You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't know much about Irish culture, music or history, but I've listened to a bit of 'Irishy' music lately and liked it. Any recommendations of Gaelic sounding shit similar to these:

0ex65rl3C48

NLZRWNdGCUc

NoiF7Qket_k

KSDzOKPvedc

Yet another reason to post one of my favourite live videos. Repped.

Stephanie Dougherty looks she's enjoying herself so much at Reading.

I even made a thread about it three years ago. http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/71689-dropkick-murphys-dirty-glass-live-reading-2004-a.html

[YOUTUBE]Pcx6W4se4DM&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

I think only Thai pop music is worse than Irish folk or whatever that awful riddly diddly shit is called that they play everywhere in the tourist traps in Dublin.

Fortunately there are 1 or 2 decent bands and this thread appears to also be U2 free.

As you were.

Can't embed music on here so here's a few from some of my favourite irish artists

Christy Moore -1. Ordinary Man, 2.Cliffs of Doneen.

Mary Black - 1. No frontiers. 2. Carolina Rua

Dublin City Ramblers - John O' Dreams (actually an english folk song adapted from a Tchaikovsky tune given an irish twist, a classic)

Wolfe Tones - Snowy Breasted Pearl. (my favourite)

Paddy Reilly - Spancil Hill

Emmet Spiceland - Mary from Dunloe

Makem and Clancy - Brennan on the Moor

Anything from the Dubliners and also The Furey Brothers and Davey Arthur.

Happy listening!

I think only Thai pop music is worse than Irish folk or whatever that awful riddly diddly shit is called that they play everywhere in the tourist traps in Dublin.

Fortunately there are 1 or 2 decent bands and this thread appears to also be U2 free.

As you were.

Agreed, only brass band music, R Kelly, X Factor warblers and Gilbert and Sullivan 'operettas' are as bad as that fiddle dee dee shite they play in Flanagans and other "authentic" Irish boozers in town. Whiny bastards.

'At the end of the day, they will pay the price for being a fussy eater. If they could afford to emigrate, they could afford to eat at a modest restaurant'

Remember these beauties from the Emerald Isle?

[YOUTUBE]UvjLgjtJKsc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ukCV3o128Nc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]TRxzLYElZi4[/YOUTUBE]

There was an Irish-style song on a recent car advert, of the style of the Coors or Cranberries - and I think it was also on Sons of Anarchy Season Irish. Anyone know it?

Joxer goes to Stuttgart

[YOUTUBE]5EPU65KCNug?[/YOUTUBE]

my favourite hangover song

[YOUTUBE]Vl1NQi_Vit0?[/YOUTUBE]

the pikey song

[YOUTUBE]7tvRU9Rx3UY?[/YOUTUBE]

and here's my last one, Ordinary Man, excellent song written in the 80's, which when you listen to it, you would think it was about the present day

[YOUTUBE]dsmAMKUIXbE?[/YOUTUBE]

Flogging Molly - If I Ever Leave This World Alive:

[YOUTUBE]SjSlNE_F-g0&list=LLjcazK_sq7JV0cY-CSNfyYg&feature=mh_lolz[/YOUTUBE]

The Waterboys - Fisherman's Blues:

[YOUTUBE]HIil8k5QnFU[/YOUTUBE]

Not Irishy, exactly, but a treat anyways:

Shane MacGowan - That Woman's Got Me Drinking:

[YOUTUBE]gDAQOZP_IQk[/YOUTUBE]