You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so those who are good at tracking our comings and goings, where are we up to this summer? i know it started as far back as he end of the season with san jose out and shelvey in - got to say we seem to have sold loads.

It was posted in a thread a few weeks back, both this summer alone and with the money left over from January.

I asked about it the other day, will be interesting to look at.

As always depends how you want to spin it. 41 vs 10 at this point.

Out:

Javier Mascherano - 18 million

Yossi Benayoun - 6 million

Albert Riera - 5 million

Andrea Dossena - 3.5 million

Mikel San Jose - 2.3 million

Diego Cavalieri - 2 million

Andriy Voronin - 1.8 million

Nikolay Mihailov - 1.5 million

Krisztian Nemeth - 1 million

Alberto Aquilani - Loan

Philipp Degen - Loan

David Martin - Bosman

Lauri Dalla Valle - ?

Alexander Kacaniklic - ?

In:

Christian Poulsen - 4.5 million

Brad Jones - 2.3 million

Danny Wilson - 2 million

Jonjo Shelvey - 1.8 million

Joe Cole - Bosman

Milan Jovanovic - Bosman

Maxi Rodriguez - Bosman

Konchesky - ?

Mierles - ?

Edited by piscinin
de-spinning.

Out:

Albert Riera - 5 million

Alberto Aquilani - Loan

Philipp Degen - Loan

David Martin - Bosman

Lauri Dalla Valle - ?

Alexander Kacaniklic - ?

In:

Brad Jones - 2.3 million

Danny Wilson - 2 million

Joe Cole - Bosman

Milan Jovanovic - Bosman

Maxi Rodriguez - Bosman

Proper spining having masch and the 2 young lads sold when they haven't been yet but don't have konchesky or the Portugal lad as been bought

Out:

Albert Riera - 5 million

Alberto Aquilani - Loan

Philipp Degen - Loan

David Martin - Bosman

Lauri Dalla Valle - ?

Alexander Kacaniklic - ?

In:

Brad Jones - 2.3 million

Danny Wilson - 2 million

Joe Cole - Bosman

Milan Jovanovic - Bosman

Maxi Rodriguez - Bosman

Only the 2 players in red are players we might miss,while the others were just make weights.

Cole is a big signing and I like the look of Poulsen and if Meireles is signed then I think its good business overall.

When I say good business I mean the quality of the players coming in and not the financial side of it because if we make a profit then we suspect that goes on paying off the debt or in the yanks pockets.

Guest PurpleNose
Are we counting signing on fees for Bosman signings?

Does anyone have any concrete evidence of what they are?

Or any of our transfers for that matter?

The murky underworld of Cecils and agents makes it increasingly difficult to have a fucking clue how much we've spent or brought it.

Proper spining having masch and the 2 young lads sold when they haven't been yet but don't have konchesky or the Portugal lad as been bought

The two young lads don't have figures next to them. Forget Mascher, Koncheskey and the portugese lad then.

Joe cole got a decent signing on fee but look at the wages saved, it all comes out of the same 'account' remember.

Still about £20m up.

Will get a clearer picture on September the 1st.

It won't look pretty.

I'm not so sure myself. If we close the deals for Meirles and Tovoninen at the prices mentioned it would be pretty close. Still negative nett spend but certainly better than I expected. The stadium fund however is where we need to be looking when the next set of accounts come out.

Only the 2 players in red are players we might miss,while the others were just make weights.

Cole is a big signing and I like the look of Poulsen and if Meireles is signed then I think its good business overall.

When I say good business I mean the quality of the players coming in and not the financial side of it because if we make a profit then we suspect that goes on paying off the debt or in the yanks pockets.

I know what you mean, most of the players aren't worth kicking up a stink about, but I just worry about depth. We saw how lack of depth killed us at LB last year and for all the worrying about the 25 man squad limit, its looking like we won't be able to name a 25 man squad!

Give me the numbers and the wages of the players shipped out to offset them and I'll throw them in.

Well there's your problem with this kind of list. You don't know the fees or how they are structured, you don't know the wages and you don't know the signing on bonuses. Might as well make up a figure and get angry; it will save time.

Well there's your problem with this kind of list. You don't know the fees or how they are structured, you don't know the wages and you don't know the signing on bonuses. Might as well make up a figure and get angry; it will save time.

Well, alas, the world is not as black and white as we would all like it to be. We can moan about it; or work out how to get on with it. You say the numbers aren't precise enough; I say they are precise enough for what I need to use them for.

How is that spinning? The list you've quoted doesn't have Mierles or Konchesky on, yet it does in the original post.

Well, alas, the world is not as black and white as we would all like it to be. We can moan about it; or work out how to get on with it. You say the numbers aren't precise enough; I say they are precise enough for what I need to use them for.

They'll be precise enough to tell whether Broughton's a lying cunt like the rest of them.