You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

They live in a fantasy world. Any visitors in Euro 2028 will probably buy loads of Liverpool merchandise and tour our ground seeing as we are known worldwide and Everton aren't. 

I went to Madrid about 7 or 8 years ago and Atletico’s new stadium was only just opened. I got the tube out there to have a look and a wonder around the outside but didn’t go in, but I did the Bernebeu tour on my last day. Same vibes.

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

Saw that bellend Andy Nicholls on Facebook lecturing Liverpool fans about Heysel and our behaviour there. 

This is despite him glorifying footy violence that he was involved in and even selling tickets for the neutral end at the final. 

Not to mention the book he published about it.

He's a twat!

15 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Powershift is back on. They won the women's Derby.

Fun fact. The young lady who has now scored two women's derby winning goals for Everton was dropped from LFC's women's Academy despite many of us around at the time knowing she was going to make it. Her and another young girl,who made it to the Ladies Super League were both dropped despite being outstanding talents from a young age.

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just like Chelsea they will be bought out and all their sins wiped away including the sporting injustice they achieved by breaking rules that their relegation rivals adhered too.

Best case scenario (for them) is that they get bought out and all their financial sins are wiped out, yet they remain shit. 
They’re in such a poor state that they’d need years of work to become a midtable club who sell their best players every summer.  

39 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Do you fear for them?

I do, I really do. 

Just trying to be sure what he says there though. Is he saying they are running at a 20m loss per month without the 200m they supposedly need to find for the stadium? Surely not? They've slashed their wage bill now. The ground is supposed to be finished in 14 months, so surely that 20m a month they need to find is to fund that? 

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

Interesting.  Have they tried one of those pay day loan companies yet? 

I thought that tweet was all about the pay day loans they already have! 

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just like Chelsea they will be bought out and all their sins wiped away including the sporting injustice they achieved by breaking rules that their relegation rivals adhered too.

Will they, though?

If you had a ton of money to buy a football team, why would you choose a debt-ridden, relegation-threatened basket case?  It's hard to think of a less attractive "investment opportunity".

5 hours ago, Mudface said:

image.png

No, it won't. It's a white elephant that'll take decades just to pay for itself, even if they manage to get near Chelsea or Man City's (dubious) revenue, that still only an extra £30 million or so a season- https://sportsjournal.io/premier-league-football-clubs-matchday-data/

How is the revenue from a 50,000 seater beyond anyone's comprehension?  

25 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Will they, though?

If you had a ton of money to buy a football team, why would you choose a debt-ridden, relegation-threatened basket case?  It's hard to think of a less attractive "investment opportunity".

I suppose they represent a blank canvas in some ways? It may be easier to start from where they are now, with a fan base that’ll adore them (certainly initially) and a new stadium, in the richest league in Europe, and they, like Chelsea, could be given a free hit in the transfer market to “aid” their progress. 
Someone might be interested in taking a punt.