You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Konchesky: the worst player to ever to play for us?

1892-LFCWasBorn

Hahaha....I was actually having the very same debate with my Brother last week.

Not sure whether he's actually the worst ever, but he's certain up there alongside the likes of Julian Dicks, Nicky Tanner, Sean Dundee & Paul Stewart.

Honourable mentions also go out to Salif Diao, Eric Meijer (apart from his last game at Anfield when he was ace), Phil Babb (Christ, did I fucking hate that clumsy oath) and Istvan Kosma...

...and come the end of this season you could probably add Christian Poulsen too.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got really annoyed with the Insua hate in the summer, I still think he's a class player, he's miles better than Konchesky and Aurelio(Not hard I know) but, to throw a spanner in the works, this is on wiki...

"Insúa is rumoured to be returning to Liverpool in the January transfer window after Galatasaray manager Gheorghe Hagi stated that he did not want loan players in his squad. Liverpool are thought to be keen on accepting a possible return."

Oh, and he's homegrown.

What a man, probably the one that got me properly hooked on football, I'd start him over Poulsen any day, I know he's 45 and he could only have 1 leg now for all I know but still...

I've been surprised at actually how bad he's been. I wasn't exactly made up when we signed him, but I thought he was pretty much a steady Eddie and I figured that he couldn't do much worse than Insua or Dossena. Fucking hell, he's been an abortion. His positional sense is nothing short of woeful.

Definitely not the worst player to play for us though. He's not even the worst player in the current squad.

I've been surprised at actually how bad he's been. I wasn't exactly made up when we signed him, but I thought he was pretty much a steady Eddie and I figured that he couldn't do much worse than Insua or Dossena. Fucking hell, he's been an abortion. His positional sense is nothing short of woeful.

Definitely not the worst player to play for us though. He's not even the worst player in the current squad.

Agree with that. . He's a better player than what he has shown with us though. Whether it's the pressure, our form, Woy or whateverthefuck, he hasn't shown it.

If only that that brazilian crispy crunch could keep himself fit.

Nice avatar beast!

Not the worst ever.

But I would have rather kept Insua. At least there is room for improvement in a young player such as him, and he had a few assists last year too

Insua's defending was average but at least he could go forward and attack. Konchesky is just shit.