You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems a very weird deal.

Did Fulham value Dalla Valle at 3m last season?

Not sure what you mean. We'd agreed a cash only deal at 3m, then fulham said they wanted the kids. Their value (which I don't know what it is) was taken off the 3m. Those players were not crucial to the deal though, if they'd refused to go we'd have just paid 3m.

Not sure what you mean. We'd agreed a cash only deal at 3m, then fulham said they wanted the kids. Their value (which I don't know what it is) was taken off the 3m. Those players were not crucial to the deal though, if they'd refused to go we'd have just paid 3m.

He's saying Fulham offered us 3m for LDV last year. So why the extra player in the deal?

Well, the only one who can settle it is Hermes himself.

Hermes, is it a yes or a no to the question I asked you?

Of course it's a yes. Although different publications publish slightly different figures for individual transfers (the true figures are known only by the clubs themselves) they all have us at or near the top over the period prior to the last 18 months. As I said, show me one or more that don't.

The idea that we have not won the league because we have been outspent is a total myth.

That's wrong. We valued Konch at £5 which was £3mill plus the kids.

Of course it's a yes. Although different publications publish slightly different figures for individual transfers (the true figures are known only by the clubs themselves) they all have us at or near the top over the period prior to the last 18 months. As I said, show me one or more that don't.

The idea that we have not won the league because we have been outspent is a total myth.

If Everton spend almost as much as City the next four years, do you expect them to win the league?

Of course it's a yes.

It's a no from me.

And I'm guessing you're conveniently overlooking that we're talking about net spend in this thread?

Surveys that show the total outlay by a club on player purchases without taking into account player sales are useless to me. At best they can be used as an argument that playing squad turnover is high.

If the club sells a player for £6M and buys another one for £6M the club hasn't really spent £6M. And if you repeat that operation once more, you haven't really spent £12M on players.

If you had, you could 'save' the cash and buy a better £12M player instead.

We've made a net profit in transfers the last two years so I find any claim that we're only outspent by Man City in the last five years absolutely ridiculous and completely out of touch with reality.

I don't know where you got your information on that. I know where I got mine - the cash price was 3m before the kids were involved. I am not guessing this or working it out from newspaper reports.

I'd like you to reveal your source if you think different. of course the fee was undisclosed, Metro has it at £4mill plus the kids, as far as I understand it though the valued price given to Konchesky was around £5million, obviously we owed Hodgson money and all and these things are complicated but we put a tag on Konchesky to around £3million plus kids.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/839572-paul-konchesky-signs-for-liverpool-in-swap-transfer-deal

It's a no from me.

And I'm guessing you're conveniently overlooking that we're talking about net spend in this thread?

So was I. Show me figures that refute it. The Times, Sky, The Telegraph, the website that claims to have tascked all of the figures.....are they all wrong?

I'd like you to reveal your source if you think different. of course the fee was undisclosed, Metro has it at £4mill plus the kids, as far as I understand it though the valued price given to Konchesky was around £5million, obviously we owed Hodgson money and all and these things are complicated but we put a tag on Konchesky to around £3million plus kids.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/839572-paul-konchesky-signs-for-liverpool-in-swap-transfer-deal

You'd like me to reveal my source? Well I ain't gonna do that, as that would make me a cunt. However, your source is the fucking metro, i would be embarrassed to use it. I can safely say I would choose my source on this over any newspaper publication - in fact I would choose it over whatever your source was, that's how close to the deal mine is. You believe it or not - makes no fucking odds me. The deal was valued at 3m.

You'd like me to reveal my source? Well I ain't gonna do that, as that would make me a cunt. However, your source is the fucking metro, i would be embarrassed to use it. I can safely say I would choose my source on this over any newspaper publication - in fact I would choose it over whatever your source was, that's how close to the deal mine is. You believe it or not - makes no fucking odds me. The deal was valued at 3m.

No need to go off on one, the Metro is not my source, hence it giving different deals but I was merely pointing out a claim made by them on it which supports what a number of papers have said. As does Hughes comment before Konhesky leaving, anyway if youre not going to reveal your source and make claim I have to choose, knowing what I know,which is not from the papers, not to beleive it.