You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Konchesky: the worst player to ever to play for us?

1892-LFCWasBorn

So a player runs directly at carragher. Skins him; just by running in a straight line, not with any Messi type wonderment and the covering full back is to take all the blame? I don't think so.

Carragher made the decision to step up and pressure a ball he was never going to reach, doing so took him out of the play. When you do that you have to get the man or the ball.

And Johnson was way too far away to cover, so his choice was a tackle from behind and a surefire penalty.

Johnson was in a much better position to put in a challenge and was closer to the ball than carra and decided to watch instead of putting in a challenge and carra took the blame.

Johnson is an utter shite defender.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson was in a much better position to put in a challenge and was closer to the ball than carra and decided to watch instead of putting in a challenge and carra took the blame.

You mean Johnson off to the side was in a better position to challenge than Carragher who was standing in front of Modric and who had plenty of options beyond a last ditch tackle in the penalty box? OK.

What does that make Carragher then, as he's cost us more goals than Johnson this season.

Kon made an error for the 2nd goal Sunday obviously and overall is not great - after a decent start his form has dipped lately - but to suggest he is the worst ever is totally ridiculous.

It annoys me how people have a go at certain players all the time and yet others can do similar things and it does not get mentioned - talk about favourites and scapegoats. Come on lads we are meant to be supporters - and the way to get the best out of our players is to encourage them not to have a go at them all the time. Kon (and Poulsen for that matter too) are not stupid and know that the crowd does not like them - how is that helpful? - it puts unnecessary pressure on them and is not the Liverpool way for sure. I remember Kelly in one of the away European games doing exactly what PK did on Sunday - letting the winger go past him due to day dreaming late in a game but difference was that the lad missed = just cos it ended up a goal does not make it a worse error. Anyway I do not hear anyone saying the kind of things they say about PK about Kelly - not that they should of course bu lets have some consistency here

Clearly Kon (who to me is an OK PL full back who can do the job but will make mistakes) is disliked is due to the fact he was signed when G and H were here by RH who many do not like. Give him a chance I say. Tbh too I like his attitude more than some around our team (Johnson for instance who seems an arrogant so and so and has been equally poor and culpable for goals against) as PK at least came out and admitted he messed up.

One day we may get a better LB (or Aurelio may stay fit) but PK is currently the best fit LB we've got so lets treat him right hey.

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on this site.

You know, Carragher is not God, he does make mistakes from time to time. Pointing out those mistakes won't make the universe collpase in on itself.

Don't know if Paul Stewart was mentioned (didn't bother reading the whole post) but he is up there for me. Muck. Phill Babb too.

I have to admit I initially thought Konchesky was a good idea, purely because he was a natural left full and had PL experience but I hang my head in shame. He's dire. And I was shamefully wrong by some distance.

If only Fabio could stay fit then we wouldn't have an issue.

If your talking bad business, Alberto Aquilani and Robbie Keane. Disasterous and yeah, they were nothing to do with Uncle Roy.

Worst players, how about Cheyrou? Le Tallec? Konchesky is pretty bad but I think him and Poulsen will be sold, never to darken our door again when Uncle Roy is ushered out to a nice cosy warm flat where he can have a nice cup of tea and think about what he did wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davelfc

Liverpool defender Paul Konchesky has urged fans to get behind manager Roy Hodgson after a tricky start to his reign.

The Reds have struggled this season under the former Fulham boss and certain sections of fans have called for Hodgson's head even at this early stage of his tenure.

Left-back Konchesky, who followed Hodgson to Anfield from Craven Cottage, insists the experienced coach can succeed on Merseyside and believes he has the right formula on the pitch.

"I know right now the fans obviously want a different style of football, but I think his style will work here," said Konchesky in the Daily Express.

"The supporters need to get behind him a bit more.

"He wants to be at the top. He isn't happy about us being eighth and ninth. I knew coming to Liverpool that the expectations would be different to Fulham, but I didn't fully understand by how much until I got here.

"Every single person in Liverpool wants their team to be back in the top four. The pressure is high, but it's also good because you have to show people what you are about.

"The league is funny this season. It's not just Liverpool not winning matches. It gives us a chance of getting back up there, especially if we do well over Christmas when we'll have players coming back from injury."

Konchesky has also come in for criticism since his switch to Liverpool with certain quarters saying he is not good enough for the club.

"I've seen and heard that said, but people would have to tell me what a Liverpool player is to them," he added.

"At first my form struggled and I was injured, but lately I've got myself fit and have done all right. I want to do better but, in a way, I think it's easy for people to say things about me.

"I haven't been here before and I am one of the manager's signings.

"People have an opinion of me now. After a few months, if we finish fourth or fifth, would their opinion of me be different? I will get on with it, get over it and prove them all wrong."

Sky Sports | Home | News | Konchesky - Get behind Roy

Mr Konchesky : you need to be better than Aurelio, something not many of us think you are. And you need some different coloured fucking boots.

I don't hate him, but Aurelio offers so much more defending and attacking right now. It's Konchesky's old club and Roy will probably play him, am expecting to see Fabio on the bench. In fact, no matter who it is we're playing in the PL, I still expect to see him on the bench.

Translated: "Me and my fellow mong man manager fink you're all wrong and when we finish 5th, you'll all be eating your words. My mum says I'm a good left back so it just shows how knowledgeable you fans really aren't! Roy didn't realise who Liverpool were until he got here so leave him alone to get us back up to the top, I mean 5th, er what did you LFC fans say was acceptable again, I haven't the foggiest, right, right, yeah."

"I know right now the fans obviously want a different style of football, but I think his style will work here,"

Eh? What are you talking about, I don't want someone to come around our houses and bludgeon our families to death while they sleep but I think Hannibal Lecter will work here?

How is defining 'will work', the only thing that it 'will work' for is Roy's bank account.

Bjorn Tore Kvarme for me was our worst player ever. He was fucking woeful at defending. He made Titus Bramble look like Franco Baresi.

He was good for the first few games though, we thought we'd found a decent defender, maybe Roy Evans defensive coaching got to him. It's ll get to you too, it gets us all in the end.