You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

Maybe but I'd rather not take the chance, I've seen enough of us relying on a couple of good players to last a lifetime. Let's take some preassure of them by supplementing them with more quality.

If we carry on with our goal shy performances then it will only heap more expectation and more preassure on Suarez when he does come back.

I agree we need to add, despite if Suarez starts to score more, which i have no doubt he will. But not average strikers from France, for there being a point in signing a player i reckon he should be better than what we have, and Sow isnt.

I agree we need to add, despite if Suarez starts to score more, which i have no doubt he will. But not average strikers from France, for there being a point in signing a player i reckon he should be better than what we have, and Sow isnt.

Definetly, we just need the owners and Commoli/Kenny to pull there fingers out and get a spot on signature.

The 13m figure was used before he was signed. Even the more credible papers were saying fee was 16-20m.

No papers are credible when it comes to transfer fees. Fact is that if they aren't in the accounts, it's guesswork. Transfer frees vary to suit whatever narrative a "news"paper is trying to force-feed you.

Sow is definitely better than what we currently have.

No he isnt. He's inconsistent as hell, and that's in Ligue 1. We have Suarez and Bellamy who's better and then Kuyt and Carroll who are both frustrating enough as it is, we dont need to add another player like that. What we need is either top quality or a top prospect. Sow is neither.

At the right price, yeah. He's not top-class but has improved a lot at Lille, and whilst a lot of his goals are somewhat unflattering, he'd give us a presence in the box that we desperately need, he's quick, and can finish with both feet.

Still would have much preferred Cisse, but I'd take Sow in a heartbeat given paucity of our current striking options.

Great word.

Give Jordan Rhodes a chance I recon couple of million' date=' [b']bollocks to all these turds in the French league[/b].

Racist

No he isnt. He's inconsistent as hell, and that's in Ligue 1. We have Suarez and Bellamy who's better and then Kuyt and Carroll who are both frustrating enough as it is, we dont need to add another player like that. What we need is either top quality or a top prospect. Sow is neither.

He's not that inconsistent, really. He was superb for Lille last season, and he's done well this season despite Lille struggling to repeat their success from last year and them losing a player who was an integral part of their attack. We have one out-and-out striker in Carroll, and Sow is a much better striker than him. Bellamy and Suarez, whilst both better players, are both best suited to having more freedom going forward and both like to work the channels, so asking them to do the basic stuff that is expected of a centre forward and to challenge the centre-backs is somewhat counter productive.

He's not that inconsistent, really. He was superb for Lille last season, and he's done well this season despite Lille struggling to repeat their success from last year and them losing a player who was an integral part of their attack. We have one out-and-out striker in Carroll, and Sow is a much better striker than him. Bellamy and Suarez, whilst both better players, are both best suited to having more freedom going forward and both like to work the channels, so asking them to do the basic stuff that is expected of a centre forward and to challenge the centre-backs is somewhat counter productive.

But he is that inconsistent. And that is the bottom line. I've seen plenty of him for Lille to be utterly convinced he's not worth to spend money on.

I hate when Henderson gets lumped in with the "shit" buys.

He's a young player that's moved to a massive club. If that's not hard enough, he's been asked to play most of the season out on the right, a position he's never played before.

Anyone that has any ability to read a game can see he's going to be an excellent player. Keeps it simple, eye for a long pass, makes terrific runs beyond the ball.

He's going to be absolutely boss, but he's not quite there yet. He's far from shit though.

He hasn't got a bad player to learn his trade from either has he?!

And BTW, have you beenwatching SSN? How the fuck did the 3 lads cost £63m?

Carroll - £35m

Adam - £6m

Henderson - £13m

Unless you go with the Sky line of Henderson costing £20m.....

He hasn't been "lumped in" with anything. He is shit.

Okay okay. Hes not shit. But hes bloody crap.

I don't care how "hard" it is for him. Boo fucking hoo. If signing for us was too big a step for him, then why the fuck did we sign him?

And I ask that same question to your point that he's being played as a right winger when he isnt one. Well guess what then. We should have bought a fucking right winger.

If he ever turns out as "boss", I will gladly swallow a mouthful of your piss. Seriously, give me your contact details in a PM. A whole mouthful.

You know why? Because he will never be "boss", not from an objective view anyway. Don't you feel a bit embarrassed justifying his 13-20ml signing (either is too much) with the attributes of essentially "he can pass the ball long", "he keeps it simple" and "he runs forward".

Hey, he also has two legs and a ball sack in between his legs. Lets congratulate him for that and some other rather vague characteristics.

P.S. - I dont care if he's young. Every player should be judged on their merits. Henderson, even before he came to us, is not a top-four player. We have a culture of justifying the limitations of our players at our club. Its like a defensive mechanism of some sort. People don't realise though that its regressive and detrimental.

But he is that inconsistent. And that is the bottom line. I've seen plenty of him for Lille to be utterly convinced he's not worth to spend money on.

And I've seen plenty of him for Lille to be utterly convinced that he's worth signing at the right price (i.e. around €10m, which is what has been quoted), so we're at something of an impasse now, aren't we?

QUOTE=manicss01;3058510]He hasn't been "lumped in" with anything. He is shit.

Okay okay. Hes not shit. But hes bloody crap.

I don't care how "hard" it is for him. Boo fucking hoo. If signing for us was too big a step for him, then why the fuck did we sign him?

And I ask that same question to your point that he's being played as a right winger when he isnt one. Well guess what then. We should have bought a fucking right winger.

If he ever turns out as "boss", I will gladly swallow a mouthful of your piss. Seriously, give me your contact details in a PM. A whole mouthful.

You know why? Because he will never be "boss", not from an objective view anyway. Don't you feel a bit embarrassed justifying his 13-20ml signing (either is too much) with the attributes of essentially "he can pass the ball long", "he keeps it simple" and "he runs forward".

Hey, he also has two legs and a ball sack in between his legs. Lets congratulate him for that and some other rather vague characteristics.

P.S. - I dont care if he's young. Every player should be judged on their merits. Henderson, even before he came to us, is not a top-four player. We have a culture of justifying the limitations of our players at our club. Its like a defensive mechanism of some sort. People don't realise though that its regressive and detrimental.

Will be very interesting to see how Papiss Demba Cisse adapts to life in England. He has averaged roughly a goal every two games for the last four seasons and was the most efficient / clinical striker in the Bundesliga last year in terms of his shots to goals ratio. He record is all the more impressive given that he has always played for fairly middle of the road teams.

Newcastle's scouts have developed a habit of picking up decent players at reasonable prices even if the rest of the club appears to be a shambles. I suspect Cisse will be a significant improvement on Leon Best / Shola Ameobi so they will suddenly have a reasonably formidable strike force when Ba returns from the Cup of Nations. Even if things don't work out they will almost certainly recoup the bulk of the £10m they spent on him by selling him back to Germany as he is relatively young. He certainly looks better value for money than Jermaine Defoe in my opinion...