I think Carragher's a great pundit, but he is vice captain at Liverpool at the same time which he should remember in his role. He plays the straight-talking card, but then he'll always back Steven Gerrard no matter what because they're mates, but he won't give his other team mates the same luxury.

I remember Paul Merson slaughtering Glen Johnson on Soccer Saturday and Carragher's sat next to him sniggering.

I think Carragher's a great pundit, but he is vice captain at Liverpool at the same time which he should remember in his role. He plays the straight-talking card, but then he'll always back Steven Gerrard no matter what because they're mates, but he won't give his other team mates the same luxury.

I remember Paul Merson slaughtering Glen Johnson on Soccer Saturday and Carragher's sat next to him sniggering.

I don't think Carra was there when Merson said that, I may be wrong but I don't think your correct there

Rodgers knows.

I've also taken an interest in Jamie Carragher as a pundit!

"He is a wonderful character. We had a good chat after the press conference. He's a good guy. He's a wonderful representation of this club.

"This club is full of legends of the game and we've got two current ones in terms of Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher. I can relate to people like that - people who have passion for the club and the city.

"He takes a real interest in his football. He's got a real passion and love for it and I'm sure once his playing days are finished he'll move onto that side but for now he's still got a terrific contribution to make for us as a team and as a group.

"I am really looking forward to working with him."