You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shift work and Nights.

lifetime fan

Nothing worse than bloody kids playing in the street when your a night worker in the summer.I hate the windows closed and the bastards always used to wake me up by 12.

The neighbours behind us have had the builders in since last summer. There cant be a bit of that house that hasnt needed drilling or hammering

Don't go to bed as soon as you get in, wait till about 9.30 so you won't get disturbed by people leaving for work and the majority of traffic will have died down by then too.

Put the radio on very quietly and fall asleep with that on. Having a quiet constant noise means you're less likely to wake than if there's silence and then the phone rings or someone slams a door.

Peroni tastes great in the morning too.

Don't go to bed as soon as you get in, wait till about 9.30 so you won't get disturbed by people leaving for work and the majority of traffic will have died down by then too.

Put the radio on very quietly and fall asleep with that on. Having a quiet constant noise means you're less likely to wake than if there's silence and then the phone rings or someone slams a door.

If I want to just have a few hours, I avoid sleeping in my own bed. Crash on the couch, chair or wherever, but never my own bed.

You can get a black out blind from Tesco Direct (cunts) which you fit under the curatians.

They only cost about £30.

Black out blinds are OK, so long as there no other small light sources in your room, like a TV on standby, a blinking LED on a smoke alarm or an illuminated clock. Amazing how bright and annoying these little things can get when the natural light is blocked completely.

No!

I sound like some of the 'people we work with'.....'Oh, I've done all that...'

We're lucky where we are and are not bothered by traffic at all; I've no great problem getting off to sleep its the staying asleep bit that I cant crack....an hour and then maybe another couple before I just give up, like this morning.

What I will try is leaving the radio on rather than on its timed function

Put the radio on very quietly and fall asleep with that on.

I used to go out with a bird who insisted on having the fucking radio on when she was sleeping. No matter how much ale / sex / the real thing I had been party to, I struggled like fuck to get some z's. Give me the telly anytime, but never the fucking radio.

She was a horsey bird though, with a lovely little ares.

I used to go out with a bird who insisted on having the fucking radio on when she was sleeping. No matter how much ale / sex / the real thing I had been party to, I struggled like fuck to get some z's. Give me the telly anytime, but never the fucking radio.

She was a horsey bird though, with a lovely little ares.

Makes sense.

How you getting on Cath?

Guest The Big Green Bastard
This seems weird to me. I have always worked a 5 day week and had two days off at the weekend. It's boss. Admittedly I work fairly long hours and have a commute, so I leave the house at 7 ish and get bcak at 8 in the evening, but I hate the idea of losing a saturday or sunday, or working nights, so shiftwork and retail seem a horrible nightmare.

although i did work in various Supasnaps on weekends in a marvellous variety of retail outlets inc maghull, crosby, town, bootle strand, skem, and southport when i was about 17

Ahahahahahahahahaha!

When I worked nights I never had a problem with sleeping in the day. I could easily drop off within 10 minutes. Found the secret to be getting a shower and jumping straight in bed.

Only thing I struggled with was diet. Eating main meals at 3am etc used to fuck up my stomach.

I dont know anyone that works shifts and isnt hungry on nights.

The call handlers, most of whom do constant nights, eat proper meals through the night which I couldnt do; I am more of a grazer.

I was able to eat when i only worked night but when im either doing shifts or just the odd couple like i am now i eat when i get to work and then unless i dont bring money end up buying crap as there is nothing to do.