You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Konchesky: the worst player to ever to play for us?

1892-LFCWasBorn

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a basic, quick start guide, look in the mirror. That's not a Liverpool player.

That line you quoted really got to me; it comes across as incredibly snide. Dalglish chants aside, I don't think Hodgson or Konchesky have got ridiculous levels of abuse at the game, but I get the sense they both blame the supporters rather than their own performances for what they perceive as a lack of support. I just want them both gone as soon as possible.

That line you quoted really got to me; it comes across as incredibly snide. Dalglish chants aside, I don't think Hodgson or Konchesky have got ridiculous levels of abuse at the game, but I get the sense they both blame the supporters rather than their own performances for what they perceive as a lack of support. I just want them both gone as soon as possible.

They're basically two people who are so far out of their depth it's actually crushing their own self respect, and they're responding by lashing out. It's a bit like those fat birds on the X Factor who started smacking each other when the audience booed them for being shite.

Off the top of my head

Kenny: Carter

Souness: Kozma, Stewart, Piechnik

Evans: Dundee, Leonhardsen, Kvarme, Babb

Houllier: Le Tallec, Cheyrou, Diomede, Ferri, Diao

Rafa: Josemi, Kromkamp, Nunez, Dossena, Gonzalez, Itandje, Pellegrino, Degen

Have all stunk the place out on more than one occasion, so PFK has plenty of competition for the title. He's going the right way about claiming it though.

No, he's nowhere near the worst.

I always said he'd be shit but he's trying his best and you can't fault him for that.

It's not his fault that he is essentially a mid table clogger; that's just the way it is. Whilst he wears the red shirt he'll get my support but as soon as we get a decent manager he'll be shown the door. All this abuse is unwarranted and unfortunate

Off the top of my head

Have all stunk the place out on more than one occasion, so PFK has plenty of competition for the title. He's going the right way about claiming it though.

Agree with that, except you've left off Diouf and Aquilani.

Agree with that, except you've left off Diouf and Aquilani.

That's because they had the potential to be good players for us if it wasn't for cuntishness and injuries. I'll leave you to decide which is which. Keane, Morientes, Speedie, Clough, Saunders, Zenden, Ziege, the list goes on. Players that we hoped would do really well for us but just didn't. Maybe the likes of Dossena and Le Tallec could have been left out for the same reasons. That's different to players who were always shite and we should never have signed. Like Konchesky.

That's because they had the potential to be good players for us if it wasn't for cuntishness and injuries. I'll leave you to decide which is which. Keane, Morientes, Speedie, Clough, Saunders, Zenden, Ziege, the list goes on. Players that we hoped would do really well for us but just didn't. Maybe the likes of Dossena and Le Tallec could have been left out for the same reasons. That's different to players who were always shite and we should never have signed. Like Konchesky.

Maybe, but surely as a player you're judged by how you perfom and not how you should have performed.

Keane is actually another one who has got to be up there with one of our worst ever signings, not because he's the worst player but because of what we paid for him, the length of time he was here and for what he did while he was here. Dean Saunders should never be on that list and neither should Speedie.

I'd give my right arm for a Christian Zeige right now.

Off the top of my head

To be perfectly honest I would only include Diao, Cheyrou and Babb as bigger flops than Konchesky. This guy plays week in, week out regardless of the level of crap that his performances contain. The others weren't such regulars and were dropped quite often. The Konch, on the other hand, is virtually undroppable.

No and no.

Hodgeson does not deserve my support and neither does Konchesky because they're both not good enough for Liverpool Football Club. The pair of you, go away quickly.

Why does him not being good enough not allow you to support him when he pulls a red shirt on mate?

We have had dozens of players over the years who haven't been good enough but as long as they are putting a shift in for the team when they are selected and giving 100% then any player will have my support to be honest. The players who I can't tolerate are ones who clearly don't put the commitment in like back in the day Harry Kewell falls into that category. Talented player but his commitment was questionable at times and I didn't support him for that reason.

Babel has also been guilty of this as well. Look at the spice boy team in the mid 90s as another one. Some supremely talented players, Stan Collymore was a tremendous footballer but didn't have the required desire to succeed here, ditto Ruddock, good centre-half but unprofessional off the pitch.

Question Konchesky's ability or lack of it by all means but his commitment isn't in question for me. That is one thing he can't be faulted for in my opinion.

Why does him not being good enough not allow you to support him when he pulls a red shirt on mate?

We have had dozens of players over the years who haven't been good enough but as long as they are putting a shift in for the team when they are selected and giving 100% then any player will have my support to be honest. The players who I can't tolerate are ones who clearly don't put the commitment in like back in the day Harry Kewell falls into that category. Talented player but his commitment was questionable at times and I didn't support him for that reason.

Babel has also been guilty of this as well. Look at the spice boy team in the mid 90s as another one. Some supremely talented players, Stan Collymore was a tremendous footballer but didn't have the required desire to succeed here, ditto Ruddock, good centre-half but unprofessional off the pitch.

Question Konchesky's ability or lack of it by all means but his commitment isn't in question for me. That is one thing he can't be faulted for in my opinion.

I know I should feel like that too John, but I think it's because I associate him with Hodgson. I see the pair of them as a bubble of mediocrity that came here as a package and that each one will support the other. They came together and I think they will go together.

I didn't really mind him before his mum said that but it just makes you think what's being said behind closed doors. I bet some of the things being said would make people who call us Murderers every week in the stands at OT cringe.

I want him gone at the earliest opportunity after that, certainly not played. Any decent manager would have Aurelio in for the next game, not this retard though.

I got really annoyed with the Insua hate in the summer, I still think he's a class player, he's miles better than Konchesky and Aurelio(Not hard I know) but, to throw a spanner in the works, this is on wiki...

"Insúa is rumoured to be returning to Liverpool in the January transfer window after Galatasaray manager Gheorghe Hagi stated that he did not want loan players in his squad. Liverpool are thought to be keen on accepting a possible return."

Oh, and he's homegrown.