You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

15 hours ago, an tha said:

Is right.

Mind not even 41,000 is it - 39,000 ish.

The absolute state of this:

F_JUgSZXAAAG72e.jpg:large

And just as amazingly they had greater losses than Leeds, Newcastle, villa (all their peers I would say) and the evil empire from across the park combined, who despite being "Big Stand FC" make around 70m per year more per season from the gate. 

3 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

And got a punishment that ALL clubs were aware of and agreed to!

I honestly cannot fathom their outrage, are they all taking crazy pills.

It's like I'm driving down a 30mph road in full knowledge that there's speed camera around the corner but I crack on doing 50mph, get flashed and a few days later get the in the post, but also the day after I do it again and get another fine in the post. Then I kick off saying it's unfair because I was only speeding go get to my job on time and it's clear the DVLA just want me and my car off the road.

I hate being fair to Everton, but the fuck up from the premier league is there were not agreed penalties for these charges at the time Everton were charged. The independent panel that reviewed their case rightly dismissed that tariff, although strangely still came to just about that amount. As far as I know, there's only a subsequent agreement (which is only a recommendation and not set in stone punishment), that has kicked in for this season. It'll likely be part of the next charge. 

40 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

And just as amazingly they had greater losses than Leeds, Newcastle, villa (all their peers I would say) and the evil empire from across the park combined, who despite being "Big Stand FC" make around 70m per year more per season from the gate. 

I hate being fair to Everton, but the fuck up from the premier league is there were not agreed penalties for these charges at the time Everton were charged. The independent panel that reviewed their case rightly dismissed that tariff, although strangely still came to just about that amount. As far as I know, there's only a subsequent agreement (which is only a recommendation and not set in stone punishment), that has kicked in for this season. It'll likely be part of the next charge. 

Was it not agreed to be six points for the breach and a further point for every 5 million over it?

28 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Was it not agreed to be six points for the breach and a further point for every 5 million over it?

No. The premier league told the panel that was on the table for discussion as a model and the panel supported Everton's argument that it wasn't fair content as it wasn't agreed prior to charges. It is actually part of Everton's appeal I think, that despite claiming they wouldn't use it, they pretty much arrived at that point anyway. 

@manwiththestick actually there's a good summary here...

https://burlingtonslegal.com/insight/everton-fc-10-point-deduction-an-analysis-of-the-premier-leagues-decision/

And if you can't be bothered reading....

The Commission rejected an argument put forward by the Premier League that a formulaic approach to sanction should be taken. The Premier League had argued that the appropriate penalty should always be a points deduction, with a fixed starting position of 6 points, and a further increase of one point for every £5m by which the club exceeded the £105m PSR threshold.

However, it’s also worth noting that the Commission left the door open for a new independent regulator to take such an approach. It also noted that the Premier League could amend its own rules (to impose a mandatory structured formula) if it wanted to.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Mad as a box of frogs is Saint Domingo…

IMG_1004.png

He's the biggest bellend on there. Pretty much every single post is about us. 

5 hours ago, deiseach said:

Occasionally you encounter one with a sense of humour/perspective. From a non-football Discord server that I frequent (the reply is from a Blue):

Screenshot_2024-02-02-15-35-43-204_com.discord~2.jpg

I've got no problem with that, Klopp would be shit if any rival wasn't happy about him leaving. 

3 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Check on Google what time the Wallasey tunnel closes.

Yep, she'd get molested at the game. They do that a lot. 

49 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He's the biggest bellend on there. Pretty much every single post is about us. 

I've got no problem with that, Klopp would be shit if any rival wasn't happy about him leaving. 

Yep, she'd get molested at the game. They do that a lot. 

Or snot in her hair.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Mudface said:

In a similar vein to some of the weirder Everton fans-

This is a grown man.

Would’ve thought he’d dislike seeing Black more…

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

I've had a tenner on spurs 

If you've mockered this do you know what I'm gonna have to do?  I'm gonna have to fucking go to fucking Halewood and fucking snap the thumb and forefinger off every single person I see who I think resembles the kind of wanker who would be walking around in this day and fucking age with a name like fucking Pete. 

How do you think that sounds, huh?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If you've mockered this do you know what I'm gonna have to do?  I'm gonna have to fucking go to fucking Halewood and fucking snap the thumb and forefinger off every single person I see who I think resembles the kind of wanker who would be walking around in this day and fucking age with a name like fucking Pete. 

How do you think that sounds, huh?

images(8).jpg.ed38202e9413423b70db5c6a6854ab31.jpg

• Haha 2