You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm from Huyton you shower of twat plungers.

I'm young, handsome and I wear some seriously dapper threads.

Says you, Richie Runcorn!

You cheeky fucking cunt. I live about 20 miles from Runcorn. 20 fucking miles!

And yes. I know I'm a wool, albeit a suave one, but do not say I live in Runcorn.

It's boss when you hit someone who's arsed about being scouse with the 'wool gun'. I'm surprised there's not some kind of SS-style department which investigates your scouse heritage to see whether or not you should be considered acceptable for working in a Liverpool call centre.

"Eeeeeeee dats nor even Liverpooooooool!"

Like he gives a fuck, you tedious cunt.

I remember winding up some bootlehead by insisting that as he was living under Sefton Council he wasn't a scouser. I told him he was in the same boat as Southport and he was pyar plastic. He didn't like that.

The same would also work for Kirkby folk as its Knowsley

Fuck me, people from Kirkby arn't half touchy about living outside the city boundaries.

The fuckin wools.

Remember some lad from Birkenhead telling me in a thick scouse accent that he 'hated scousers'. Surreal.

Even weirder hearing Rock Ferry and Tranmere kids say they hate Birkenheaders (and vice versa). They often live within a couple of streets of each other.

So is anyone not from Liverpool a wool? Is the whole world wools apart from Scousers?

No, people who live near Liverpool from areas such as Widnes, Ormskirk, Runcorn etc... are wools. Someone from London, Birmingham etc... are out of towners.

There are various definitions of a wool :

Urban Dictionary: woolyback

Labour drafted into Liverpool Docks during the dockers strike, usualy came from smaller towns outside the city. They had to carry the woollen bales on their backs because they did not have the correct equipment for unloading ships.

It is generaly considered a form of insult by people from liverpool although most dont know what it means or where it comes from.

Or

Refers to someone living or originating from the following, surrounding places of Liverpool;

-Widnes

-St Helens

-Warrington

-Runcorn

These towns surround the outskirts of Liverpool, like Speke or Prescot for example. And it is found that many wools are 'plastic/plazzy scousers' and they put on fake scouse accents.