You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lee909

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Blacks make it after 24 yrs. The monkey's off the back. The French the best side on the night - absolutely immense - outplayed The Blacks in the 2nd half, but a missed penalty loses them the game. Bring on the next one, and please lets have Barnes in for Quade Cooper in 4 yrs time. GO THE WALLABIES.

French were robbed, blatant penalty between posts turned down with 5 min to go, amongst other terrible decisions. To be fair NZ missed plenty of kicks to put them outta sight, but this tournament has been tarnished by bad refereeing, I would not be surprised if years down the line something comes out about the SA v Australia QF, the ref let to much go in that game to be simple mistakes and robbed SA.

Ooh me heart. Tough game and the french were the better team on the night.

Still, a win is a win and we're world champions for the next four years. Sweet.

Congratulations to you and your country mate !

Interesting times for the Northern Hemisphere teams. Ireland have a bit of a rebuild on their hands, the future looks good for Wales, and hopefully England will make better use of the talented players we have.

Laters everyone.

The only blight on the tournament, and it really spoiled it for me, was the blatant prejudice shown to The Wallabies and Australia. Never seen so many aussie haters gathered together. Shame on you New Zealand. You'd think that Apartheid was born across the Ditch. Bordering on Racism. Forgive us our ANZAC BROTHERS.

France have been fined for their walk towards the Haka.

Fucking joke.

Rugby World Cup 2011: France fined for advancing on haka | Mail Online

France have been fined £2,500 for advancing towards the All Blacks' haka in the moments before the World Cup final.

The International Rugby Board dished out the punishment after Les Bleus - who went on to lose 8-7 at Eden Park - encroached within the required distance behind the 10-metre line in their own half.

He said: 'At one stage we were so close to them that they wanted to kiss the New Zealanders, but I told them to take it easy. It was a great moment and a moment we will remember all our lives.'

France coach Marc Lievremont revealed the players tried to stop before getting too close to the haka and claimed the fine was harsh.

He said: 'Dusautoir tried to stop them, there was a bit of movement bringing them forward. But a fine? I don't know.'

He said: 'We talked that they'd bring something different and they did, but the game doesn't start until the whistle blows does it?

'If anything, it showed us what we were in for and that's exactly what we got. They were right up for the game as we expected and they certainly made it tough.'

Meanwhile, Dusautoir has been accused of gouging the eyes of McCaw in the dying stages of Sunday's showdown.

France have been fined for their walk towards the Haka.

Fucking joke.

Rugby World Cup 2011: France fined for advancing on haka | Mail Online

France have been fined £2,500 for advancing towards the All Blacks' haka in the moments before the World Cup final.

The International Rugby Board dished out the punishment after Les Bleus - who went on to lose 8-7 at Eden Park - encroached within the required distance behind the 10-metre line in their own half.

He said: 'At one stage we were so close to them that they wanted to kiss the New Zealanders, but I told them to take it easy. It was a great moment and a moment we will remember all our lives.'

France coach Marc Lievremont revealed the players tried to stop before getting too close to the haka and claimed the fine was harsh.

He said: 'Dusautoir tried to stop them, there was a bit of movement bringing them forward. But a fine? I don't know.'

He said: 'We talked that they'd bring something different and they did, but the game doesn't start until the whistle blows does it?

'If anything, it showed us what we were in for and that's exactly what we got. They were right up for the game as we expected and they certainly made it tough.'

Meanwhile, Dusautoir has been accused of gouging the eyes of McCaw in the dying stages of Sunday's showdown.

General consensus here is that fining the French for walking forwards is fucking pathetic.

Myself and everyone I watched the game with thought what they did was fantastic. The Haka is a challenge, and the opposition should be allowed to accept the challenge however they want.

General consensus here is that fining the French for walking forwards is fucking pathetic.

Myself and everyone I watched the game with thought what they did was fantastic. The Haka is a challenge, and the opposition should be allowed to accept the challenge however they want.

exactly.

congratulations on your win.