You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

16 hours ago, Anubis said:

The mind boggles.

Maybe it's the company's way of raising some money for bomber crews remembrance or it's a Lincolnshire company? People should stop looking to be horrified at every thing and anything.

EDIT: I did a bit of research and it turns out they're made with Spitfire Ale as an ingredient so the explanation is clear if she'd bothered to find out.

Regarding horses, a lad I used to work with was instrumental in the charity to get the horse memorial at the National Remembrance Garden. Fair play. Ive nothing against it even if Im not a 'horse' person.

It’s got nothing to do with raising money (nothing on their website below), so its just basically grifting off the Battle of Britain by calling it a memorial sausage. They could easily just have called it a Spitfire sausage.

It’s the use of memorial I object to. What a way to remember dead heroes.

Ill stick to a standing minutes silence, thanks.

https://www.rooksonline.co.uk/product/battle-of-britain-memorial-sausages/

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

It’s got nothing to do with raising money (nothing on their website below), so its just basically grifting off the Battle of Britain by calling it a memorial sausage. They could easily just have called it a Spitfire sausage.

It’s the use of memorial I object to. What a way to remember dead heroes.

Ill stick to a standing minutes silence, thanks.

https://www.rooksonline.co.uk/product/battle-of-britain-memorial-sausages/

Refer back to my edited post. Spitfire Ale ingredient, Spitfires fly with the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.

Good for you, no one forces anyone to buy these sausages and people should be free to celebrate heroes any way they want and not made to feel ashamed by a ex MP's tweets. She's just a prat of an ex MP looking to cause indignation. Looks like she succeeded with some.

• Upvote 1

Such a shame the ex MP didnt do this research. Article from 2017.

https://uksausageweek.com/the-story-behind-uk-sausage-weeks-champion-sausage/

Inspired butcher Andrew Rook in Ramsgate, who was crowned UK Sausage Week’s Supreme Champion with his Battle of Britain Sausage, is raising money in the run up to Remembrance Sunday.

Andrew, of J C Rook & Sons, will be giving 50p for every lb sold to the Battle of Britain Memorial at Capel Le Ferne.

Andrew’s Battle of Britain banger won the UK Supreme Champion Sausage category and he received its trophy from antiques expert, TV presenter and UK Sausage Week Ambassador Eric Knowles at a special celebratory lunch held at Plaisterers Hall in London to launch UK Sausage Week 2017.

Speaking about the inspiration for his champion sausage Andrew said: “I plucked my inspiration from the air (literally) whilst walking across the white cliffs near Dover. A spitfire, with its exceptional and unique noise flew past.

“Immediately I thought of the last family day out we had as dad, mum brother and sister. I had arranged for my dad’s 65th birthday to go up in a two seater Spitfire (Trainer) from Duxford Airfield. Sadly, a year later my sister succumbed to the dreadful big ”C” – cancer. As part of our family recovery we planted an oak tree as a Memorial to her.

“My thoughts then flitted to the Battle of Britain Memorial just along the Coast at Capel-Le-Ferne, and how important it was for so many families.

“So, using our local Brewers (Shepherd Neame) Spitfire Ale and some Kentish hops almost like you would add a herb, I came up with the Battle of Britain Memorial Sausage.

“But most importantly it is to be sold with 50p/lb going towards the Memorial. It gives us all at J.C. Rook & Sons a real feel good factor on top of the joy of success.”

Andrew added a big thank you to his team: “I have a great team of people working with me to develop and produce the sausages, and I feel, as this is such an Iconic part of World War II history that our loyal customers will support our bid to give a truly generous donation to the Memorial.”

2 hours ago, Total Longo said:

I used to live near a stables and one morning i woke up with a bite mark on my nose which in my hungover state i couldn't recall how it had got there. As the day progressed bits of the previous evening started appearing in fractured bursts. I recalled stumbling off the last train absolutely pie-eyed and on seeing the horses in the stables decided it would be a great idea to either dance with them or hug them. So i assume i climbed over the fence and I don't really recall that much else, but i do have a hazy recollection of a horse taking offence at being aggressively hugged by an idiot who could barely stand up.  I'd like to think that it took offence at me saying "why the long face?" though. 

How did you explain your bleeding rectum?

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Fair enough Dockers. But you didn’t do that research either, did you, until you got all uptight about it.

Not sure getting uptight is fair just because we look at things differently. But, Im not the one virtual signalling on twitter 'anyone care to explain this?' or using these bangers to make some point to a wider audience as this woman did.

I suggested there may have been to raise money. I actually did some, not complete research afterwards. It was easy to find one of the ingredients was Spitfire Ale and ergo links to the BBMF.

I then did some further research after reading your post. I admit, your post influenced me to do more. That's when I found the back story.

Mate, Ive no axe to grind with you. As I said, people are free to pay respects any way they wish.

I do get hacked off by lots of the 'culture' people like this ex MP try to foster on us. I dont care what colour party she used to belong to, a tit's a tit in my world irrespective of their leaning. She's done fuck all research herself.

36 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Not sure getting uptight is fair just because we look at things differently. But, Im not the one virtual signalling on twitter 'anyone care to explain this?' or using these bangers to make some point to a wider audience as this woman did.

I suggested there may have been to raise money. I actually did some, not complete research afterwards. It was easy to find one of the ingredients was Spitfire Ale and ergo links to the BBMF.

I then did some further research after reading your post. I admit, your post influenced me to do more. That's when I found the back story.

Mate, Ive no axe to grind with you. As I said, people are free to pay respects any way they wish.

I do get hacked off by lots of the 'culture' people like this ex MP try to foster on us. I dont care what colour party she used to belong to, a tit's a tit in my world irrespective of their leaning. She's done fuck all research herself.

Sorry. My post was a bit snarky. I apologise.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I don't pay less than seven pence a day to see this shit, at least call him a cunt.

Says the crank who got Dave to remove a corker of a thread so it didn't offend some multi-millionaire walking pair of lips & chebs who would never have seen it anyway. I bet you probably emailed her office to tell her what you'd done and all. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Says the crank who got Dave to remove a corker of a thread so it didn't offend some multi-millionaire walking pair of lips & chebs who would never have seen it anyway. I bet you probably emailed her office to tell her what you'd done and all. 

How else am I going to get a date?